Jaka Pirs Hanzic

Resources on Magic?

31 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I’ve been reading through one of the topics, and the discussion went as follows:

Leo (to someone):

“Yes, there are very important facets you’re still missing. Hard to reach them with standard meditative practice. Psychedelics will allow you to reach them easily.”

Fran11 (quoting Leo’s above answer):

“True, meditative awakenings tend to be more about “The Void”. Besides Psychedelics, Magic and Energy Work are great for realizing imagination!”

I already know the amazing potential psychedelics hold (although im nowhere near as experienced as some people here, i have 3 LSD and around 6-7 mushroom trips so far). Am currently taking a little break from psychedelics, but would be very much interested in learning about the “Magic” thing.

Any quality online resources you guys recommend checking out? Any books?

Thanks! :)

Terence McKenna did a bunch of lectures on magic and the hermetic tradition, they are on YouTube. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Jaka Pirs Hanzic

Just wiggle your fingers without imagining that you are wiggling your fingers. 

A magician can not accomplish this. 

This isn’t possible xD but then again, apparently anything is possible...

5 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

Terence McKenna did a bunch of lectures on magic and the hermetic tradition, they are on YouTube. 

Awesome, will check it out, thanks!

I'm not sure to what type of magic u are refering. The Magic that there is in life is the trascendence of what we believe to be magic and non-magic. For example isn't u being alive in a body, in a giant rock sipinning in itself and arround a fucking ball of fire all that spinning also in itself while travelling throw the universe magic? I'm so confused about people acting normal about existence. Like wtf is even this shit u get born here with a name a race and a ideology and everyone like this shit makes sense. Anyway, magic u could say is also watching life with the eyes of a 5 year old kid. Do u see that face? that is pure magic. Also a cat seeing an amazing incredible thing and getting crazy about it is also magic.

If u are refering to more practic magic I recommend u to check Damien echols, The Golden Dawn and Aleister Crowley as well as alchemy. Those are people or groups of people that understand or study magic.

Edited by The Buddha

15 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

I'm so confused about people acting normal about existance.

It's in the nature of mind getting used to everything fast, being used to current magic doesn't mean man totally understands it, no its magical and mystery AF, but just man gets used to it, because at same time he busy himself thinking about all sorts of other shit for a long time slowly getting blind to the magic of every day life, so yeah very little excitement remains for current magic and so are bored of current magical life he has seeking even more magic :)

Edited by m0hsen

16 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

I'm not sure to what type of magic u are refering. The Magic that there is in life is the trascendence of what we believe to be magic and non-magic. For example isn't u being alive in a body, in a giant rock sipinning in itself and arround a fucking ball of fire all that spinning also in itself while travelling throw the universe magic? I'm so confused about people acting normal about existence. Like wtf is even this shit u get born here with a name a race and a ideology and everyone like this shit makes sense. Anyway, magic u could say is also watching life with the eyes of a 5 year old kid. Do u see that face? that is pure magic. Also a cat seeing an amazing incredible thing and getting crazy about it is also magic.

If u are refering to more practic magic I recommend u to check Damien echols, The Golden Dawn and Aleister Crowley as well as alchemy. Those are people or groups of people that understand or study magic.

Well im not sure what kind of magic, but i was referring to magic as a spiritual practice, like there is meditation, psychedelics, contemplation, yoga etc. You know, something which through practice allows one to become conscious of the true nature of existence.

But i do agree, life is magic itself. Someone once asked me what was the most magical thing that ever happened to me. I replied “life”.

Will definitely check out the resources you listed, thank you! :)

7 minutes ago, Jaka Pirs Hanzic said:

You know, something which through practice allows one to become conscious of the true nature of existence.

Well, what I use is do not expect anything, don't take anything for granted nor believe before hand anything. As u just were born. How u can breathe, drink, eat, read, open doors, gravity, clothes, colour, space, intellect, words, mind, friends, family, technology, animals, plants, temperature... Be profoundly curious about everything.

You should gain the knowledge of knowing nothing! First learn that you know absolutely nothing! 

5 hours ago, Jaka Pirs Hanzic said:

Fran11 (quoting Leo’s above answer):

“True, meditative awakenings tend to be more about “The Void”. Besides Psychedelics, Magic and Energy Work are great for realizing imagination!”

That would be me xD

I've been working on developing my Imagination (mainly visual, musical and tactile) almost daily for 7 years now. Not for spiritual propouses initially, but for artistic ones (I paint and play music).

I developed Psychedelic-like levels of Imagination, Synesthesia and Mindfulness. These grow more and more as I keep practicing. When I started I wouldn't have believed that these levels of consciousness were possible to reach and sustain sober, at least for me. Its been extremely rewarding.

Like I said in that old post, these Psychedelic-like levels of Imagination allow you to watch and comprehend the mechanism of Creation, as you gain the abiliy to bring into Being any perception that you Will, which is how God (you) creates this moment.

I started using it magically since just one and a half years, when I stumbled upon Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics, which I recommend you check out.

1 hour ago, Jaka Pirs Hanzic said:

This isn’t possible xD but then again, apparently anything is possible...

xD 

Exactly. It would also not be possible to translate uncountable unseen photons so quickly & efficiently that meaning arising in and of you is being attributed to arising from words on a screen. Not. Possible. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, m0hsen said:

You should gain the knowledge of knowing nothing! First learn that you know absolutely nothing! 

Yup, this is indeed becoming more and more my experience of life. The more i look around and wonder, what the heck is it, the more i realize that i have no f-ing clue at all! Nothing seems to make sense. Why is there something rather then nothing... what am i... what is it... i guess ill just keep allowing myself to not know for a while, and see where it leads :)

@Fran11 this sounds very interesting and intriguing to me, thank you for responding! I will most definitely check out Franz Bardon's book and do some research on developing my imagination. Any resources you recommend on developing imagination? I feel that apart from spiritual purposes, it could also benefit me in my artistic pursuits, i do photography and also am learning guitar and singing.

I studied magic for some time too, and IMO, a calm mind, strong intention, imagination and energy manipulation is everything to a good magician.you really need to be able to relax and calm your mind, develop strong intention and will power, good imagination and being able to feel and connect to your energetic body in order to manipulate it based on your desire, I really recommend Robert Bruce Energy Work book for energy manipulation you can find it on amazon, there's a free old version too, which is good also, i can share it if you want. John Kreither's "Magnum Opus" is also good read for magic.

Practice meditation and imagination, you will be able to manifest everything you desire in your life. :)

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, Jaka Pirs Hanzic said:

Any resources you recommend on developing imagination?

The book I mentioned has a nice secuence of progression which I recommend you follow. The 5 min concentration thing is cool but also just play around with it as much as you can, I did it that way becouse I didn't know that book back then. It falls short on Musical Imagination. I'll just give you some general tips and then you can ask me to expand on Music if you want :)

- Practice both exact recalling of objects of perception and also train your Plastic Imagination by propousefully changing their qualities. For example, imagine a plastic ball you just saw, exactly as you saw it, but then change it's color, texture, shape, etc.

- Start by the smallest thing you can Imagine to perfection. For example, if you try to Imagine an apple tree at once, you'll miss a lot of detail. So, first Imagine just an apple, then just a leaf, then just the truck and branches, and finally put it all together. Later, you will be able to Imagine the whole tree (and even whole scenes) at once, Imagination grows exponentially.

- Imagination has "degrees of density". It's faint/subtle/ghosty at the beginning, but becomes more dense, defined and concrete as you progress. The same way it happens with Psychedelic hallucinations as you up your dose. 

- Don't try to force Synesthesia, it comes by itself by developing all of your senses. When I started developing my Musical Imagination, I quickly and unintendedly began to see the notes and other sounds just becouse I had been working on my Visual Imagination for years prior. I also feel the texture of any object or group of objects I put my attention on.

- Psychedelics help, you'll find that as your baseline Consciousness increses, the same dose will take you higher and higher. For durable results, use them to Imagine things that are just a little bit above your level. For example, if you can imagine any inanimate object, plant or animal to perfection, but have trouble with human faces (which is the hardest), practice it both during and after the trip. But if you can't even create inanimate objects, go for that first, becouse faces will be too much to sustain after the trip. 

Edited by Fran11

@Fran11 you very well explained it! Thanks

I have developed a strong imagination also duo to practicing digital art for almost a decade and of course with help of energy work techniques ( kriya Yoga for developing Ajna chakra) and meditation.  Which i can imagine anything with good ammount of believeable details with all other senses also.

But im curious is there a level of Imagination which you can reach that which its so detailed and real that you can detach from your body, being lost in it? Im not talking about lucid dreaming, but that level of Imagination which you can consciously do anytime immediately or with little effort, to completely detach from physical reality?

I've done this myself alot being lost and having fun imagining anything. Which will feel mind-blowingly real all the time. But complete detachment from your physical body and incarnate in your dream Is huuuuge ability, what do you think about it?

I'm probably talking about a level which you no longer need any psychedelics for tripping!

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

But im curious is there a level of Imagination which you can reach that which its so detailed and real that you can detach from your body, being lost in it? Im not talking about lucid dreaming, but that level of Imagination which you can consciously do anytime immediately or with little effort, to completely detach from physical reality?

I've done this myself alot being lost and having fun imagining anything. Which will feel mind-blowingly real all the time. But complete detachment from your physical body and incarnate in your dream Is huuuuge ability, what do you think about it?

Well, that's actually something I'm working on! Nice Synchronicity ;)

What you are talking about is often refered to as "Consciousness Transplantation", which means changing your Consciousness' focal point from its usual location (body-mind) to another object.

It can be either done with Imaginary Objects as you describe, or with "Physical" ones. The latter is used in Magic to gain hidden knowledge about objects/animals/people, as well as making your Consciousness more fluid (by experiencing what non-human consciousness is like!). 

As always, there are many many levels to this ability. I have yet a lot of perfectioning to do.

Starting with Imaginary Objects is the easiest. Instead of just Imagining an object, close your eyes and Imagine that you become that object. I know that doesn't tell you much, the technique is quite impossible to describe, but with practice you will get it!

Ar first the sense of being the Object will be subtle, but hold on to it and with practice you'll completely detach from the body. 

The next level would be doing it Imagining an entire scene. You can either transfer your sense of self to the entire thing or just to one object. Practice both.

Then you can move on to doing it with "Physical" Objects, keeping your eyes open.

Edited by Fran11