Preety_India

How to navigate when you got too many choices and options?

15 posts in this topic

This is a huge problem I face everyday. 

There are so many things in my mind, it's hard to make a choice. 

In the end I get very little done. 

It's like this - I will have many options like doing meditation, exploring some book, watching a video on organic diet, someone recommending me to try a yoga class. 

There's so much on the plate at the end of the day that I don't know where to begin and how to blend all self development activities together. 

Now all activities of different types are equally important and useful so I can't skip or eliminate any. 

It gets difficult because if I focus on one activity then I lose focus on the other. 

I end up feeling like I've my hands all over the place and completely lost and nothing gets done fully or completely. 

Suggestions appreciated. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

All those can be replaced with just being present, being conciouss or redirecting your atention to the source of thoughts or the True I or Self. Do not make boundaries from your spiritual practices and your life. This is the best advice I would have loved to listen years before.

When you feel confused and overwhelmed like that it is best to not do anything for a while. Meditate maybe. 

What are your priorities? What do you feel more drawn toward?

Time management. Have a weekly schedule of activities. Sit down, draw up a timetable of things you want to do each day and when. Then do it. The first few weeks will seem difficult but persevere, after that it will be plain sailing. Adjust your timetable over time as new ideas emerge.

All stories and explanations are false.

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@blackchair what type of baby steps. 

(thank you), take a shower, eat something, take a walk, watch a movie, play Playstation, Facebook, ect ect

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@blackchair what type of baby steps. 

@blackchair well I'm talking about juggling different self development activities like a reading a book, watching a Leo video, hitting the gym, practicing meditation etc. 

You're talking about entertaining activities. 

I'm confused. 

54 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@blackchair well I'm talking about juggling different self development activities like a reading a book, watching a Leo video, hitting the gym, practicing meditation etc. 

You're talking about entertaining activities. 

I'm confused. 

well here in Croatia we have excellent mindfullness program, so i've learned from the best ;)

It seems currently impossible to do them all at once. There are two keys to help you pick

• Prediction
  • Experimentation

Try to predict which activities are best, both considering what is optimal "objectively" / in general and "subjectively" / personally. All you can do before experiencing the activities is predict which ones you think would provide the most benefit.

Also aim to experiment with all these different activities to discover which ones are best. For example,

• Have 2-3 x 30 Min Daily Slots for experimentation, and 2-3 x 30 Min Daily Slots for established activities
    • You can have the experiment activities in those slots for as long as needed to sufficiently experiment their benefit/validity
  • Have 5-6 x 30 Min Daily Slots for experimentation, go through all the top activities you predicted over the next weeks to months, then pick the best ones to start as established activities
    • Or you can even continue to have a few slots for experimentation to reconsider certain activities or for new ones
Edited by AlphaAbundance

@AlphaAbundance

Oh wow that's a great idea of those slots..

Those slots look really helpful.. 

24 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

It seems currently impossible to do them all at once. There are two keys to help you pick

• Prediction
  • Experimentation

Try to predict which activities are best, both considering what is optimal "objectively" / in general and "subjectively" / personally. All you can do before experiencing the activities is predict which ones you think would provide the most benefit.

Also aim to experiment with all these different activities to discover which ones are best. For example,

• Have 2-3 x 30 Min Daily Slots for experimentation, and 2-3 x 30 Min Daily Slots for established activities
    • You can have the experiment activities in those slots for as long as needed to sufficiently experiment their benefit/validity
  • Have 5-6 x 30 Min Daily Slots for experimentation, go through all the top activities you predicted over the next weeks to months, then pick the best ones to start as established activities
    • Or you can even continue to have a few slots for experimentation to reconsider certain activities or for new ones

I can definitely use this technique.