Husseinisdoingfine

Are Elon Musk's ideas here unhealthy?

128 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Like for example if his net worth is 185 bn, he can boast later that it has increased to 300bn.

This is just his shares times the current Tesla share price for the most part.

It's not like he's hoarding money or anything.

People are literally throwing money at him to get a piece of his company.

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Vrubel if his initiatives are really helping the environment in a big way, then good for him 

I didn't see much change in the environment though. 

Not trying to sound naive, where is this change exactly taking place? 

Like in what respect? 

Where are all his environmental friendly cars? 

I would say he is definitely having a bigger impact than 99.9% of people. He is building the foundations for sustainability that is profitable in today's world/economy, that's a big thing. People here love throwing stones at him because they see all of his "spiritual shortcomings". But the truth is that we need people like him to progress humanity.

Criticizing Musk is similar to criticizing Newton for Newtonian physics. Even though his science was not the highest truth his discoveries were crucial for lifting science and humanity to the next level and formed the basis on which people like Einstein could stand to further revolutionize science.

28 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

I would say he is definitely having a bigger impact than 99.9% of people. He is building the foundations for sustainability that is profitable in today's world/economy, that's a big thing. People here love throwing stones at him because they see all of his "spiritual shortcomings". But the truth is that we need people like him to progress humanity.

Criticizing Musk is similar to criticizing Newton for Newtonian physics. Even though his science was not the highest truth his discoveries were crucial for lifting science and humanity to the next level and formed the basis on which people like Einstein could stand to further revolutionize science.

@Vrubel I think 99.999...something.xD

I don't know why in spirituality literally everyone equates everything with Ego. Not with Love. Kind of ironic. 

Love with a capital L, guys. :P

Edited by captainamerica

50 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Vrubel if his initiatives are really helping the environment in a big way, then good for him 

I didn't see much change in the environment though. 

Not trying to sound naive, where is this change exactly taking place? 

Like in what respect? 

Where are all his environmental friendly cars? 

What exactly are you expecting to see? Electric vehicles currently only make up around 5% of the global car fleet (maybe even less than that). Tesla cars are a fraction of that. The benefits on the environment from electric vehicles and energy storage will only be seen in hindsight in many decades to come. It will decades before all cars in the world are electric. Tesla only sold around 800k cars in 2020 (globally), but will likely increase to a few million in the next few years. 

I'm not sure what kind of change you would expect after a couple million people buy electric vehicles. There are billions of cars on the road today.  It will take a long time for them to be replaced. But the amount of electric vehicles on the road will increase exponentially over the next few decades. 

The main thing that his initiatives are doing is forcing other car manufacturers to scrap their petrol run cars and move to electric. Because Tesla electric vehicles are better in every possible way, aside from currently being quite expensive. Any car above $30k doesn't even come close to Tesla's vehicles. Why would you buy anything else? 

Tesla is essentially taking a monopoly over electric vehicles. I suspect that a number of the major car companies will go bankrupt if they don't make massive changes. This seems like toxic capitalism, but actually its for the good of humanity. It has to be done in this kind of brutal way. The other car companies would still be making 'hybrid' vehicles in 2050 if it wasn't for Tesla. Some of the legacy car makers will have to be purged. 

Selfishness is Love.

Ta-da!

Just remember to apply that when you think about Trump and Hitler and Epstein.

Your ego is looking for a way to nitpick reality. But this is pure delusions since reality cannot be better.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Space  Supposedly Tesla is aiming for 20 mil cars by 2027 . Its on the start of the video.

O.o Ooo

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Selfishness is Love.

Ta-da!

Just remember to apply that when you think about Trump and Hitler and Epstein.

Your ego is looking for a way to nitpick reality. But this is pure delusions since reality cannot be better.

If reality can't be better why bother improving it? 

@Space so the price of a Tesla is like $99000, which is a hell of a price? 

I'm thinking about Bill Gates. 

The computers used to sell at $1000 to$ 3000 in the 90s. 

So the price dropped over time and everyone could buy it within a decade itself 

I don't see this happening with Tesla, because the price is too high to drop. 

INTP loner....... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. 

Preety preety

There is probably a reason why some hippie is not in charge of Tesla but Elon Musk. 

The Tesla prices are very confusing. Same model in America costs $33k, but apparently 60k euros in Europe. I'm really confused about how their pricing works

"In time you will learn that intuition is a higher form of knowledge and your feelings are in fact your sharpest tool."

I think this Elon Musk guy is fooling everyone. 

Don't get me wrong, I respect his work. 

But the price of his product actually means that there is no real global benefit. 

It obviously makes him rich but a few millionaires driving his car won't make much of a difference in the environment. 

Preety preety

The question is, is it really possible to literally win capitalism, by being the richest guy on the planet, while also saving the planet at the same time?

Personally, I think the two are polar opposites. You don't just end up on top of the food chain by caring about your surroundings. The system isn't designed like that. It's survival. To win capitalism, you have to put profit above all else, which is literally the opposite of saving the planet, or putting all else first. And then we look at those people to save us.

This is the problem with modern philanthropy. It's only the greediest, most ambitious ones that suddenly find themselves in places of power to produce actual lasting change. And they won't... Time and time again. This is not a coincidence. You can't just shift from egoic greed to selflessness overnight. Yet that's exactly what we expect from people like Bezos or Elon Musk. But they're businessmen, and businessmen first. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far. Any other way, the system would have obliterated them.

I think looking at these people as the saviours of humanity is a big mistake. The same way looking at presidents to fix all of our problems is. Saving humanity, or rather moving humanity forward, takes heart and actual care. Which takes time, effort and spiritual growth. Lots of it. By all of us. Not just that one rich guy. If we as a collective want to see a more unified planet, we have to stop putting all of our faith in individuals. Sure, they can help. But not by themselves.

I hope Tesla doesn't become to the car industry what Cartier is in the jewelry industry. 

;)

Preety preety

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I think this Elon Musk guy is fooling everyone. 

Don't get me wrong, I respect his work. 

But the price of his product actually means that there is no real global benefit. 

It obviously makes him rich but a few millionaires driving his car won't make much of a difference in the environment. 

Musk is not in the business of fooling people but in the business of making sustainability profitable. This is an important milestone from a world economic and environmental POV. He can't just act out noble high-consciousness ideals without a bussines that's profitable. If he didn't have a profitable business he would just be a stage green hippy with no real impact on the world, at least not the impact he is having now. 

15 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

The question is, is it really possible to literally win capitalism, by being the richest guy on the planet, while also saving the planet at the same time?

I don't think it is his goal to "win" capitalism. Ironically by working with and within the current capitalistic system, he creates the most impact.

15 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I think looking at these people as the saviours of humanity is a big mistake. The same way looking at presidents to fix all of our problems is. Saving humanity, or rather moving humanity forward, takes heart and actual care. Which takes time, effort and spiritual growth. Lots of it. By all of us. Not just that one rich guy. If we as a collective want to see a more unified planet, we have to stop putting all of our faith in individuals. Sure, they can help. But not by themselves.

He is not a savior but he is important for progress. Throughout history, great but complex individuals have lead the world forward. Progress is almost always a collective or team effort but it does take good visionary leaders to lead.

Edited by Vrubel

@Vrubel no but consider this thing. 

I'm comparing him to Bill Gates.

Let's see. 

Bill Gates sold computers initially at a high price, but not too high, it was a revolutionary product at the time. A product that nobody had used before. 

People didn't even know computers back then. 

My father purchased a computer back in the 1990s.

Bill Gates was trying to make computers affordable to every home. And it happened.. Literally everyone had a computer. 

Computers from Microsoft were even available in India and other countries. 

I do see this as a huge step towards helping people by Gates. Because he made the home computer affordable to every home. 

But I don't see this with Tesla. 

This guy is selling the car, which is a car, not a new invention remember that, it's a car with a technology and he is selling at a price that even millionaires might have to think twice about before buying. 

Tell me how this is affordable? 

This is like selling a chic handbag at $20,000. Obviously the company will make tons of profit.

But I don't see how this will help everyone. Because nobody can afford it in the middle class. 

Even in the rich class, only a few people can afford. 

So kinda looks like pure luxury brand based capitalism to me to be honest. 

Preety preety

@Preety_India

I see your point and honestly, I don't know if Tesla's will ever be something that will be available for the masses. But If I am not mistaken, he is the first person with a company with solely electric cars and he has proved that such a company can be profitable. On top of that, he made electric look cool and hot for many people, way more than a Prius ever could. All I am saying is that he is pivotal and playing into the very important trend of sustainability. 

Edited by Vrubel

49 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Space so the price of a Tesla is like $99000, which is a hell of a price? 

I'm thinking about Bill Gates. 

The computers used to sell at $1000 to$ 3000 in the 90s. 

So the price dropped over time and everyone could buy it within a decade itself 

I don't see this happening with Tesla, because the price is too high to drop. 

A model 3 is $30k in the US. And they will be going into production with their $25k model probably 2022. An even cheaper version is likely in the next 5 years as Tesla are constantly re-designing the manufacturing process and making it more efficient and cost effective.

It won't be long before car companies start picking apart Tesla's tech and building their own cheap electric vehicles. Electric vehicles will become cheaper than petrol vehicles in the future. This is obvious because electric vehicles require much less maintenance. They don't have a massive engine in the front with 1000 moving parts. 

But ultimately most people won't buy electric cars. Of course there will still be a large amount of people who want to buy their own car (for obvious reasons), but a lot of people will rent autonomous electric Tesla vehicles like they do with Uber today - particularly people in busy city/town areas, which turns out to be most people. 

@Vrubel  that's called branding and positioning a brand. 

But that's not called philanthropy. 

He is good at making his brand famous and he is trying to bask in the glory so he can keep enjoying the profits as long as the car remains famous.. 

This is nothing different from what people have done before. 

For example, in the 1980s, the Chevrolet Corvette was quite expensive and considered a luxury brand back then.. Of course companies made huge profits off these cars but they faded out of existence over time. 

Now nobody even talks about them anymore. 

To me what Musk is doing sounds like classic cliché elite capitalism. 

He is good at branding and profiting off the brand value as long as the brand remains relevant 

And even after the popularity is faded, it becomes a collectible items and still brings in value on auction. 

It doesn't seem to me that he is trying to make his product affordable. 

If you're selling me soap but I can't afford your soap, then I won't call you a humanitarian capitalist no matter how wonderful your soap is 

Preety preety

3 minutes ago, Space said:

A model 3 is $30k in the US. And they will be going into production with their $25k model probably 2022. An even cheaper version is likely in the next 5 years as Tesla are constantly re-designing the manufacturing process and making it more efficient and cost effective.

It won't be long before car companies start picking apart Tesla's tech and building their own cheap electric vehicles. Electric vehicles will become cheaper than petrol vehicles in the future. This is obvious because electric vehicles require much less maintenance. They don't have a massive engine in the front with 1000 moving parts. 

But ultimately most people won't buy electric cars. Of course there will still be a large amount of people who want to buy their own car (for obvious reasons), but a lot of people will rent autonomous electric Tesla vehicles like they do with Uber today - particularly people in busy city/town areas, which turns out to be most people. 

As long as people aren't buying his cars, I won't think his endeavors are helpful to the environment. 

Right now he is just a capitalist. 

I understand that the car costs 30 grand. 

But 99 grand is ridiculous. 

Preety preety