ciclonado

What does "be happy with only being" means ?

38 posts in this topic

Like, what does "being" mean when someone says "prefer being than doing or having" ? Is it a meditative state ? Contemplating ? Doing absolute nothing ? Savour the present moment ? 

@neutralempty Ok but what "do nothing" means ? What "to do nothing at all" means ? Relaxing on the bed ? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie and I wanna know the basic first

Edited by ciclonado
wrote a word wrongly and forgot to cite a member

@ciclonado

23 minutes ago, ciclonado said:

Ok but what "do nothing" means ? What "to do nothing at all" means ? Relaxing on the bed ? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie and I wanna know the basic first

To understand what “do nothing” means, check out Leo’s video called “Do nothing meditation”, it’s a great episode, loads of value on offer :)

The only way to be happy is to be happy. The end.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It means to have a happy temperament even in bad circumstances which means nothing you do or have will make you truly happy than you simply being happy irrespective of conditions and situations. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

47 minutes ago, ciclonado said:

How to "detox" from doing and stop being addicted to that ?

That would just be more doing. Being is cultivated, like a flower.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

i'd say to start of work on being able to toggle linguistics in your brain on and off. like become a baby and not know something is a word when looking at the text, and not thinking of names of the objects you look at, stop thinking in words, etc. A good way to do this is to let the inner voice play out as you see stuff and notice the voice and like let it go. Once you can do that, and turn of linguistics, focus on your sense of self and try to fully get aware of it and let it go as well. If you feel like there is no center or you, no such this as perception and only this pure being, that should make you conscious of awareness atleast on that level. This is how it happened for me and i brought in and mixed various realization to unknowingly realize being. I KNOW for a fact that it goes wayyyy deeper. And I am working on that, but you gotta work on reaching their first.

@ciclonado

"Being" is all you can ever "be", right?

That's pretty obvious. You can't somehow go beyond being, because then you wouldn't be. Very tautological, and rightly soxD

So therefore, when you learn how to "be happy with only being" as you say, there's nothing that could ever disturb your happiness. 

Whether you "have" or "don't have" or "do" or "don't" doesn't matter anymore then. Because you always are, no matter the circumstances

You must make a distinction between happiness and satisfaction.

Satisfaction: dependent of circumstances 

Happiness: independent of circumstances

That's what Leo means when he says

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can only be happy by being happy, and that's it. You see? 

Any "if - then"-situation isn't happiness but mere satisfaction.

"If I had this car/house/wife/attainment/enlightenment/insight/etc., then I'd be happy."

That way you will never ever reach true happiness (/enlightenment).

To be happy is simply to be happy, without prior satisfaction of condition. Either now or never. Happiness is unconditional

@ciclonado try to consistently meditate for a year or so, and you'll start to understand what happiness is about.

Edited by vinc3nc

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

To me it happened only when I started to really feel self love and it happened overnight last month and since then I am not the same person anymore it was hugh.

I moved from emotional crisis to discover self love in a second. Before that, nothing I heard about self-love helped.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

49 minutes ago, Florian said:

That's some serious Ben Shapiro logic ;)

Has no relation to what I said though.

I know this is crazy, but it's possible for you to sit down right now and just be happy.

If you dare ;)

In fact, that's the ONLY way for you to be happy.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I know this is crazy, but it's possible for you to sit down right now and just be happy.

If you dare ;)

I think states of mind can be cultivated to last really long, almost a lifetime. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@ciclonado watch these videos from " leo gura " to deal with your confusion : 

Also read / listen to " the happiness hypothesis "  book.

Warning : you may loose your shit for a long while  if you grasp these ideas

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you dare ;)

In fact, that's the ONLY way for you to be happy.

It´s not crazy. I tried it and it worked! Immediately. Without effort.

I don´t know, why I don´t do it the whole time. 

9 hours ago, ciclonado said:

Like, what does "being" mean when someone says "prefer being than doing or having" ? 

Most people are conditioned to always be doing something. Their mindspace is in the past and future. 

To get a sense of being, just sit and appreciate. Perhaps go in nature and just be with nature. 

Most people go on vacations to escape all the doing of their hectic, stressful life. Then they find themselves at some beach town doing a bunch of stuff. A whole schedule of stuff to do. Few are happy just sitting on the deck appreciating the ocean, just being. 

It's easier to just sit there and be happy after doing an hour of yoga poses, haha. So it's not so that you can't to do anything to be happy, there are ways to prime yourself for appreciating being.