lmfao

On empathy and other people's point of view

8 posts in this topic

I have no verbal answer or answer contained in thought to give. No logical or rational answer. And I doubt anyone here has one either.

A hypothetical solipsistic POV: Only my direct experience exists. [Therefore other people's point of views don't exist.] Therefore I will have no morality. 

I have not seen this line of thought bubble in me. And I don't know why. I don't find paying attention to the fact only my experience exists as making me selfish, and I don't know why. 

Thoughts and theories pop into mind but they just dissolve. 

If you asked me why I'm good or not good, why I be or do X thing, I couldn't tell you. And that's pretty funny.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Yes, it is pretty funny xD There can be only One.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I think we underestimate what the idea of solipsism actually means. It actually is not a dumb idea that we make it to be. It does not say only I the body exists in a void and all else is illusion, because it is based on oneness, therefore brain also is a form of that void it is talking about. Brain and body also are the void. 

@Vibroverse I am not insulting solipsism, quite the opposite. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Indeed. The "consequences" of solipsism aren't what you would typically predict with logic. I.e. Becoming "selfish" and immoral

Edited by lmfao

5 hours ago, Blackbeat said:

Light Yagami ma boi!

Chigau!!!! It's Akiyama Shinichi, main character from a manga called "Liar Game". He's 10 times smarter than Light Yagami. Manga is about a bunch of people who are forced to play in underground gambling tournaments for getting out of debt. All the games they play are strategic and centrally psychological in mechanics. Deception and outwitting the opponent, both IQ or EQ wise. 

So it has some similar things to Death Note, but better.

Edited by lmfao