tuckerwphotography

Aya told my friend about COVID

17 posts in this topic

This is not a thread to spread conspiracy theories! This is about how we make meaning of the insights we get during psychedelic experiences.

I don't know how to respond to my friend who just had an ayahuasca ceremony where the medicine apparently told her that both Ebola and COVID were "inside jobs." She worked on the front lines of Ebola in Sierra Leon and is a very intelligent person studying to be a doctor. She is not into conspiracy theories (nor am I), and she was shocked that this was one of the messages she received during the ceremony. Now she feels like she has this "knowing" that she can't let go of. 

Hearing her experience made me question everything I've ever learned during a psychedelic experience. How do we know when we're receiving a download of Truth vs our subconscious mind feeding us information that feeds into conspiracy theories? Perhaps Ebola and COVID were insides jobs, who the hell knows, but regardless how does one process this information in a healthy, mature and rational way while also respecting the psychedelic insights which might be beyond our rational understanding? 

@tuckerwphotography

I have the same questions whenever I'm channeling for someone or I'm seeing someone else channel.

Even channels can be biased. In my experience, it's mostly just a matter of degree.

In this case, I'd ask for more information. What does "an inside job" mean? Are we talking reptilian overlords? Or is it perhaps more of a metaphorical inside job, as in "you create your own reality" kind of thing?

The subconscious is tricky. It doesn't always speak in a literal way which is why our minds can have trouble understanding its messages.

We also need to understand that we form our beliefs based on what serves us. Perhaps that belief serves your friend in some way.

Really, we can't know for sure. All evidence disproving or proving your friend right can be countered. So what does you own intuition say?

I would advise her to view it as processing unconscious material, similar to a dream message.  I have had similar experiences while tripping, and I can fully understand why people fall into the rabbit hole, but we still need to use our rational and critical thinking skills when it comes to things that are "outside" of ourselves.  She may feel like she has intuitive knowledge of Covid being an "inside job" but without any evidence of this, how can she be absolutely sure?  It is dangerous to assume things are true because we were told so while tripping.  I know a guy who is a flat earther, and while on dmt he saw the dome we are all living under - does that make it true?

As Aurum said, she would be wiser to treat it as metaphorical, pertaining only to herself and her own unprocessed unconscious material, and treat it as part of her healing process.

Edited by Freakyboo

I've had delusional trips. I don't believe is all just 'itll be truth' etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think this video can apply nicely here.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Hehe

Self-deception 101.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is it possible that a psychedelic trip can actually give you secret facts about the 'material universe' that you would not have known if not for the trip? or is it all just coincidence and self delusion?

When you want your OG thoughts to be validated by Miss Aya. 

Sigh. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, North Sea said:

@Leo Gura Is it possible that a psychedelic trip can actually give you secret facts about the 'material universe' that you would not have known if not for the trip? or is it all just coincidence and self delusion?

Anything's possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, North Sea said:

Psychedelics make you aware of what’s going on in your subconscious. Even if you’re a rational person consciously but subconsciously you’re being affected by conspiracy thinking, then tripping might “wake you up” to your subconscious bias, but this doesn’t make it any less of a bias. 

The trick is to be made aware of your subconscious biases and then let go of them, not cling onto them because they came from a powerful trip or anything like that.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

"the medicine" "aya" "mother aya"

Psychedelics and religion. What an abdominable combination. Please dont

11 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I think this video can apply nicely here.  

@Matt23I just watched this - thanks for posting.  It's the deepest analysis I've seen yet about how spiritually awakening people get sucked into a conspiracy theory world view.   Love the bits with the Stealing Fire guy about how the boundary-dissolving nature of awakening can create a vacuum that is then vulnerable to a completely new world-view. 

Also the revelation that COVID-19 has worked in society similar to the way psychadelics work - as a non-specific amplifier which brings the shadow self to the surface, which then must be projected outwards if the person is not yet ready to deal with it (conspiracy world view creates a perfect projection - it's the the evil cabal, not me the good person).  

Edited by Freakyboo

6 hours ago, wwhy said:

"the medicine" "aya" "mother aya"

Psychedelics and religion. What an abdominable combination. Please dont

@wwhy Why so triggered by this? It's just stage Green vocabulary to break free of the Orange paranoia around psychedelics being classified as illegal "drugs." Re-incorporating indigenous stage Purple values like ancestral connections to "plant medicine" and embracing the "sacred feminine" are basic textbook examples of stage Green. While it's not generally how I talk about psychedelics, I do see the value in these terms and how they can serve those looking to break free of Orange and see the world from a new perspective.     

Everything that is alternative to public discourse on Covid 19 is instantly labelled a conspiracy theory. Do your own research and actually listen to what these "conspiracy theorists" have to say, they often have pretty good evidence that something is going on behind the scenes. 

The media is controlled by few big companies; read https://techstartups.com/2020/09/18/6-corporations-control-90-media-america-illusion-choice-objectivity-2020/

I see people on here acting all spiritual and open minded, but when it comes to politics they get so defensive, biased and narrow minded. Many people just eat up and accept whatever is in the news. They're so occupied defending their political positions and societal views, that they get blind to the fact they are sheep screaming BAA Baaa baaaa back and forth, while their shepherd is making their enclosure smaller and smaller before their eyes. 

Watch this video and make up you're own mind https://www.bitchute.com/video/4bwTCk5pOiup/. You don't have to believe it all but there is something there, if you have an open mind. Many will see that it is David Icke and instantly turn it off but it is not him, but the man he interviews that is the interesting part. 

So if you want to respond to your friend, I advice you to look at the evidence that is out there supporting her claims. 

Edited by traveler