Seemore

Does anyone care to go live in the wilderness for the rest of there human life?

21 posts in this topic

Giving attention to only needs spares a lot of emotional energy. Probably needed emotional energy once it's said and done lol.  Anybody with experience?

I'm raising my hand.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I always think about that. Tired of the rat race... 

? ? ? 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

A middle ground is trying to achieve financial independence and retiring as early as possible. This is what I've been dedicated to for the past 10-15 years. Very hard with high house and living prices. But I'm not up for having no shelter or having to hunt animals with a spear.

On the one hand, it is a simpler way to live and society just seems like a clusterfuck lately. On the other hand, wouldn’t that be the same as kicking yourself back to beige on the spiral? How do you integrate anything when you’re mainly absorbed in survival?

Go watch "Into the Wild".

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Not wilderness, but my ultimate dream is to create a farm or something like that, where I can plant crops and breed chickens and sheep and other animals on my own. I want to return to the good old agriculture. And preferably live like that for a few years, maybe a decade. And then I may return to society or maybe create my own.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

24 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

but my ultimate dream. 

Cute dream...... Now wake up! 

(might) Sound euphoric when you think about it... But come on.. Who really wants to give up the luxury of modern life and freeze his ass off in the wilderness and run after animals for food ??? 

You have been programmed by thousands of years of evolution to seek comfort and pleasure and run away from pain and dangerous situations. Because that helps your survival. Which is the only game in town. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here What up dude?! Did you even read the post?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Yeah breeding your own food and farm work etc.... Still it's extremely uncomfortable relative to our modern life.. I don't get the argument for it being better. Nvm may its just me. 

-Osho

@Someone here It's the equivalent of having a job and working out in a gym. May not be very comfortable for the body (or maybe only at first), but it sure is very comfortable for the mind. Work is inevitable in life, and life without work is boring.

The biggest differences with my dream lifestyle are: Being completely independent of society, and acquiring the ultimate peace of mind (due to not having to think a lot).

@Gesundheit well it's really a choice between the bad and the worst. 

There is a new movement in sustainable agriculture to embrace ideas like the Lean Farm.. or small intensive acreage of high value crops. I do not think these new models are popping up and so attractive because they make farming easy (because almost nothing does).. and I’m not sure they are possible until you have considerable access to capital and are established but… they all bring up the idea of creating farms where we try to do less of everything and get really good and specific things and systems. Using an approach where we look seriously at time management.. at work flow.. at profit margins for individual crops means thinking about limits as part of farming. The problem is many of people who get into farming have issues with limits. 

On the other side.. Usual societal work is not as exhausting if you have enough self-care.  I do think there is a point when lack of self care and trying to do it all drains you so you do nothing well.. or most problematic for me drains me to the point that I can do only one thing well… keep working and moving. And even more problematically I was always rewarded for this work by everyone. I was practically high fived by everyone I knew for doing it all. Only twice in the past 10 years has someone actually asked with concern about if I was doing too much. Otherwise everyone was happy to help me celebrate being super efficient.  

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

It's a bit Pollyanna, but why not just go ahead and start the dream? As with anything in life, you can do it in stages (I love lists):

1. Go camping in the middle of winter.

2. Do a survival course: learn to catch your own food, make fire and shelter.

3. Go travel the world and live out of a backpack for a year or two (post Covid if that ever happens).

4. Move out into the country.

5. Go work on a farm or collective such as a Kibbutz.

6. Build your own home: I'm into tiny houses, if only, but the UK is not conducive.

At the end of all that I think you'll know if it's for you.

All stories and explanations are false.

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@abrakamowse @Keyhole

I resonate with both of you 

??

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Reality is so simple and merely a dream that we cannot grasp it. It all being that simple and absurd is like beyond mind. 

@Someone here Interesting!

For me, it's way too far ahead, so I don't know a lot. It's still just a few vague ideas floating in my mind.

Although, I think it's absolutely possible with good research and studying, and then practicing. People have done it before science, so it must be easier than it seems. I could make use of all the discoveries that have been made and integrate them into my farming system. It would be foolish to disregard all the progress and evolution. But I want to be independent even of electronic devices and electricity in general. I don't want to own a phone, a computer, or a car. Basically, I want to be independent of anything that I don't generate on my own/have control over.

Usually, scientists/academics tend to be perfectionistic with their systems, because they are demanded to be, for the sake of maximum profit/production. My farm would only be supplying me, so I don't think it would be so complicated. There would definitely be a certain amount of effort in order to maintain the system, but I think it would be within my powers.

Again, I don't know a lot, so I could easily be deluded.

This is way harder than it sounds. It's only when you've actually made the commitment to go and live in the wild, where you realize, you may not have wanted this at all. Survival can become very real out in nature and when you've encountered a life-threatening situation, you'll want to run back home into a comfy bed and watch Netflix. It won't be any easier emotionally out there rather than in your home. 

I assume what most people here want is just privacy from society. So getting a farmland with a house would be closer to your ideal meditation style of life. 

Yes, what's better than being in nature, connecting and being in tune with it? Modern world sucks.