StarStruck

Are there people who regret enlightenment?

104 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment is the direct realization that You are Consciousness. You were never created, and You will never die. Only the relative world is impermanent. The realization is simple, but the path to realization is difficult. Don't confuse simplicity with easiness.

IMO the problem is confusing the states with who they are as awareness, it doesn't matter if you become God, ant, human, it's just different states of awareness, the awareness itself is changless and permanent, and you are it, please understand.

Edited by m0hsen

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment is the direct realization that You are Consciousness. You were never created, and You will never die. Only the relative world is impermanent. The realization is simple, but the path to realization is difficult. Don't confuse simplicity with easiness.

Yes, but you will forget again.

You can't die, how can you think you will be always in pure consciousness of yourself?

It would be so boring ? 

I didn´t even think that there would be a discussion of this topic. Are you crazy? Enlightenment is the best thing that can ever happen! As somebody told to me: "I am fine even when I am not fine"

I know so much about enlightenment without being enlightend myself, you can ask me anything! :) 

18 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yes, but you will forget again.

You can't die, how can you think you will be always in pure consciousness of yourself?

It would be so boring ? 

You're overcomplicating it. I made a simple point: Enlightenment is the end of suffering. If you are enlightened, you realize your ultimate identity as Consciousness, and as a result, you no longer suffer. If you are suffering, you are not enlightened.

I never said anything about enlightenment being permanent. The Buddha taught that the final stage of enlightenment is returning to the Source. Consciousness constantly creates and destroys in relative reality, and enlightenment is nothing more than lucid realization of your ultimate nature in this present form.

Don't worry about Consciousness getting bored. Boredom is a product of the conditioned mind. 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I've arrived at the conclusion that I don't like it, but I guess the conclusion I've yet to arrive at is that there is no me to like it (or atleast that is the conclusion I'm refusing to draw :D). Whatever I'm doing, I don't recommend it (I'm gonna stop with these self-loathing comments before I get banned or something xD).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I never said anything about enlightenment being permanent. The Buddha taught that the final stage of enlightenment is returning to the Source. Consciousness constantly creates and destroys in relative reality, and enlightenment is nothing more than lucid realization of your ultimate nature in this present form.

Can you show about Buddha’s quote? But unfortunately it is not true. Because enlightenment is realization of you are already the source. There is no going or coming bak, You have never go anywhere, create or destroy. You are already where you are as always been. Enlightenment is just being where you already are. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Are there people who regret death?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

You're overcomplicating it. I made a simple point: Enlightenment is the end of suffering. If you are enlightened, you realize your ultimate identity as Consciousness, and as a result, you no longer suffer. 

Yes, enlightenment ends suffering. BUT, you don't know if you will fall of that state of consciousness.

What you are missing is that Enlightenment is a state of consciousness.

Truth is a state of consciousness.

Sorry to break it to you, but unless you are Awake in the NOW, having a "memory" of being Consciousness will probably ease the pain, but it won't make you untouchable.

And I am highly skeptical that the classical gurus were in a God consciousness state all the time.

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Can you show about Buddha’s quote? But unfortunately it is not true. Because enlightenment is realization of you are already the source. There is no going or coming bak, You have never go anywhere, create or destroy. You are already where you are as always been. Enlightenment is just being where you already are. 

Im just curious are you aware of being aware or watchful even when you are dreaming in sleep?

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

Are you familiar with samsara and nirvana? Samsara is the soul cycle of birth and death, and nirvana is ultimate enlightenment, which releases the soul from this cycle.

I like this quote from the Buddha, but there are many others:

It is hard to obtain human birth, harder to live like a human being, harder still to understand the dharma, but hardest of all to attain nirvana.

Enlightenment itself is a product of relative reality. Ultimately, there is no person to get enlightened in the first place. Relatively though, there is such a person, and this soul is on a journey toward enlightenment. Relative reality is the game Consciousness plays, which involves samsara and nirvana. It is the cosmos that abides within God.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Ultimately, there is no person to get enlightened in the first place.

Definitely. Because when enlightenment is realization of birth or existence including the “I” has never took place. Therefore said this: 

22 minutes ago, James123 said:

. Because enlightenment is realization of you are already the source. There is no going or coming bak, You have never go anywhere, create or destroy. You are already where you are as always been. Enlightenment is just being where you already are. 

10 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Relatively though, there is such a person, and this soul is on a journey toward enlightenment. Relative reality is the game Consciousness plays, which involves samsara and nirvana. It is the cosmos that abides within God.

This could be confusing, Relative reality is the game consciousness plays, which involves samsara and nirvana. It is the cosmos that abides within God”. Because, when nirvana happens, realization happens that game or nothing has never happened or there is no such thing as game, cosmos or God. Because even saying “God” is comes from “knowledge”, which is the so called duality. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

39 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Sorry to break it to you, but unless you are Awake in the NOW, having a "memory" of being Consciousness will probably ease the pain, but it won't make you untouchable.

Being awake in the now is precisely what enlightenment is. In that moment, there is no suffering. If you fall asleep after that, you are no longer in a state of enlightenment, and can suffer again.

As to whether people can attain permanent enlightenment:

Samadhi can come and go; generally it can be entered only in a long period of meditation and after many years of ardent endeavor. But one verse (5:28) adds the significant word sada, "always." Once this state of deep concentration becomes established, the person lives in spiritual freedom, or moksha, permanently. This is extremely rare. Mystics of the West as well as the East have attained brief glimpses of unity, but very few can be said to have dwelt in it permanently, as if it were their natural habitat. In the West the most prominent figures are Meister Eckhart, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. John of the Cross, though there have been others. In the Hindu tradition there is a long line of saints and mystics who have tried to communicate something of the nature of this union with Reality or God, from the unknown recorders of the Upanishads through the Buddha, Shankara, and Meera, to Ramakrishna and Ramana Maharshi.

- Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 5

On the noted verse:

The wise master their senses, mind, and intellect through meditation. Self-realization is their only goal. Freed from selfish desire, fear, and anger, they live in freedom always.

- Bhagavad Gita 5:28

Edited by Moksha

I think it they regret being enlightened, they weren’t enlightened in the first place. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

13 minutes ago, James123 said:

This could be confusing, Relative reality is the game consciousness plays, which involves samsara and nirvana. It is the cosmos that abides within God”. Because, when nirvana happens, realization happens that game or nothing has never happened or there is no such thing as game, cosmos or God. Because even saying “God” is comes from “knowledge”, which is the so called duality. 

Yes, people sometimes only realize ultimate reality, and don't yet realize that relative reality is also part of God. God is both ultimate and relative reality, and is beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence.

It is a paradox that is beyond the capacity of the human mind to comprehend, which is why it is called a Mystery. It can be directly realized, but not conceptually understood.

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence. You are the first among the gods, the timeless spirit, the resting place of all beings. You are the knower and the thing which is known. You are the final home; with your infinite form you pervade the cosmos.

Bhagavad Gita 11:37-38

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Lord of the gods, you are the abode of the universe. Changeless, you are what is and what is not, and beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence. You are the first among the gods, the timeless spirit, the resting place of all beings. You are the knower and the thing which is known. You are the final home; with your infinite form you pervade the cosmos.

Love it ❤️?

How could u regret  having an orgasm? So imagine the best orgasm that the universe is capable of experiencing.

26 minutes ago, James123 said:

Because even saying “God” is comes from “knowledge”, which is the so called duality. 

Hell yeah B|

Imagine having a nightmare and there wondering if you'd regret waking up.

38 minutes ago, James123 said:

Because even saying “God” is comes from “knowledge”, which is the so called duality. 

That's why Jewish people didn't want to call it GOD or anything... instead of calling it Yahweh they called it  YHWH or other weird words, anyway it was still duality but you get my point, right?

;)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16