Mike21

Drugs can't get you to Samadhi

138 posts in this topic

Just now, AtheisticNonduality said:

@James123 Lol, there is nothing enlightened about ranting on a forum which you think is illusory. And enlightenment is an experience even if it is not objective or sensory.

Yo, it is a illusion for me, it can be life and death for others. What an ego man, everyone thinks that these sentences comes from the “I”. Everything is me. Just trying to help. Because you still think that you are in life, and suffering like in hell. Get humiliated by leo thats what ego likes. 

Peace! 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

47 minutes ago, James123 said:

Thats why “I” keep trying to warn everyone. The path people take depending on psychedelics as “my experience “ will go for forever. After enlightenment, realization happened, the “i” who takes psychedelics, have experiences, in the world, vs.. was just a thought process or so called illusion. Not even. I am already what i am, separation has never occurred. 

Thats exacly what psychedelics can show you;). You get on the peak of the mountain to see how big the world is, even if just for a limited amount of time! No one is saying is permanent Enlightenment. Do we atleast agree on this?

This conversation is an absolute waste of time. 

Take the psychedelic and afterwards decide for yourself, instead of posting a bunch of videos from this or that 'guru' in order to prove to yourself the validity of what you think to be true. Some of you are trying to humiliate Leo by taunting him for explanations when he says something that isn't approved of by Papjimoojibabajitajihaji or whoever person you deify. 

It doesn't matter what Leo thinks, it seems like you are trying to single him out because he thinks different to people like Mooji etc, which is pretty low of you and unnecessary. See for yourself what the effect is, rather than making people like him conform to what someone has said because they have  a big audience around them and you position them as an authority. Be your own authority. No one's forcing you to believe that psychedelics can elevate your consciousness, so when someone tells you that, you don't have to attack them when they are giving their honest view on it. 

I am not ass kissing anyone, but it's just plain rude to start poking someone for explanation, and then get annoyed when they don't suck up to you.

Edited by ConsciousOwl10

3 minutes ago, ConsciousOwl10 said:

This conversation is an absolute waste of time. 

Take the psychedelic and afterwards decide for yourself, instead of posting a bunch of videos from this or that 'guru' in order to prove to yourself the validity of what you think to be true. Some of you are trying to humiliate Leo by taunting him for explanations when he says something that isn't approved of by Papjimoojibabajitajihaji or whoever person you deify. 

It doesn't matter what Leo thinks, it seems like you are trying to single him out because he thinks different to people like Mooji etc, which is pretty low of you and unnecessary. See for yourself what the effect is, rather than making people like him conform to what someone has said because they have  a big audience around them and you position them as an authority. Be your own authority. No one's forcing you to believe that psychedelics can elevate your consciousness, so when someone tells you that, you don't have to attack them when they are giving their honest view on it. 

I am not ass kissing anyone, but it's just plain rude to start poking someone for explanation, and then get annoyed when they don't suck up to you.

Amen to that??

4 hours ago, impulse9 said:

He is correct, you will never find enlightenment using any sort of substance. You may find glimpses of enlightenment, and you will definitely widen your perspective significantly, but the ego will always come back to haunt you, make your life miserable, and make you forget who you are. This is inevitable because the power that you borrow when you take psychedelics is temporary. This becomes immediately evident when no matter how deep your insights on psychedelics are, you will forget 100% of everything the second you come off, and only the residual feeling will linger on, but you will forget the actual insight because you can't humanize it, you can't English it, and you can't fit it into human logic, so the ego has no ground to stand on.

The best use for psychedelic is as a tool to break down egos that are so solidified and so cemented in place that any other method of trying to probe them will fail. This is what Don Juan did to Castaneda. At some point he stopped using psychedelics and literally said "from here on, those are useless". With enough power, you can enter those worlds and beyond, on your own with your own power.

I typically love your content Leo but when you say "these gurus are full of bullshit and high on their own dogmas" you fail to realize that the same holds for you. Ram Dass mentioned in a lot of his talks how he gave his guru ridiculous doses of LSD to see what happens, and nothing ever did. His guru supposedly just said "oh, these give you siddhis, right?", smiled and went on about his business. This baffled Ram Dass to no end but in the end he settled for the simple explanation "if you're in Cleveland, you don't need to take a bus to Cleveland".

The fundamental truth of psychedelics is they are powerful entities which you can -borrow- power from to have essentially power experiences, in other words magic experiences. If this power isn't yours, then the experience is a passing phase and you will never get the point. If you over-do it, all that is liable to happen is it will make you mad by tearing your sense of identity apart. But this isn't enlightenment, enlightenment is out of this world, quite literally. And the reason these gurus don't talk about truths you find with psychedelics is because gurus have to treat everyone as kids.

I've smoked a potent Salvia extract a number of times in my life, and by far the most insightful experience was when lady Salvia whispered into my ear that "this isn't the way". It is a good light show though.

Man, this is one of the most sensible thoughts on psychedelics I have read in a long time.  I have done a few DMT and other natural psychedelic ceremonies with Shamans, and with awaken individuals that have said the same thing.  “Natural” psychedelics, as in “Teacher Plants”, will only show you a tiny miniscule of what is beyond our limited psychic gestalt of thoughts and energy, while we are focused as individuals and as a collective in this shared 3d reality.

I don’t care how many times you take a trip with psychedelics, eventually you will return to your limited 3D awareness and state of consciousness.  The “Key”, is to learn how you got to those higher states of awareness while on psychedelics so that you can learn to embody the knowledge and symbols experienced from those higher states into tangible thoughts, ideas, intents, beliefs, and emotions from a grounded state in 3D reality. 

Teacher Plants are just, “one modality”, to help you learn how to gain accesses to higher states of expanded awareness and consciousness.  They are not intended to be used as a permanent vehicle to reach those states of awareness.  

Here is another way of describing our current reality and our limited daily awareness, and what psychedelics offers.  Think of our everyday consciousness as being slowed down to a snail’s pace, as in, a very slow moving state of consciousness that is narrowed, or focused down, to allow our “Higher Psychic Self” to create a physical Being that has 3D senses that can experience objects in a physical reality. 

Now think of some psychedelics taking you on a bullet train that goes 10,000 km an hour through the country side.  You are going so fast that it is difficult to focus with your outer physical senses on physical objects, but you are now able to consciously see reality beyond our current 3D reality using your “Higher Psychic Inner Senses”. 

When the psychedelics wear off, what is happening is you are slowing your consciousness and awareness down so that you can once again focus on 3d objects.

Think of consciousness and awareness in gradations of speed, or as gradations of infinite expansion or contraction.  Our current limited individual and collective consciousness and awareness have been constricted, or slowed down so that we can "intentionally" create and experience a physical 3D reality.

If you want more awareness and consciousness, you will need to expand your focus, or speed up your thoughts, ideas, intentions, beliefs and your emotional life force energy to match the higher frequencies of consciousness.  It’s like and old radio!  You need to dial up to the higher FM stations to get more expanded awareness and consciousness.  Keep in mind, this will not happen overnight.  You will need to learn how to match your thoughts, ideas, intentions, beliefs and your emotional life force energy to match the higher frequencies of consciousness

Every limited psychic gestalt (your current awareness) will be different in their approach in exploring infinite awareness and consciousness, and every limited psychic gestalt will experience reality and awareness from there own vantage point.  That's the beauty of Consciousness.

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas and beliefs!

@DLH I like this explanation. Don Juan in Castaneda books repeatedly refers to the whole point of the practice being "speeding up" your awareness so that you can See with a capital S.

In my view, psychedelics are a VERY good starting point for most people, because they will show you, rather than tell you, how wrong everything you essentially believe in, is. However I firmly believe that past a certain point they shouldn't be used because you are essentially using a tool rather than mastering yourself. The overpowering feeling I get when pondering all this is that enlightenment comes when it wants to, and not when you want it.

Psychedelics changed my life for the better.... Allowed me to see clearly through my egoic constructs, gave me interesting insights, etc. I discovered infinite and unconditional love in it. Something to keep working toward in my sober state. Without these direct states I wouldn't have a frame of reference.

Many noobs on the path argue about contradictions, instead of sitting down and contemplating the possibiltles of paradox and limitations in your own understand. Reality isn't black and white. Be patient and persist. realize reality is more complicated. If you are fighting and arguing with someone you lost the point. Except, when it is useful. :P

Use all the tools at your disposal. There are many paths to source.

@James123 How are you still here? Hopefully to gain some maturity. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, impulse9 said:

Ram Dass mentioned in a lot of his talks how he gave his guru ridiculous doses of LSD to see what happens, and nothing ever did. His guru supposedly just said "oh, these give you siddhis, right?", smiled and went on about his business. This baffled Ram Dass to no end but in the end he settled for the simple explanation "if you're in Cleveland, you don't need to take a bus to Cleveland".

No, Ram Dass asked the Guru if he thinks its useful and he said "it can be useful in certain situations"

9 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

No, Ram Dass asked the Guru if he thinks its useful and he said "it can be useful in certain situations"

Not to mention this story is very questionable... Why wouldnt a spiritual master be able to get stoned, he still has the same brain as the rest of us, only difference is he is self-realized, but this seems like a fluffy "gurus are super-human" story to me. 

https://www.ramdass.org/ram-dass-gives-maharaji-the-yogi-medicine/

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@acidgoofy He repeatedly mentions in his talks that at some point he was giving his guru doses that would flatten out a normal human and incapacitate him for 2 days, and he wasn't affected. If you believe this story it's up to you though.

@Rilles  Well, if you don't believe in these so-called guru superpowers, I don't blame you. It sound goofy to an extent. However based on my own experiences I believe that very strange things can and do happen and I don't find a guru with a superpower or two to be outside of things that are possible in this world.

1 minute ago, impulse9 said:

However based on my own experiences I believe that very strange things can and do happen and I don't find a guru with a superpower or two to be outside of things that are possible in this world.

Im not denying Siddhis, I meant the idea that gurus are superhuman hippies constantly on a natural trip. Sounds like a caricature, I thought Enlightenment is what IS RIGHT NOW, ya know.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

He repeatedly mentions in his talks that at some point he was giving his guru doses that would flatten out a normal human and incapacitate him for 2 days, and he wasn't affected. If you believe this story it's up to you though.

Yeah thats what I am talking about

and then

Ram Dass asked the Guru if he thinks its useful and he said "it can be useful in certain situations"

The funniest trips I ever had were where the world morphed into an over-caricatured cartoon, so maybe there's something to it. ;-)

40 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@James123 How are you still here? Hopefully to gain some maturity. 

Are you hurt? Everything will be fine don’t worry. 

You are losing your time feeding this conversation...

If you want to know if psychedelics can help for Samadhi just try it a lot of times and you'll see by yourself.

8 minutes ago, Gabith said:

You are losing your time feeding this conversation...

If you want to know if psychedelics can help for Samadhi just try it a lot of times and you'll see by yourself.

10, 8 and dozens times 6 gr dried shrooms. I dont think not many people can handle those high amount of shrooms. Non of is enlightenment. Enlightenment is out of the charts and experience. 

Edited by James123

people really do over value the opinions of yogis 

What psychedelics can show you is that your life and everything in it is a pure fantasy and you are all alone imagining this shit up, you can NEVER escape yourself, awareness is aware of awareness, you just keep forgetting and then you wake up again, there is no universe or anything else, it is just an story,  and WHAT you are , who has been sitting here for an eternity IMAGINING SHIT. Is pure nothing 

Awareness is YOU AND THERE IS ONLY YOU.

There you have it, awakening, you are not even a blip, awareness is non existent but yet here you are, and you will always be.

You are rendering the entire fucking screen, there is nothing but the screen and that is you.. this is all NOTHING and not even that, it is so much nothing that it goes on to be everything,  always and forever..

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

11 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

What psychedelics can show you is that your life and everything in it is a pure fantasy and you are all alone imagining this shit up, you can NEVER escape yourself, awareness is aware of awareness, you just keep forgetting and then you wake up again, there is no universe or anything else, it is just an story,  and WHAT you are , who has been sitting here for an eternity IMAGINING SHIT. Is pure nothing 

Awareness is YOU AND THERE IS ONLY YOU.

There you have it, awakening, you are not even a blip, awareness is non existent but yet here you are, and you will always be.

You are rendering the entire fucking screen, there is nothing but the screen and that is you.. this is all NOTHING and not even that, it is so much nothing that it goes on to be everything,  always and forever..

Case closed, sir. Thank you very much. I´m outta here.

Like a cat unraveling a yarn but it ends up with the cat getting unravaled instead

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius