Tovius

Nitrous oxide

9 posts in this topic

So I just looked at Leo's list and this was on here..

Has anyone here tried this for awakening purposes. I'm just trying to get a glimpse of nonduality. 

How much is needed? 

LOL if nitrous oxide gave you enlightenment experiences, then surely Steve-O would've achieved sainthood by now xD

On a more serious note, I haven't tried it post-awakening, so I can't say much. It doesn't do much on its own, but when taken with other psychedelics, I've heard it can produce interesting synergistic effects. That would be your best shot.

Here is a hilarious video of Hamilton Morris trying xenon (same mechanism of action as nitrous):

He describes it as a primarily hedonic drug rather than a psychedelic drug (when it's taken on its own without any other substances).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I've heard it creates euphoria. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

38 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

LOL if nitrous oxide gave you enlightenment experiences, then surely Steve-O would've achieved sainthood by now xD

On a more serious note, I haven't tried it post-awakening, so I can't say much. It doesn't do much on its own, but when taken with other psychedelics, I've heard it can produce interesting synergistic effects. That would be your best shot.

Here is a hilarious video of Hamilton Morris trying xenon (same mechanism of action as nitrous):

He describes it as a primarily hedonic drug rather than a psychedelic drug (when it's taken on its own without any other substances).

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm only asking because it was in his wishlist to try.

https://vorpal.livejournal.com/475681.html

I just want to hear of other experiences to see if it's worth it and if it's actually something useful for this work.

It's pretty fucken interesting, but psychedelics are better for spiritual type experiences, nitrous is more for parties. But if you are interested in dissociatives I think ketamine can definitely help with non-dual purposes almost as much as LSD might. I find it lends itself more to the "no-mind/emptiness" aspect whereas LSD is better for god consciousness experiences. Although at the same time I tried ketamine following all my journeys with normal psychedelics and I definitely think that made a big difference to the quality of the experience.

9 hours ago, Tovius said:

I'm only asking because it was in his wishlist to try.

https://vorpal.livejournal.com/475681.html

I just want to hear of other experiences to see if it's worth it and if it's actually something useful for this work.

Again, if you want to use it effectively, do it at the peak of a LSD trip or something. Using nitrous oxide in large amounts in a short time period or frequently over prolonged periods might be unhealthy for your brain. You should in that case take precautions around getting enough oxygen between attempts and also supplement with vitamin B12 if you want to preserve your myelinated neurons (nitrous depletes your B12 which interferes with myelin synthesis). B12 deficiency is really not something you'd ever want to experience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

INTRODUCTION

I'm happy that this topic is mentioned here, because i really think nitrous oxide can elevate you during psychedelic experiences in whole new levels of consciousness.

So how does this notion come to me? 

A friend and I were discovering 1P-LSD and 1CP-LSD to have some fun and later develop greater consciousness and a sense for non-dual experiences. Simultaneously we discovered that you could have a short interesting experience through inhaling nitrous oxide with the help of a balloon and a capsule crusher. The feeling itself isn't that spectacular. I would describe it like a massive "nicotine-flash", for someone, who doesn't usually smoke. It only lasts for about 15-30 seconds and will vanish shortly afterwards.

So it happened to be that during a lovely little trip with about 150 micrograms of 1P-LSD my friend pulled out some NO2 capsules and suggested we should try how this narcotic and "dull" feeling would play out during the trip.

What now happened can't really be described with words, and I'm sure I can only remember about 5% of the experience, because the mind could not comprehend this experience in any way. But I try my best.

NO2 + LSD EXPERIENCE 

So after about 8-12 deep breaths out of the balloon, reality shattered away. Plants and stones began to look like beautiful fractals, which eventually formed one big fractal, which looked and felt like a "swirl". This tremendous "swirl", which could be felt in the body sucked me into it faster and faster. Simultaneously I began to feel and see every "lucky and joyful" moment of my life again, like in a flip-book, where every page was another "joyful" thing, which happened to me. Even stuff out of my early childhood came up, like when I discovered fascinating things in video games for the first time, or when I had massive joy when playing something. The images were clear and colorful, not comparable with normal remembering of such events.

I also sensed that "sober reality" was just a "curtain", which began to fall apart and got cracks, as soon as the NO2 got to its peak. Behind this "curtain" I could feel a mighty, menacing entitie "laughing" at me about my attempt to comprehend it. I felt small and tiny meeting this higher entity. (Maybe this was like a small DMT experience? I don't know I never tried DMT...)

Then the "curtain" closed again, and "sober reality" was established quickly after. My friend and I were just speechless and couldn't do anything than just laugh about how extremely different NO2 felt during tripping compared to just taking it when sober. It's like day and night.

And remember this was just on about 150 micrograms. So I really think there is a large potential to NO2 to get some deep insights to your past or unconscious when tripping on a solid dose of mushrooms or LSD. 

WARNING

Before you crush one capsule after another, be informed that this narcotic gas , will damage your brain if you use it regularly and too intentisive at a time. The NO2 replaces oyxgen in your blood with itself. Therefor your cells, especially your brain cells, can be damaged if you lose your conscious for too long. Just take it scarsly and dont overdo it. 

On 2021. 01. 24. at 0:43 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Spot on :D

I read his book and he had some seriously fucked up experiences on N2O.