StarStruck

Are there people who regret enlightenment?

104 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, allislove said:

Analogies only work till some extend. That's a good point though. 

There is only mystery after a self realization, every moment is seen as a magic. 
See it this way, now you think how the things should go, after a self realization you are "not-knowing".
Every moment, every breath is met with love, as a gift from yourself.

2 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Imagine the moment they completely surrender and convinced they are dead, and they're gonna be like: wtf i thought im gonna die, no seriously I actually fucking died!!!!!, and then they will relize death was just a cosmic joke, laughing how stupid they were being scared of it, ignoring it, running away from it in their entire life! :)

Indeed Diying before death is libration.

Why rush it though? If it doesn't matter, why not wait until - so called - physical death? To be honest, I only want enlightenment if it serves me. If I get knocked out and get alienated by it, if it interferes with my life purpose. I don't want it.

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck

From the practical point of view it's only about your happiness in daily living. Enlightenment doesn't change anything
Surely, be easy on yourself, no one can push you to a self realization. Relatively speaking, you should desire it more than anything else, so then it has a chance to happen. You may look into "Law Of Attraction", listen to Abraham Hicks, etc. It leads to the same endless end though.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

21 hours ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment is the end of suffering. Anything that causes you to suffer more will not be true enlightenment.

?Enlightenment is the recognition that there never was a sufferer to begin with( it was just the mind identified with as ME)

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Why rush it though? If it doesn't matter, why not wait until - so called - physical death? To be honest, I only want enlightenment if it serves me. If I get knocked out and get alienated by it, if it interferes with my life purpose. I don't want it.

Don't be so ignorant, 

It's like people trying to help you, find the key to unlock the door and scape from your little prison which you are born in it and lived your entire life in it, but you resist it since you've got your "life purpose"  and work to do in it?in a little prison?

Haha

Edited by m0hsen

It’d be so funny in fact, no one could rightfully be expected to look directly at it. 

“Anything other than the woman on top is already too much.”

- Osho

He said that into a camera in front of a studio audience, with a perfectly straight face. There will never be another master like that one. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

Don't be so ignorant, 

It's like people trying to help you, find the key to unlock the door and scape from your little prison which you are born in it and lived your entire life in it, but you resist it since you've got your "life purpose"  and work to do in it?in a little prison?

Haha

I guess, I'm afraid whether or not I will make it out of the prison. The prison has negatives but it has also positives. It would be stupid to prematurely break out of prison and freeze to death in the forest. 

3 hours ago, allislove said:

@StarStruck

From the practical point of view it's only about your happiness in daily living. Enlightenment doesn't change anything
Surely, be easy on yourself, no one can push you to a self realization. Relatively speaking, you should desire it more than anything else, so then it has a chance to happen. You may look into "Law Of Attraction", listen to Abraham Hicks, etc. It leads to the same endless end though.

I did psychedelics and on average it was a horrible experience. I don't want that to repeat. I'm in therapy working through old stuff and trauma of the past. Perhaps after that I might try it again.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

It’d be so funny in fact, no one could rightfully be expected to look directly at it. 

“Anything other than the woman on top is already too much.”

- Osho

He said that into a camera in front of a studio audience, with a perfectly straight face. There will never be another master like that one. 

Osho <3 <3 <3

20 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I did psychedelics and on average it was a horrible experience. I don't want that to repeat. I'm in therapy working through old stuff and trauma of the past. Perhaps after that I might try it again.

Cool, what about daily meditation practice? :))

1 hour ago, allislove said:

Osho <3 <3 <3

Only 20-30 minutes per day

35 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

Sweet :x   enlightenment moment are only temporary but they also affect you permanently as well, little bit each day reprogramming your mind 

It was shocking.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, allislove said:

Osho <3 <3 <3

I get that meditation is a great great tool to align the truth of your true self with daily life, making more fluid, less neurotic, basically more effortless and fun. but...

are you guys for real in the sense that personally there´s no way I can get enlightened with meditation. And this kind of questions derive because people are trying to sort things out. 

Like, you guys must be damn genetic genious because yeah meditation is great in silencing the mind and it has a lot of benefits but it seriously can´t get me anywhere close to enlightment.

42 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Like, you guys must be damn genetic genious because yeah meditation is great in silencing the mind and it has a lot of benefits but it seriously can´t get me anywhere close to enlightment.

Awakening doesn't require meditation. Suffering will wake you up eventually, if you let it. The value of meditation is in developing the one-pointed discipline of remaining present, as the Watcher of thoughts and feelings that arise, without misidentifying with them. With practice, your attachments, and the suffering that goes with them, will dissolve.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Awakening doesn't require meditation. Suffering will wake you up eventually, if you let it. The value of meditation is in developing the one-pointed discipline of remaining present, as the Watcher of thoughts and feelings that arise, without misidentifying with them. With practice, your attachments, and the suffering that goes with them, will dissolve.

Awakening to you being Consciouness doesn´t explain EVERYTHING!!!

THere are degrees of understanding. Realizing yourself as the consciousness behind the thoughts is not the end...

That still doesn´t explain what is really the present moment, how is being created, how other beings interact with you...etc

I mean, come on guys! You gotta be honest with this.

15 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Awakening to you being Consciouness doesn´t explain EVERYTHING!!!

THere are degrees of understanding. Realizing yourself as the consciousness behind the thoughts is not the end...

That still doesn´t explain what is really the present moment, how is being created, how other beings interact with you...etc

I mean, come on guys! You gotta be honest with this.

Where did I say it explained anything? Awakening is the realization that there are no explanations. You don't need any explanations, because you are already Self-sufficient.

As long as you look for explanations, you will be trapped in your conceptual mind. Waking up is realizing that YOU ARE NOT YOUR MIND. It is not a conceptual realization, it is a direct realization.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

27 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

what is really the present moment

Deep breath, relax muscles, look at the wall, closer than close.

how is being created

It's creation itself. 

how other beings interact with you

Not. Two.

31 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Where did I say it explained anything? Awakening is the realization that there are no explanations. You don't need any explanations, because you are already Self-sufficient.

As long as you look for explanations, you will be trapped in your conceptual mind. Waking up is realizing that YOU ARE NOT YOUR MIND. It is not a conceptual realization, it is a direct realization.

So excuse me, you are going to live the rest of your life withouth not really knowing if the persons you talk to are literally you or you have even being them in actuality?

Like, is that something you just don´t care?

I know abiding as consciousness in effortless peace and all of that is great. But, you don´t dictate that that is the end.

Waking up is realizing that YOU ARE NOT YOUR MIND.

And as ForestLuv would say, that is a context which is useful. Yet it can be limiting to explore other contexts...

You don´t say what is waking up. There are SEVERAL states of awakeness. 

Your buddhist reductionist narratives are getting tired honestly. I know you say it from own all your heart and is appreciate it brother, but I really think you are wrong and God can become much much more conscious of itself apart from realizing itself as conciousness.

54 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

So excuse me, you are going to live the rest of your life withouth not really knowing if the persons you talk to are literally you or you have even being them in actuality?

I'm sure you've heard the famous conclusion from Socrates (which is echoed by other sages):

I know that I know nothing.

The human mind is incapable of understanding anything about reality. Chasing knowledge is a fool's errand, from an ultimate perspective. I remember getting my Ph.D., and realizing that the truest knowledge I had gained was how little I actually knew.

The monkey mind hates to hear this. It is always climbing around the conceptual cage, looking for the banana that will satiate its appetite. Awakening is the realization that there is no satiation in the relative world. It will always leave you hungry. Don't listen to it. You are already infinitely abundant.

The only true knowledge that we can have is the direct realization of ourselves as Consciousness. When it happens, you will understand.

Ignorance is destroyed by knowledge of the Self within. The light of this knowledge shines like the sun, revealing the supreme Brahman.

- Bhagavad Gita 5:16