somegirl

Question for guys - Have you ever wanted to be a girl just to be able to give birth?

117 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

I used to be glad not being a woman. Giving birth seemed too painful and being a man ment more freedom overall for me.

I see... Well women can also choose to have that "freedom" by going childfree I guess. 

But intuition tells me it's kinda wrong to think that woman's freedom ends when child arrives. Maybe you get more responsibility, yes, but freedom is defined differently from person to person. It's a matter of how free you feel individually. 

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What a weird question, I love it! :D

I have actually never thought about this. I don't really feel like I'm missing or anything. Giving birth to a child sounds like hell (and imagine giving birth to twins or something) and I also think that being a father is usually much easier than being a mother. I'm actually glad that I won't have to give birth.

This makes me wonder though... Girls, have you ever wanted to be a man just so that you would not have to give birth?

So far no man has answered yes hahah. Which is to be expected. Everyone is like "It's amazing and magical and all, but no thanks" lol.

To answer your question. I like being a girl very much, but I would want to be a guy just so I can experience the bliss of not ever worrying of being pregnant (when you don't plan to be ofc). That's the only reason. 

2 hours ago, flowboy said:

I'm happy to not have to make this choice, and have this pressure put on me to find the right person before the age of 40-something, and otherwise the option to have that experience is gone... No thank you, I like my life better without that kind of pressure :D

Besides, the experience of creating life is pretty intense for the man as well, if he's present at birth. So I could still have the experience that people describe as more meaningful than their best psychedelic trip (but comparable).

It's not the same as having life grow inside you though. That's a very special and unique experience I will never have, and have never craved or thought about having.

The first part about pressure is sooo true. 

Lucky you for not having to make such choice under pressure. ?

2 hours ago, Myioko said:

I was actually thinking about this a lot today because one of my relatives gave birth this morning, her first girl, she wrote on facebook about how her previous 4 childbirths were all under 3 hours but this one was longer and difficult. She almost drove to the hospital instead of being at home with her midwife, because something went wrong, and the baby didn't have enough oxygen at first. (but it ended up just fine)

When I was 6 I remember feeling a sense of heavy dread and fear towards two things: Putting in eye drops (lol), and childbirth. I'd ask questions to adults and I came to the conclusion that I had to have children someday, which was why I was scared. Personally I still feel gross and grumpy about even periods, I have a hard time identifying with it, I don't feel feminine in that way. But I think the ability for childbirth itself is amazing to me, bringing a new life to Earth.

I'm not sure how many people feel this way, but there's something kind of scary to me about holding a baby? Fear of accidentally hurting the baby, maybe? Once a child turns 2 or 3 they become really cute to me.

(question for guys - then mostly women answer :P)

Luckily you don't have to have a child if you don't want to. 

As for carrying a baby, yeah, I have that reaction too. It's so fragile. I don't want to hurt a baby. I feel that way towards children too (but not about carrying them but about not saying something they will remember 20 plus years from now that will impact them in a negative way lol). 

15 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

No no no. Not related to the children. Both parents have equal responsibility imo.

It seemed to be more the case in social interactions and mental dependency of others, when it came to freedom. I always though women were kind of trapped to men or like minded social circles of other women, for example.

Ohh I see. You really think so? That women are, generally, more mentally dependent on men? That it's like a gender thing?

To me, it's absolutely mind-boggling-amazing that a woman's body can create another human being. This does not compute to me, like HOW?! I mean, the mechanics are pretty clear lol, but really? You just need a little bit of soap water and you will turn food into a tiny human? And this human will not just be a dead body, but a living breathing thing? Will discover the world, fall in love, disrespect authority and be obnoxious like us? This DOES NOT compute. I'm halfway convinced into trying just to see if this is not a hoax lol.

A part of me feels sorry for you for having this enormous pressure and a deadline, but the other part of me envies the mere fact that your life has a purpose that is biologically built in. I mean, this is both a blessing and a curse depending on your choices, but I see it as something you can always fall back on if everything else fails. We don't have that option. If you ever wondered what you're gonna do with your life when you can't have children anymore, well, we men are born this way. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

No.

Imagine for moment that you gave birth to a baby not unconsciously, but consciously, by designing every part of its body using your mind.

Well, that's what a creative person does with his life.

Realize this: "baby" is a purely metaphysically-relative notion. Free yourself to create whatever you want by unshackling your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

That's the thing I don't understand when you say you can imagine and create anything you want.

Does it mean I imagine what's happening now and can imagine anything (live the life I want) or is that you can automatically change how you perceive anything?

I'm just curious.

39 minutes ago, Understander said:

@Leo Gura 

That's the thing I don't understand when you say you can imagine and create anything you want.

I meant that in a more conventional, relative sense.

As in, if you want to be an artist you can create whatever art you want (within reason).

Does it mean I imagine what's happening now and can imagine anything (live the life I want) or is that you can automatically change how you perceive anything?

Here you're talking about the absolute domain. In the absolute domain You/God are creating everything you see. But the human vehicle is not conscious enough to know how this is happening. So practically the ego-you cannot change physical reality willy-nilly. There are higher orders and forces at play that you cannot control as a human.

It's like a video game. When a game designer plays his own video game, he is limited by his own creation. But if he logs out of the game he has the tools to change the game in any way imaginable. But as long as he's in the game playing the game, he must play by the rules him himself established earlier.

But this thread is not about the absolute domain, so don't confuse things. I was not talking about the absolute here.

@Leo Gura

ah, ok.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But this thread is not about the absolute domain, so don't confuse things. I was not talking about the absolute here.

Sorry.

Isn't it interesting how nobody says it's magical when you create a turd? Yet the only one who can create turds is God ;)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Isn't it interesting how nobody says it's magical when you create a turd? Yet the only one who can create turds is God ;)

You couldn't have found a better example of God creating in action, eh? Lol

Modern/Secular societies seem to have a stigma around men desiring children. Or maybe because children are perceived to be limiting their freedom. I just don't get how attached westerners are to "freedom". It's kinda funny how the master becomes the slave sometimes.

Ah! And don't forget the whole antinatalism movement that reeks of nihilism, suffering, ungratefulness, and hatred towards life. All of which are a product of materialism/atheism/overrationality. 

Ancient cultures and less developed countries celebrate children because they celebrate life as a purely magical thing. Of course, materialism is penetrating through them too. But the essence is still there.

That being said, I don't have a position on having children. I guess if I could raise them well and provide for them, then why not? The more, the better. But I don't daydream about that. When my ex asked me about kids, she had already made up her mind that she wanted a boy and a girl, with the boy being younger. I honestly don't understand why these things matter to women, perhaps because of the barbie dolls lol.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, somegirl said:

You couldn't have found a better example of God creating in action, eh? Lol

It's the perfect example, as it reveals how deeply our biases run.

Why does a child have more value, beauty, and magic than a turd?

Think about it.

@somegirl we all pregnant of something inside us, whether light or darkness. 

I am women inside. 

Edited by Conscious life
missing word

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No wonder it took you hundreds of approaches to get laid :P

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's the perfect example, as it reveals how deeply our biases run.

Think about it.

This made me laugh, as noone ever asked me this.

Well... I guess it doesn't serve ego's need for esthetics and usability lol. 

Edited by somegirl

13 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Modern/Secular societies seem to have a stigma around men desiring children. Or maybe because children are perceived to be limiting their freedom. I just don't get how attached westerners are to "freedom". It's kinda funny how the master becomes the slave sometimes.

Ah! And don't forget the whole antinatalism movement that reeks of nihilism, suffering, ungratefulness, and hatred towards life. All of which are a product of materialism/atheism/overrationality. 

Ancient cultures and less developed countries celebrate children because they celebrate life as a purely magical thing. Of course, materialism is penetrating through them too. But the essence is still there.

That being said, I don't have a position on having children. I guess if I could raise them well and provide for them, then why not? The more, the better. But I don't daydream about that. When my ex asked me about kids, she had already made up her mind that she wanted a boy and a girl, with the boy being younger. I honestly don't understand why these things matter to women, perhaps because of the barbie dolls lol.

I got the feeling that children are indeed percieved as something that takes away your freedom. Which is sad.

29 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Don't steal my pickup lines!

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

xDxDxD

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

When my ex asked me about kids, she had already made up her mind that she wanted a boy and a girl, with the boy being younger. I honestly don't understand why these things matter to women, perhaps because of the barbie dolls lol.

Told my husband before we were married that I wanted a blue-eyed boy and brown-eyed girl. That's exactly what I got. 

You guys realize that the only reason you're here is because of some woman's "silly" desire? 

Creation is born out of desire, and it's no one's desire in particular. Any kind of creation, pregnancy and birth is all just about allowing creative power to flow. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost