Bodhidharma

A request for the Leo's Book Reviews Product (or just a book you know)

15 posts in this topic

I know this topic is a little off the forum category but since my topic on the "Book Reviews" is getting unheard I've posted this here 9_9

I've noticed a strong addiction with a video game and I'm wasting my life playing it everyday. I need a book about addiction so I can understand and solve this problem in a efficent way. I'm not asking for Leo to add a book to the list necessarily, I'm just asking for a quality book about addiction :D . Thanks!

Edited by Bodhidharma

No need, just watch videos video on addictions. I think its called the root cause of addiction. And you dont have a 'video game' problem. you have a procrastination problem and your using video games as a distraction to avoid getting your life together. Your ego is scared of getting your life together because its to painful and hard to change.

I think a book will explain more profoundly on the matter, I'll watch the video as well, thanks.

13 minutes ago, SS10 said:

What games do you play out of interest?

DOTA 2 and in just that I've wasted 8000 hours! 

Sem título.png

fam.................. that is almost 1 entire year you spent on that game out of the past 7 since it came out.

If you spent that much time on literally any skill, you would be op af. 

Think of real-life as an rpg and video games are mini-games within it. Yeah, the minigames may be fun, simple, and a source of quick stimulation, but the real deal is so much better once you build momentum and get in the swing of things. 

Look up healthy gamer gg, and perhaps go into coaching with them. They're great! Look it up. I'm surprised it was never mentioned here before. It's is a mental health platform created by a guy who wanted to become a monk when he was young, eventually choose to become a psychiatrists  and now helps people on the internet. Their coaching is pretty affordable compared to most life coaching.

12 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

DOTA 2 and in just that I've wasted 8000 hours! 

Sem título.png

Time is an illusion. The only thing that exists is the present.

Just now, Joshuas said:

Look up healthy gamer gg, and perhaps go into coaching with them. They're great! Look it up. I'm surprised it was never mentioned here before. It's is a mental health platform created by a guy who wanted to become a monk when he was young, eventually choose to become a psychiatrists  and now helps people on the internet. Their coaching is pretty affordable compared to most life coaching.

Dr. K is awesome! healthy gamer gg is a great resource

1 minute ago, SS10 said:

Time is an illusion. The only thing that exists is the present.

12 minutes ago, Joshuas said:

Look up healthy gamer gg

Holy shit man I will! I also think a lot about becoming a therapist and for sure this is one of the topics I will cover, because I know from experience how it is to spend quality time playing. Actually I'm already looking it up, it's a youtube channel, right?

59 minutes ago, louhad said:

Think of real-life as an rpg and video games are mini-games within it. Yeah, the minigames may be fun, simple, and a source of quick stimulation, but the real deal is so much better once you build momentum and get in the swing of things. 

This is good advice. 

You need to channel your addition into real life.

Imagine life to be a video game and you must win life to get to the end. 

31 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

This is good advice. 

It is. Lmao you guys really do see Leo's videos, he said that in that Life Advice series I think, let's try it right?

Also, do you guys have the same or a similar problem?

Well, it's not necessarily wrong dude, it's just not how I want to be. I want to make music, study, meditate, exercice, be a better boyfriend and son, but it gets in the way. Of course people can play and do all that, I can't, it robs my day.

I don't have any book recommendation but...

I used to be addicted to video games but not on that level. I would play as much as I could though. Some day I decided to do a 90 days no videogames challenge and from then on I never got addicted again. I can play with moderation very easily. TBH games got a little bit boring after I saw them in a new light after 3 months.

It may work for you, it may not. It could be a good start I think

Edited by Espaim