Dunnel

Considering suicide

48 posts in this topic

On 10/02/2021 at 6:37 PM, Dunnel said:

Taking meds means that I esencially have given up on confronting my emotions.

This is a myth. Taking the right medication helps you actually feel emotions. Depression is the thing that blocks them.

On 10/02/2021 at 6:37 PM, Dunnel said:

Im too weak to commit to

Dude, quit this mindset! Seeking help is by no means being weak. Quite the contrary. It takes a lot of courage to do so.

one day this will all be memories

@Dunnel I'm going through a period of high emotional suffering and thoughts of suicide as well.  I can understand you're situation at least in terms of thinking about suicide and wanting it. 

It's amazing how many people are suffering these days.  I wonder if it's always been like this.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@kag101All I can say is that I have expirienced states of bliss during meditation, but that was temporary. Usually for a few seconds and then general calm after or abruptively gets out of it and then I get resentful for "fucking it up" whcih makes going back to being mindful very frustrating. But I might try it out if what you are saying is true. Every psychologist I have talked to recommended that I dont take meds though. That makes it very discouraging. Feels like no matter what I do I always fall bakc to the same baseline. 

Edited by Dunnel

On 12.2.2021 at 1:20 PM, Elsiedottie said:

Suicide is not an option my dear. Please don't think like this and life is beautiful creation of God. So you should enjoy as much as possible.

I literally dont know how 

@Matt23I hope to god this is just some temporary purgatory. It got worse when the pandemic started to hit.

On 2/20/2021 at 0:18 PM, Dunnel said:

But I might try it out if what you are saying is true. Every psychologist I have talked to recommended that I dont take meds though. That makes it very discouraging. Feels like no matter what I do I always fall bakc to the same baseline. 

I can relate to what you're saying. 

I used to not believe that I could live a happy & normal life. But it is definitely possible.

The key is to find good professionals. 

one day this will all be memories

On 2/20/2021 at 7:25 AM, Dunnel said:

@Matt23I hope to god this is just some temporary purgatory. It got worse when the pandemic started to hit.

Ya, I hear ya.  Sounds difficult and like you're experiencing some painful emotions and that you're getting a bit fed up with them and don't really see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I get that and totally understand contemplating suicide from that perspective.  Been there (if that's where you are). 

If you can feel the feels, that's worked for me.  But sometimes it can be hard, so healthy doses of distraction (compassion) can also help.

I've been setting a bar of 10 pushups a day.  Sure I'm not gunna be the Hulk, but crossing that off a list makes me feel productive nonetheless.

Everything changes.

I hope things improve for you.  If you're looking for some free virtual interaction with people with faces, I'd recommend thestoa.ca ... lots of thinkers and even activities like shadow-work exercises, breathwork, and even an event where you take turns rapping to a beat!

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins