ivankiss

What is The Mind, really?

89 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, James123 said:

“I” is a thought itself. How can it hide? 

'I' is not just a thought. It's a far more intricate system.

There is no self, how can psychological damage can occur?

By that logic; a 90yr old who has dementia is enlightened. Have you been close to someone with that illness? In severe cases; they have absolutely no sense of self, whatsoever. Far from enlightened though.

Don't mess around with your psyche - I'm serious.

Everyone in this forum know more than Peter Ralston, papaji, Ramana Maharshi, Osho, Krishanamurti vs...  it is unbelievable the how high confidence of the “ego”. 

True confidence is actually a quality of consciousness. God.

No need to parrot anyone's teachings. Or chew on the same bunch of words and ideas time and time again. True confidence seeks no confirmation from gurus.

Unfortunately, Individual has never born. This is not a life, nor you are in universe. Now is before birth and non duality. This is just the truth. If individual stays enlightenment never happens.

”Die before you die” 

That's a method. A path. And a very outdated one - if you ask me. 

In actuality; truth and authenticity care nothing about all that crap. 

Don't drag the boat with you once you get to the land.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It imagines EVERY. FUCKING. THING.

Stop making it complicated.

Shit is being imagined by a mind. The end. So simple.

Yes. But that means nothing if one doesn't actually understand how. Unless one simply doesn't give a shit. Which is cool too, I guess.

I know little to nothing about cars. To me what's important is that it gets me from A to B. It's very simple. That doesn't mean that the mechanics of that car aren't extremely complex. Or that they don't even exist - as some would claim. 

Edited by ivankiss

14 minutes ago, Valwyndir said:

If it can't imagine NOT imagining something

It can do that, and that's where you realize nothing = something

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Also, let's stop deleting comments.

Embrace the chaos. 

Realize your egoic fear of being wrong.

Realize the neuroticism behind your preference for order.  

Realize you can't be wrong (right). 

There exists a perspective where you are (wrong) right. 

Stop trying to be right and start helping others understand that there is no (wrong) right.

This is freedom. 

Screenshot (58).png

14 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Yes. But that means nothing if one doesn't actually understand how. Unless one simply doesn't give a shit. Which is cool too, I guess.

The mind imagines its own reasoning and causes for itself, it's a strange loop. You're just gonna end up at an infinite regression looking for causes.

The mind is imagining itself, along with any causes/mechanisms behind it that you find. 

The "how" you're looking for would be within the mind itself.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

14 minutes ago, Osaid said:

The mind imagines its own reasoning and causes for itself, it's a strange loop. You're just gonna end up at an infinite regression looking for causes.

The mind is imagining itself, along with any causes/mechanisms behind it that you find. 

The "how" you're looking for would be within the mind itself.

Yes, but I have access to the source. Hence it is possible to become conscious of how exactly I'm imagining it all. Conceptualizing it is another thing. But I enjoy that too, so why the heck not.

Mind is mind :D

Any emotional reaction to a bland concept like space is delusion :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

11 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Yes, but I have access to the source. Hence it is possible to become conscious of how exactly I'm imagining it all. Conceptualizing it is another thing. But I enjoy that too, so why the heck not.

When we are in alignment with the source we feel good. As long as we are feeling good and positive, in that sense, we are good. 

Shit is being imagined by a mind

Why not just call it reality? @Leo Gura

Edited by Yali

For now all I think of a mind is as immense potential, that is about it,  no matter how you will shape it , it will shape you just as much, no self, self, thoughts , behaviours, worldviews ,states,   for me it is all by-product of how you mold it and how it runs your reality in return.

I really do not know how to look at idea of transcending mind, because no matter what anyone says, it is mind you use to get anywhere to begin with, I don't deny higher intelligence, but I find problem with all these states and so on , when I know well that no matter which place you are coming from it wants to make it believe that your story is true. 

@PureRogueQ Thank you for that genuine response. 

For me; the 'trick' is in knowing when and how to drop it all and when and how to keep pushing. Balancing knowing with not knowing. That is 'the whole picture' - ime. 

I see nothing wrong with wanting to gain a deeper understanding of myself. But as soon as I catch myself pushing too hard; I let go. I take a break and come back to it refreshed.

I'd say it's totally possible to understand and even master the mind. I think the impulse to do so is only natural. It's evolution.

Most of us - if not all of us - embarked on this journey because we felt like there is something more to be known. And how much have we learned? A lot - I'd say. 

And there is much, much more. 

Edited by ivankiss

No more bs, when we're angry it is because we're feeling weak or something of that. And there is no permanent enlightenment. It is what I am doing in the moment. 

Edited by Vibroverse

What is ANYTHING? (Really?) ;)

Ok fine..... "The mind" could be a thought.... (concept) 

Could be a physical object....

I looked around and didn't see any "minds" there... So I concluded that it's just a thought. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

"Reality is Imagination" 

But the way we act on our daily life and interact with others is just like ordinary people who believe in "objective outside physical world"!

Same awareness, but still for us, an apple in our imagination is different than "physical" , "Real" apple which we can hold in our hand.

Maybe that's the issue, maybe we really need to see the reality as the way it actually is. When we imagine stuff the moment we stop imagining it in our mind it would actually fucking cease to exist for us anymore, obviously because its just Imagination, and no "real" right? But do we really believe that when we close our eyes and stop seeing, anything that we were seeing just some moments ago, become none existence just like our simple Imaginations? Not really.

So doesn't just takes some steps we do at practical level, to conquer the Mind and understand it for the exact reason that "Reality is Imagination" and  mental?

I'd say we really need to contemplate these.

Edited by m0hsen

10 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

"Reality is Imagination" 

But the way we act on our daily life and interact with others is just like ordinary people who believe in "objective outside physical world"!

Same awareness, but still for us, an apple in our imagination is different than "physical" , "Real" apple which we can hold in our hand.

Maybe that's the issue, maybe we really need to see the reality as the way it actually is. When we imagine stuff the moment we stop imagining it in our mind it would actually fucking cease to exist for us anymore, obviously because its just Imagination, and no "real" right? But do we believe that when we close our eyes and stop seeing, anything that we were seeing just some moments ago, become none existence just like our simple Imaginations? Not really.

So doesn't just takes some steps we do at practical level, to conquer the Mind and understand it for the exact reason that "Reality is Imagination" and  mental?

I'd say we really need to contemplate these.

Our simple imaginations do not disappear like that also. They continue but become invisible to us.

Just now, Vibroverse said:

Our simple imaginations do not disappear like that also. They continue but become invisible to us.

Lol! How do you know that?!

When you wake up from a dream, is it still continues for you or just disappears like never happened?! 

What's your direct experience?

Things are not that simple. You have no idea about how real "simple imagination" actually is.