Mike21

Drugs can't get you to Samadhi

138 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@James123 , didnt your enlightenment occur after your shrooms trip? I just remembered this. 

No brother. It leaded to the depression. Because, Belief of “I” tremendously increased (left the form at that time too). Thats why “I” keep trying to warn everyone. The path people take depending on psychedelics as “my experience “ will go for forever. After enlightenment, realization happened, the “i” who takes psychedelics, have experiences, in the world, vs.. was just a thought process or so called illusion. Not even. I am already what i am, separation has never occurred. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@James123 how come spiritual teachers continue to meditate after enlightenment? 

Because meditation is really enjoyable?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Depend on the person. After enlightenment, every step, moment, breathe, thoughts and doing is meditation. Because they are no longer, step, breathe, moment, thoughts nor doing. 

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?

Buddha

41 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

And what is the way exactly? 

Funny how people criticizes psychedelics yet don't give any other alternatives for Enlightenment.

So samadhi doing pramamaya is real and samadhi after sniffing some powder in the nose is not? . Ay lmao.

I had mystical experiences in yoga and they have been as useful and useless as those induced via psychedelics.

It's because I can't be doing fucking yoga 8 hours a day. As any other practice it's inevitably temporary.

But without doing practices and " drugs " it's even worse 

So what is the solution? Because not everybody just are born with a naturally ability to surrender/have no ego.

I don't know what the way is, lady Salvia wasn't specific LOL. And I'm not criticizing psychedelics, I'm criticizing the idea that they can be used as a vehicle for enlightenment. It is literally just another form of attachment, therefore it will lead to suffering.

Edited by impulse9

8 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@mandyjw aha! 

So why not have the same approach for a stamp of acid?

Why is it all of a sudden a trap? 

It's not. No one imposes stigma on you for anything. You yourself choose to feel stigma and feel triggered by the opinions of others or to be free from it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, James123 said:
20 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Depend on the person. After enlightenment, every step, moment, breathe, thoughts and doing is meditation. Because they are no longer, step, breathe, moment, thoughts nor doing. 

Some do some don't

No, there is still effort required to properly meditate, even after enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

You have to realize psychedelics are illegal in 99% of places and stigmatized. Most teachers wont go out of there way to try these new approaches. Why risk breaking the law or offending old gurus when you can just do traditional meditation. In 50 years we will have way more psychedelic gurus. Martin Ball or Leo will be as common as Spira or Sadhguru.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@James123 I give up.

giphy (1).gif

?

4 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

No, there is still effort required to properl

No. It is wrong method. Because spending effort is doing something, try to do is hard. But not doing is easy. 

@James123 you need to chillax a Lil bit... 'Nothing' serious going on here.

Is your main argument that techniques exist.. meditation prime among them.. to reduce human suffering by helping us to understand that the self — as conventionally understood — is an illusion. Our feeling of "I" is a product of thought.. and thoughts merely come and go in our consciousness.. there's no self behind our eyes or in our head.. and when we grasp this.. it's easier to unmoor ourselves from the sources of suffering in our lives? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Psychedelics didn't work for me because of my  traumatic past. People who trumpet psychedelics as a magic pill think too much in black-white.  

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@James123 you need to chillax a Lil bit... 'Nothing' serious going on here.

This is me. No one to be chillax? learn instead of judging. Your entire questions are answered here. Everyone is looking for enlightenment, and when try to help people, it becomes a problem. What an ego man. 

2 hours ago, James123 said:

Meditation,selfenquiry is an ego. Because you still think that there is a body and you are inside of it. Therefore try to increase your consciousness with taking something. ?‍♂️Meanwhile, enlightenment is of realization that you have never born, now is before birth. And only so called thought process makes so called “birth” . Because you learn your “birth, and “yourself “. Real question is if you never learn yourself and birth, can you born? (

Because of thought process never stops. “Mind” must be dropped for awakening. Naming and labeling must be end. There is no such a thing as “my experience”. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, James123 said:

??? he criticize the science most and his magic pill coms from science. Are you ok? This is hypocrisy.

search "functional illiterate" on google. You simply don't understand or refuse to comprehend.

