Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

Enlightenment is 1,000x easier than in the past

4 posts in this topic

Spiritual information is now available for the first time that, throughout history, has never before been accessible. The capacity to identify truth from falsehood and the degree of its expression is now a major asset and advantage. According to consciousness research, the likelihood of reaching Enlightenment is now approximately one thousand times more likely than it was in the past.

-David Hawkins, Discovery of the Presence of God

Intriguing.

What's also interesting is Shinzen Young's research into enlightenment technology as a potential way to accelerate spiritual development. A successful pilot study along with 12 other advanced meditators showed that a form of sound stimulation to the brain caused the mindfulness process to be less hindered by thoughts, brain activity etc (see hyperlinked text below).

He mentions a not-so-much-talked-about condition called Athymhormia, whereby it seems the patient emanates behaviours that are similar to being enlightened. More on this here from Shinzen's colleague at SEMA.

Fascinating.

I share this because I feel that more who aware of the potential to accelerate spiritual development, the sooner we can bring everybody and hence the world closer to love, whichever word you want to use.

I'm not sure if the Buddha or anyone ever attained that state. We just hear stories about them, we don't know. Reality is an empty mental reality. 

35 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

And it’s still basically impossible for nearly everyone if we’re talking about the alleged permanently enlightened state The Buddha obtained. 

Unsure what's being implied