ciclonado

What does "be happy with only being" means ?

38 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Hulia said:

I don´t know, why I don´t do it the whole time. 

Cause you would die ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Girzo said:

It's easier to just sit there and be happy after doing an hour of yoga poses, haha.

The problem with that is: if you aren't able to do your yoga poses you will be unhappy.

Can you see that God had to make happiness conditional on nothing? Otherwise God would be an asshole.

Stop trying to make an asshole of God.

Infinite happiness requires nothing but the surrender of looking elsewhere.

@Leo Gura  Very random but did that video make you laugh?

I would love to see you do a Try Not To Laugh Challenge with really good videos. I think you should stop making your high consiousness video stuff and transition into a react channel on YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem with that is: if you aren't able to do your yoga poses you will be unhappy.

If happiness really is unconditional, then I think I won't.

I totally can imagine a scenario where I am doing lots of yoga and I am being happy, then suddenly I can't do it anymore and discover that I don't need it to be fulfilled and never have needed. That this happinness just stays with me.

4 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I totally can imagine a scenario where I am doing lots of yoga and I am being happy, then suddenly I can't do it anymore and discover that I don't need it to be fulfilled and never have needed. That this happinness just stays with me.

Again, you are fantasizing about some future condition.

In reality your yoga studio will close one day and you will be pissy, not magically happy.

If you want to be happy, start practicing it now.

@Girzo if you have already depended your happiness on your yoga poses then chances are that you would find yourself unhappy when you are unable to do those poses. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India If it was that simple we wouldnt need self development forums and watch videos. The reason you know what you know now is because you have reached that level.

If someone is struggeling with hard conflicts in his head and specific thought patterns he is addicted to, he will not be happy by just sit down. Yes it will help! But wont solve his problem.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch well when you know it then do it. 

Nothing comes on a platter. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In reality your yoga studio will close one day and you will be pissy, not magically happy.

I am my own yoga studio :P

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to be happy, start practicing it now.

I just can't accept it. It smells too much of neo-advaita to me, like "oh, meditation has nothing to do with Enlightenment, just realize you are already Enlightened now", said by a guru with 20 years of formal meditation experience, for example.

Do I say that doing yoga is a requirement to be happy? No, but it does help for sure, I am speaking from my observations. I am doing it for months and suddenly find myself smiling to the mirror in the mornings, being satisfied with work, blissing out while sitting comfortably in a chair, way more often than ever. Am I supposed to assume it just happens by itself in the moment, or actually use the mind I have got to create an abstract connection that it's thanks to yoga?

Yoga is a tool that enables you by doing to have more being in your life. Like psychedelics, which are tools that enable you to experience samadhi.

I am not a fan of the direct path and I don't see error in my thinking.

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

I am my own yoga studio :P

Let's see when you are 70 years old in a wheel chair.

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I think states of mind can be cultivated to last really long, almost a lifetime. 

oh god i love you all so much! :)

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let's see when you are 70 years old in a wheel chair.

i'm aiming to be longer than that ;)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

THis is exactly what I was telling to me yesterday: Hulia, you have to prepare yourself for the worst scenario. Your favorite yoga studio (I tried the other ones, they are not approximately that spiritual) will probabaly be closed after corona is over. My yoga studio that has always been there for the  last 12 years. A beautiful villa in a beautiful park should cost heaps of money to rent. 

4 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Hulia, you have to prepare yourself for the worst scenario. Your favorite yoga studio will probabaly be closed after corona is over.

Ironically, this too makes you unhappy.

Do you get how it works? No matter what you do, you're unhappy! Ta-da! That's the secret of survival ;)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Ironically, this too makes you unhappy.

Do you get how it works? No matter what you do, you're unhappy! Ta-da! That's the secret of survival ;)

so should I just do nothing and go for nirvana?

Being able to just be happy without circumstance isn't trivial. Everyone's got their own load of shit, and all people are fundamentally the same at root. But some people have more negative states to consciousness which its harder to surrender or be happy with. I.e. Health, physical and mental.

BUT even if life is unfair and you were dealt a shit hand, there's probably still a path for you. It might just be a lot more painful though. 

--

I think if you are severely miserable, at some level you have to have acceptance of your situation. And I'm mainly typing that for myself to hear. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@ciclonado
From "I Am That", a compilation of dialogues with Sri Nisargadatta

Q: What am I if not human?

M: That which makes you think that you are a human is not human. It is but a
dimensionless point of consciousness, a conscious nothing; all you can say about yourself is:
‘I am.’ You are pure being — awareness — bliss. To realize that is the end of all seeking. You
come to it when you see all you think yourself to be as mere imagination and stand aloof in
pure awareness of the transient as transient, imaginary as imaginary, unreal as unreal. It is
not at all difficult, but detachment is needed. It is the clinging to the false that makes the
true so difficult to see. Once you understand that the false needs time and what needs time
is false, you are nearer the Reality, which is timeless, ever in the now. Eternity in time is
mere repetitiveness, like the movement of a clock. It flows from the past into the future
endlessly, an empty perpetuity. Reality is what makes the present so vital, so different from
the past and future, which are merely mental. If you need time to achieve something, it
must be false. The real is always with you; you need not wait to be what you are. Only you
must not allow your mind to go out of yourself in search. When you want something, ask
yourself: do I really need it? and if the answer is no, then just drop it.

Q: Must I not be happy? I may not need a thing, yet if it can make me happy, should I not
grasp it?

M: Nothing can make you happier than you are. All search for happiness is misery and leads
to more misery. The only happiness worth the name is the natural happiness of conscious
being.

Well that's what zazen is about. Search for zazen master's, what they realized is that they don't need antyhing, the can sit and be happy that's all.