peqkno

What’s your training schedule as a life coach? (Question to all you coaches on here)

8 posts in this topic

What’s your training schedule like?

What skills do you deliberately practice daily or on a weekly basis?

I’m yet to go through a life coach training program, but would like to put those skill improvement rituals in place.

.. Also: Have you found any good coaching forums or the like online?

Edited by peqkno

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

@peqkno I have also yet to go through a program, but I will share with you how I am preparing to take a course and eventually create my own coaching business.

- Read coaching books recommended by Leo in his book list. The book Coaching Questions will help to uncover some of the structure of a coaching session and how to prepare good questions.

- Search 'Life Coach' on YouTube and watch videos from many different coaches and coaching programs (iPEC for example)

- Coach yourself or find a peer coach that you can practice with.

- Hire a coach and be coached about how to coach.

- Read books on empathy, psychology, charisma, organization, business, marketing, social skills, and books on whatever you want to coach about: leadership, relationships, personal development...

- Take Leo's Life Purpose Course.

Hope this helps

@Logan Yes. That helps! I've done some of those already (LPC, some books) and the others are nice inspirations. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Logan said:

Read coaching books recommended by Leo in his book list. The book [...]

Btw. just a reminder. We aren't supposed to share Book List books on here. Guess you can edit the name to CQ or sth.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

Also considering taking the iPEC coaching. Why do you want to become a coach and what will your niche be?

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

9 hours ago, NatureB said:

Why do you want to become a coach

life purpose, I wanna bring people closer to feeling awe and wonder for life. Coaching came to mind as a field of mastery because it seems aligned with my values and strengths and I'm interested in it. Though that being said, I'm pretty young (21), so getting that life exp pursuing coaching, seems reasonable to me, I'll see which twists and turns I'll take later with the means for my purpose.

9 hours ago, NatureB said:

what will your niche be?

not clear yet, I'll have yet to research some more and think about how I approach and think about niches. Learned a mindset from a coaching marketing course called "Niches are developed. Not something you choose.", so I'll see what needs are out there.

4 hours ago, peqkno said:

Coaching came to mind as a field of mastery because it seems aligned with my values and strengths and I'm interested in it

Sounds like a good choice.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

On 2/3/2021 at 4:03 AM, peqkno said:

@Logan Yes. That helps! I've done some of those already (LPC, some books) and the others are nice inspirations. Thanks.

Btw. just a reminder. We aren't supposed to share Book List books on here. Guess you can edit the name to CQ or sth.

@peqkno Oh thanks, you're right