Lyubov

Who will be the 2024 Republican nominee for President?

21 posts in this topic

Who do you guys think will run for the nominee and win it?

I'm guessing it is between Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz?

3 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Who do you guys think will run for the nominee and win it?

I'm guessing it is between Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz?

Well, I pray it won't be Trump again.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada. 
I think he can’t run for president

Edited by Jennjenn

It'll be interesting to see how many Rep politicians try to hang on and pander to Trump's crowd over the next several years. It seems like Trump and his nut-huggers like Cruz, Rubio, Carlson, and I'm sure several others are more popular among this radicalized conservative voter base than the likes of Romney. I'm sure a large percent of rep voters will not soon forget Romney's negative opinion and stance on their beloved cult leader. Either way I am definitely curious to see who it will be. Also, keep an eye on Josh Hawley. 

It doesn't even matter at this point. They will have no chance of beating Kamala Harris.

They either try to backtrack and save face by nominating someone milk toast and boring compared to Trump, who won't galvanize the nation enough to win, or they introduce someone even crazier than Trump that they won't want to rally around because of the fiasco they just went through.

Either way the GOP is colossally fucked for 4, 8, maybe even 12 years.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy

46 minutes ago, Roy said:

You think that'll be the case even if Biden fails to achieve anything significant over the next 2 years? I know he has already signed over a dozen executive orders, but by significant I mean addressing major issues like student loan debt, expanding medicare, raising minimum wage, helping to create a more equitable and just society etc.

Considering the Dems have the opportunity to achieve almost anything they want though Congress, if they get nothing done won't the finger just be pointed at them as they're called "do-nothing-dems"? Also, it'll be interesting to see how Biden deals with the Middle-East and if he'll start to engage in more Neo-lib bullshit wars over there as I think a decent portion of the country has been wising up to these wasteful and useless wars. It seems anti-war is a stance that voters on both aisles tend to agree with.

Edited by GroovyGuru

19 minutes ago, Roy said:

It doesn't even matter at this point. They will have no chance of beating Kamala Harris.

They either try to backtrack and save face by nominating someone milk toast and boring compared to Trump, who won't galvanize the nation enough to win, or they introduce someone even crazier than Trump that they won't want to rally around because of the fiasco they just went through.

I pray that you're right. However, I still hope that next Republican nominees are at least not as dumb or dumber than Bush jr. was and at least not as devious or more devious than Trump was.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

people were saying that when trump won the nomination in 2016. don't under estimate their ability to suppress voting and exploit the system to continue their minority rule. 

23 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

people were saying that when trump won the nomination in 2016. don't under estimate their ability to suppress voting and exploit the system to continue their minority rule. 

Well, I hope that the voter turnout for 2024 will end up being at least as high as it was for the 2020 election.

Btw, I think that the USA would be a better place, if most conservatives in the country were eliminated from existence.

Edited by Hardkill

In a normal country no one would ever vote for a republican candidate again.. Which would mean the death of the republican party.

I think it would be good if Trump would be the republican nominee, because then the republicans would lose the election. Americans can't be so crazy that they would make Trump president again, right..

Ted Cruz is scummy enough.

Mitt Romney is too principled. His own base will eat him alive.

You need someone scummy, shameless, and lizard-like. Someone with zero integrity -- a solid partisan scumbag ;)

Cruz, Tucker, Hannity, Hawley, Cotton...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm under the impression that any future GOP candidate will have to appeal to the Trumpist crowd, since at this point there's basically no chance of power within the GOP without appealing to the style of politics he unleashed. Ted Cruz is too much of a cynical career politician for this IMO. It could  unironically be someone like Tucker Carlson or one of Trump's kids (yikes)

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

A Sarah Palin style nitwit is also a possibility.

It has to be someone with charisma and that simpleton charm. If they want to win.

Eric Trump 

Cenk uygur 

Ivanka Trump 

AOC

Kamala Harris 

Tulsi Gabbard 

Bernie 

Marc Rubio 

Ilan Omar 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I don't think Trump's family has a chance. Daddy Trump or bust.

The problem for all con-men is that it's hard to run the same con twice. And they don't know any other kind of con but the one they ran. Con-men always need new marks. But you can't do that when you're conning all of America.

Don't forget that 70 million voted for Trump. He got a substantial vote, although he lost. 

That's a leverage. Also don't forget it's 4 years and Trump isn't going anywhere 

He still has more opportunities to brainwash. He has already opened the office of the Former President Trump. He can still hold crowds and create his own web site to interact and subdue people. 

And I don't think he is planning to lay low, especially given the humiliating way he was made to leave.His rhetoric this time will be more revengeful and emphatic. 

From the looks of it, Trump is not the guy who backs down easily. His children could follow suit. I can see at least one attempt from his family to hold power. 

And Trumpists aren't suddenly disappearing in 4 years. 

These 4 years are going to be like harsh cold winter for America, that Americans need to brace up for. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I was looking at the charts the other day and Bernie Sanders was actually polling very well! I know he is from the democratic party, but would be nice to see him or a person like him in the next US elections. And in elections after these elections. I think we'd progressively have more and more chances for someone like Sanders to be elected in US. I might even pursue migration to America if that happened

Edited by Hello from Russia

I'm guessing they'll run a slightly more respectable scumbag with a veneer of professionalism this time around.

Plenty of examples from fiction they could turn to for proofs of concept:

Still_of_Ronny_Cox_in_RoboCop.jpg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/