Valwyndir

What's Leo Gura's Biggest Flaw?

124 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2021 at 6:47 AM, Valwyndir said:

I absolutely agree. I don't think it's because he doesn't care, though. 

I think it's because he cares too much. 

Or rather, he cares in a problematic way. 

To me it seems like Leo is a little neurotic when it comes to control.

He wants everything to be perfectly orderly.

He fears chaos and controversy.

He's imprisoned by the concept of his reputation. 

He's uncomfortable with discomfort.  

This stress could be the root of his health issues and well. 

Once Leo realizes the beauty of uncertainty and starts working with others is when Actualized.org goes mainstream and Leo heals both physically and mentally.  

I think Leo doesn't go mainstream not only because he has a sense of the problems arising from that but also simply because it's not his style.

He has his unique style to do what he does, and even all the deep awakenings he's probably had, his personality still plays a big role in his work and vision I think.

Edited by Snader

1 hour ago, Snader said:

I think Leo doesn't go mainstream not only because he has a sense of the problems arising from that but also simply because it's not his style.

He has his unique style to do what he does, and even all the deep awakenings he's probably had, his personality still plays a big role in his work and vision I think.

True. Going mainstream would be chaos for Leo's mind. Little does he know, he is creating the chaos that he fears by not tackling it head on.

Reality is self fulfilling prophecy.  

Personality imprisons us. Personality is what limits us from what we desire to become. 

How can we be what we know we aren't?

Once Leo extinguishes his personality and becomes truly amorphous, his work will infect the masses. 

9 minutes ago, Valwyndir said:

True. Going mainstream would be chaos for Leo's mind. Little does he know, he is creating the chaos that he fears by not tackling it head on.

Reality is self fulfilling prophecy.  

Personality imprisons us. Personality is what limits us from what we desire to become. 

How can we be what we know we aren't?

Once Leo extinguishes his personality and becomes truly amorphous, his work will infect the masses. 

There's a lot of possible self-deception and projections going on with this man. You should be mindful of the fact that the conclusions you're drawing and assumptions you're making are a reflection of YOU, not Leo. 

If you want Leo's work to be more mainstream, how about you help it flower through your own purpose and path, independent of Leo? There's nearly 8 billion people on this planet, Leo's reached a fraction. Perhaps you should step up your game instead of projecting that responsibility on Leo? 

No disrespect meant by this man. Just seems like your analysis is highly self-bias without realizing it. Of course perhaps that's MY bias. O.o

He does't sit on enough turtles.

@Valwyndir You shoudn't speak for other people.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

41 minutes ago, Consilience said:

I do agree with this.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

1 hour ago, Valwyndir said:

Once Leo extinguishes his personality and becomes truly amorphous

Haha what?xD "Extinguishing your personality"? And why would anybody try to do that?xDxD 

Looking for flaws? Looking for humanness in Leo, are we?^_^ Or what's the point of this thread? 

Gossip about my neighbor's cat,

he doesn't care. 

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Haha what?xD "Extinguishing your personality"? And why would anybody try to do that?xDxD 

Because trying to be somebody is the cause of all your mental suffering. Becoming nobody is freedom. 

I understand you fear becoming nobody. This is part of the flawed Perfection. 

You can't experience the liberation of nothing without first being attached to something. 

@Valwyndir

I feel for you dear seeker, you appear to be stuck in a bit of a rabbit hole. Mainly the ego trap. 

When we're stuck it could be because we're about to make leaps forward. 

Keep up your practices, refine your work and maybe stop the preaching a bit? 

Good luck and namaste ? 

Edited by Surfingthewave

9 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Valwyndir

I feel for you dear seeker, you appear to be stuck in a bit of a rabbit hole. Mainly the ego trap. 

When we're stuck it could be because we're about to make leaps forward. 

Keep up your practices, refine your work and maybe stop the preaching a bit? 

Good luck and namaste ? 

To be trapped you must see the ego as a trap or not see the ego at all.

You'll find that the evolution of the ego is the most brilliant design that allows awakening to exist. 

Once you see the perfection of the ego, you'll no longer have the desire to dissolve it. 

Paradoxically, this extinguishment of desire for its dissolution is its dissolution. 

One who sees the ego as a trap traps himself in his own self fulfilling prophecy. 

@Valwyndir Yes, but your personality won't vanish once you realized that you don't exist. The opposite is true, as far as I can tell; I know a few enlightened people and some of them have quite strong personalities and a lot of strength of character. 

@Valwyndir

What if I (my ego) told you the ego could be a concept? 

You're then theorising about theory. 

You're could be using the ego to define itself, the very thing you're saying is perfect. 

One cancels our the other so then, what are you left with? 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Valwyndir I bet you also have personality in the way you pursue your life purpose or how you fulfill your mission ?

Let's hypothetically say you were a known energetic extroverted person who's strengths were best utilized by being pragmatic working actively with others as a popular face among main pop and pushing your raw insights to people as hard as possible. Would you be fine turning into a super careful introverted loner who mainly worked alone by himself and really carefully tried to teach even a fraction of his insights and wisdom with a really slow pase and long time horizon?

Edited by Snader

2 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Valwyndir

What if I (my ego) told you the ego could be a concept? 

You're then theorising about theory. 

You're could be using the ego to define itself, the very thing you're saying is perfect. 

One cancels our the other so then, what are you left with? 

Hahaha this is golden but you don't realize how golden it is. 

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

@Valwyndir Yes, but your personality won't vanish once you realized that you don't exist. The opposite is true, as far as I can tell; I know a few enlightened people and some of them have quite strong personalities and a lot of strength of character. 

Your personality vanishes. Personality remains but it's impersonal and it only exists as a concept. 

You experience the paradox of an impersonal personality in the conceptual mind. 

You experience the extinguishment of base personality. 

This impersonal personality is no longer constrained by the limiting force of the ego. This allows it to evolve freely.

The ego is what made you believe that your personality is somehow solid. 

You begin to realize that your personality is an act. Your mind creates the idea of a personality.

You are an actor. An actor who never stops acting. An actor who has no base personality to fall back on.

This is how Jim Carrey had an awakening into no self. 

He got so immersed in his characters that he realized he was a character to begin with. 

Of course you'll still be in the habit of playing a certain role, but once you realize that you've been acting,

you allow yourself to be the actor of any role(s) you desire. 

Society gave you an audition that you both passed and failed. It's time to become the director and then the entire movie itself. 

30 minutes ago, Dino D said:

Maybe not having live debates...

LOL

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Dino D said:

Maybe not having live debates...

This answer is so powerful it gave me another awakening. 

On 1/25/2021 at 0:20 AM, Preety_India said:

It's not about being better or being worse. We are not in a competition. You're taking it semantically. 

I'm critical of the lack of understanding of Leo's approach and the egoic way of making it sound like they know better than Leo. 

You must have me confused with someone else or something that isn't there. I'm not competing with you or anyone. I gave @Leo Gurawhat I would consider constructive feedback, and as I've said before, it largely matches what he's already said about himself. 

If you can't tell the difference between constructive feedback and egoic judgment  (both are present in this thread) you don't have much of a leg to stand on as you don't know the difference between constructive feedback and "knowing better than Leo." Then, you unironically proclaim yourself as someone who unequivocally understands Leo's approach. 

On 1/25/2021 at 0:38 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

you could simply start a new channel which would undoubtedly find great success if done right.

Take your own advice and come back when you have two million YouTube subscribers. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, Tim Ho said:

Leo is as deep as he is broad.  I think that balance is what make him special.  

You are God who imagine everything and everyone.. why solipsism is not true?

I agree more with Huang Po's conclusions of reality. I'm not God, you're not God. There is no creator God (as Christianity, Judaism, or Islam would define God.) There is only Mind. We're all figures of the imagination dreamt up by this Mind. Interestingly, Mind is somewhat recursive as we are all having our own little Dreams within the Mind's dream. That said, Mind is not a person -- it's the uncarved block, the Void in which all All comes from.