BlackMaze

Tap water filter good enough for cooking?

70 posts in this topic

@Preety_India i don't really need any drilling right? I could have this under my sink? 

Another question maybe a stupid one because i don't know anything about this stuff. Will the water be nutritious? I mean the bottled water has magnesium and other minerals in it. Does the r/o removes everything and is that good? 

@BlackMaze not sure about the nutrition. 

But it's clean. 

And you can install a countertop RO under the sink. 

But I'd much prefer it to be on Kitchen counter top because you don't want to bend too much to get water. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

The convictions of Alkaline Water are set to be colon-purging properties, malignancy opposition, hostile to maturing properties, and so forth

I've watched an interview with a gastroenterologist who said that there is no such thing as colon sedimentation. This is a guy who has seen thousands of colonoscopies. Basically all marketing claims that say they will "flush out your colon" are based on thin air. Same with all enema and majority of juice-detox procedures, the best they do is flush our your microbiome and that can have pretty significant consequences. 

In terms of Alkaline water Your body has a precise set of processes to balance PH. By breathing and through kidney filtration. If that is not enough, there are other ways.  Regular drinking of alkaline water is the best way to disrupt these processes. Alkaline water increases PH of your stomach and essentially renders the first line of digestion pointless. I know it sounds tempting to read about miraculous effects of Iceland Glaciers but bear in mind that this is a marketing article from a company that has an interest in you buying this, this is not a research article. 

Not hating or judging or criticising just drawing a picture :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

23 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

do you believe that i need to remineralize the water if i get the ro filter or is it ok to drink it like this? 

No, I don't think you do. RO does not steam out the pure H2O in a way that distillers do. Btw I wouldn't generally rely on water to provide minerals, food should do that for you easily :) The amounts of minerals in water vary so much across the world that it just wouldn't be reliable. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

46 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I've watched an interview with a gastroenterologist who said that there is no such thing as colon sedimentation. This is a guy who has seen thousands of colonoscopies. Basically all marketing claims that say they will "flush out your colon" are based on thin air. Same with all enema and majority of juice-detox procedures, the best they do is flush our your microbiome and that can have pretty significant consequences. 

In terms of Alkaline water Your body has a precise set of processes to balance PH. By breathing and through kidney filtration. If that is not enough, there are other ways.  Regular drinking of alkaline water is the best way to disrupt these processes. Alkaline water increases PH of your stomach and essentially renders the first line of digestion pointless. I know it sounds tempting to read about miraculous effects of Iceland Glaciers but bear in mind that this is a marketing article from a company that has an interest in you buying this, this is not a research article. 

Not hating or judging or criticising just drawing a picture :)

Good lol. Thanks. Kinda gave me new perspective. 

@BlackMaze To check eater quality, you can get a TDS sensor for about 10€.

Zero filters are excellent at filtering. They have five stage filtration compared to Bita’s two stage. Yet the filters are more expensive and if your tap water has a lot of dissolve solutes, you may go through a lot of filters. 

I first filter through an inexpensive Brita filter which reduces by about 40%. I then pour that water through the zero filter, which filters it pure.. This extends the life of the more expensive zero filters. 

Get an RO system which remineralizes the water. Drinking water without minerals is bad. The cost difference is negligible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My RO, remineralizes the water, that's why it's expensive. 

And know that RO needs to be replaced after a certain time to keep efficiency. 

I mean the filter. 

11 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Is that the same as a water Ionizer?

No. It's not the same. Water Ionizer is that which raises the ph of water to make it alkaline or balance its ph. 

The process of remineralizing the water adds back some of the good stuff. This is usually done with a post-filter that contains some form of calcium or magnesium. The most common substances used are Calcite (calcium carbonate) and Corosex (a magnesium compound). Some filters use a combination of both.

Remineralization 

Low mineralized water have few adverse effects:

- High corrosion potential
- Dietary deficiency causing risks of ischaemic heart and cerebrovascular disease (WHO, 2005a; WHO, 2006; Cotruvo, 2006)

The WHO recommends 10 mg/L of Magnesium and 30 mg/L of Calcium for drinking water.

Read more: https://www.lenntech.com/processes/remineralisation/remineralisation.htm#ixzz6kodW38mE

4vmeix.jpg

Remineralization is important. 

Thanks. I just need to buy something extra that doesn't cost much to remineralize. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Get an RO system which remineralizes the water. Drinking water without minerals is bad. The cost difference is negligible.

Mineral drops are inexpensive and can remineralize water that has been filtered to zero TDS. Similar to how an RO system remineralizes. 

I think there is something like an extra filter that remineralizes the water. The one i chose does that but i will need to wait a month or two to buy it. 

@BlackMaze you don't have to do much. Just get a standard RO with the following reqs - 

• Alkaline water RO
  • Remineralization 
  • Countertop 
  • Service and Warranty
  • Replacement of filters annually. 

All your problems solved in one shot. 

And as I said before, the starting price is $300 upfront and can range up to $500. 

You'll have to pay separately for the installing and servicing in addition to the upfront costs. 

You can ask the company for warranty and annual maintenance. 

Edited by Preety_India