1 hour ago, James123 said:

Enlightenment never comes with psychedelics. Nirvana can not be experienced, can just “be”. You can never “be” while on psychedelics. Because of the thought process goes on non stop therefore mind can not be dropped.

again you  write without understanding what i wrote. There are trillions of reports of poeple having a "no self" experience on psychedelics. in my book this can be called mystical experience. Does this mean mean you get Enlightenment and full freedom from suffering from a few trips? of course not!

To close, i'm not defending anyone here, i simply observe, an i can say that on this topic your closemindedness is factual. You also don't comprehend what Leo says.

15 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You have to realize psychedelics are illegal in 99% of places and stigmatized. Most teachers wont go out of there way to try these new approaches. Why risk breaking the law or offending old gurus when you can just do traditional meditation. In 50 years we will have way more psychedelic gurus. 

There's also the issue that when someone has a sudden breakthrough, no matter how the means, they often require the guidance of an experienced open-minded teacher to ride it through safely. And right now, at this point in time an honest guru isn't always easy to find, so people can get very lost in our current psychiatry and medical systems that misunderstand spiritual awakening and instead they are diagnosed with a mental illness. It's easy to make youtube videos with great advice and guidance in general, it's harder to work one on one with someone. It requires a kind of mastery, love and dedication beyond public speaking. So to be safe and responsible, if you are a guru who has tons of followers that does not have the time to work one on one with students, it's more responsible to generally discourage people from techniques that could cause them to have a startling breakthrough, or a traumatic episode that they can't properly contextualize. Naturally as society changes, this will change too. 

Edited by mandyjw

First of all.. anyone who hasn't taken drugs (likely because they've been brainwashed by government/society) is NOT qualified to answer this question. Neither is anybody who isn't "enlightened".. but I believe enlightenment is quite a simple occurrence.. and easily induced.

Would you ask a fish what it's like to walk?

Drugs is a very clever catch-all term created by authorities to attempt to sabotage the discussion about them. And look at all the people on this page.. and many across the internet and the world... who have fallen for it and are near incapable of discussing it because it carries so much stigma. You know what would sort that out? Yep. Drugs.

The first question should be: what kind of drugs? All drugs are not created equal. A better question is to be more specific: can psychedelics lead to enlightenment? In which case I'd say yes.. they can.

But what is enlightenment? A realisation that we are all one? A looking past the ego? High doses of psychedelics can very effectively cause ego-death in all its glory. How you interpret the experience is another matter. I get this feeling that enlightenment is a subjective place like "success".

I'd love to meet anybody who walks around permanently ego-less. As Alan Watts put it (paraphrased) -- you wouldn't know whose shoes to put on in the morning.

To me.. I would say enlightenment is analogous to realisation. That's it. You realise something once, you don't need to realise it again. If that realisation is of the illusion of your ego, then I'm enlightened, as are many others who have experienced ego-death and peered behind the veil.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

This is lala land. There is so such a thing as insight or daily life. Do you think you are in universe now? 

When you dont think everything is identical. You still like to learn and experience. Got it. But enlightenment is end of everything. ?

follow your path. Have fun. 

do you eat non veg?

??? he criticize the science most and his magic pill coms from science. Are you ok? This is hypocrisy.

I watch a lot of movies but i hate some stupid directors and there movies. is it hypocrisy

Enlightenment never comes with psychedelics. Nirvana can not be experienced, can just “be”. You can never “be” while on psychedelics. Because of the thought process goes on non stop therefore mind can not be dropped.

saying something absolute like enlightenment never comes with psych is limiting consciousness how to be. 

It was like that for you, but for someone else enlightenment came with psychedelic. are you open to that? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Someone here  Alan Watts also said that the reason you want to be improved is that you aren't. How is the self that is not improved going to do the improvement?