Ghost

Leo, how to deal with stupidity?

21 posts in this topic

or actually the question goes to everyone, please share your experience.

So first of all, I'm not denying that I'm stupid myself but there are levels to this shit.

I'm not talking about being good at  Math for example. I talk about common sense.

From the absolute sense we are all equal and I should be like: "oh yeah that's life, there are less and more conscious humans"

However, since I have some Goodness in me, I'd like to make the world a better place, do God's work. I can't be just observing everything, I have to take part in "life" and do practical stuff.

So in life we get to experience the stupidity of other human beings or collective's. They are super wrong about lot of stuff in life. I just mean any practical example in your everyday life with all the falsehood, ignorance, lack of self-awareness. All the news from the world, youtube and other social media comments etc.

It just hurts me on the inside, I lose hope in humanity, it frustrates me, makes me feel helpless and responsible (me being the adult, them being the child. But they barely improve anymore in life like a real child does), I feel alone, I wish I was just as stupid, it weighs down on my heart, makes me depressed, but I also feel empathy towards them because of their genetics and upbringing. I can't change them.

And yeah of course I'm evil myself in a lot of ways and I have still a lot to learn about myself and life. And I'm certainly not as conscious as my mind thinks as I have this "problem".

I'm quite optimistic that we are going up on the spiral as human species on a macro level but on micro level in everyday life I don't get to see that improvement in people, I just have to deal with the cards I'm dealt with. 

I still have to interact with them for the rest of my life so I would like to deal with this. I see that even wise people like Leo have a hard time with this.

I'm sure you also get this emotion, so how do you deal with it?

Looking forward to your answers! :)

Edited by Ghost

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”

“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people.”

- Carl Jung

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

It just hurts me on the inside, I lose hope in humanity, it frustrates me, makes me feel helpless and responsible (me being the adult, them being the child. But they barely improve anymore in life like a real child does), I feel alone, I wish I was just as stupid, it weighs down on my heart, makes me depressed, but I also feel empathy towards them because of their genetics and upbringing. I can't change them.

Good.

Feel that pain and let it keep cracking open your heart.

And let the medicine of despair take you into surrender.

You cannot change them. You cannot change the world. You don’t know how. 

The problems are too big. And your knowledge is too small. 

So embrace those feelings. And then see what’s on the other side.

Love and patience. Also avoidance if your survival depends on it.

Lead by example. Try to make the world a better place one day at a time. 

That's how you change the world, it begins with you. 

However, always remember that you can only do what you can do. Don't assume that the world will change and become how you want it to be. That's fallacy. 

You can't change how people think but you can lead by example and they can follow your example. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Yeah, it's really painful.

Some things you can try:

Sigh super loud.

Take a deep breath and then close your eyes and "listen to the silence".

Rub your forehead and the area around the eyes like crazy for a while.

Pull your hair like crazy and rub the scalp like crazy for a while.

If you are self-controlled maybe this one works. I'm usually not self-controlled enough to pull this one off: image.jpeg

Edited by Blackhawk

@Ghost Integration.

There is a huge distance I sense between your perception of the world and your individual perception of yourself, so, you become enmeshed. Enmeshment radically manifests all projections you have onto the world and both yourself to the degree of said intersection between enmeshment and lack of integration.

Our collective IQ is quite low, yes, but we as a human species have been around for over 200,000 years and if you’ve had any past lives you’ve already at least partly been through this before, so, the simple aphorisms of “get used to it already” and “deal with it” are useful forecasts for the healing you need to go through regarding your own perceptions of the world and most importantly yourself and perception itself. “Pigs are dumb!” proclaims the man frustrated by his continual attempts to turn pigs into his watch dogs for his castle, “well duh!”, is my response.

Time to mature your consciousness, something we all need to continually do through our energetic ups, downs and integrative spirals.

Take this seriously and you’ll be fine I know it. Add in the obvious health checks as well, meditation plus, etc, all those obvious hacks, but what I’ve stated is the core wound of the world, the fact that the majority of the human species consciousness struggles to handle it, their consciousness among consciousnesses and the world they’ve imagined exists in that dispersion and interconnection.

You have a huge amount of growth to go through, I know this because I’ve been where you are. Embrace that path of growth now and get where I am sooner than I did.

Edited by Origins

The survival of our kind depend upon the stupidity of our time.

Does not mean we will survive, but it means that it aint us who are surviving if without the stupidity we survive.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Try to be aware of the cognitive bias.

Extremely ignorant people are more likely to get our attention, even if they represent a minority. We are fascinated by the social media science experiment of how low people will sink in letting their gullible brains be hacked by disinformation.

By being aware of this, the problem can be seen as less serious than it appears; indeed, it also leads us to be conscious of where our own attention is going. All of us have a grossly distorted vision of reality. "You don't see things as they are, you see them as you are."

Also, watch as the ego is energised by its superiority over the flat-Earthers. Their egos are in turn energised by the non-mainstream exclusivity of their cults. It's a miserable cycle.

Edited by No Self

There are different kinds of stupiditiy. What I absolutely cannot stand is the confident, agressive and boisterous stupidity. I still cannot deal with it, it turns me crazy. The best example is Trump. When he was elected I thought: Thanks god, I am not a Merkel! Poor woman! I wouldn´t be able to exchange with this moron a couple of words without pulling a face and it would be undiplomatic and would probably harm my country. And then I saw Merkel communicting with TRump and thought: Well it wouldn´t be a big deal if I were a Merkel, it´s allright to show morons that they are morons.

I think a lot of you misunderstood my question, you told me what I already know and do.

I was looking for a non-spiritual, practical answer if there is any besides "you cannot really do anything about it, accept it".

Edited by Ghost
typo

Why not challenge stupidity? You can't knock the stupidity out of people, but you sure can make them become aware of it. Once a stupid person becomes receptive, then you can open them up to a world of non-stupidity. Of course, it works both ways, don't be a hypochrite. We are all deeply stupid in lots of different ways. Accept the challenge in return.

All stories and explanations are false.

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Why not challenge stupidity? You can't knock the stupidity out of people, but you sure can make them become aware of it. Once a stupid person becomes receptive, then you can open them up to a world of non-stupidity. Of course, it works both ways, don't be a hypochrite. We are all deeply stupid in lots of different ways. Accept the challenge in return.

Thanks, this is the kind of advice I was looking for.

Also the way Leo deals here with "stupidity" is the question.

(Context: guy asked why was his thread locked) 

Screenshot_20210123_125314.jpg

He called him out and controlled the situation with "force" by locking the thread.

Edited by Ghost
typo

22 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think a lot of you misunderstood my question, you told me what I already know and do.

I was looking for a non-spiritual, practical answer if there is any besides "you cannot really do anything about it, accept it".

Most of people are not stupid and are not bad. They are just INSECURE. They don´t dare to think and act on their own. They imitate the patterns of thoughts and behavior from the others. Who seem to be more confident and secure.  

I agree with pretty India. Lead by example. Break the patterns. Show that it´s not dangerous not to imitate but think and act self-reliant. It´s even better for survival. 

Edited by Hulia

Leo can do what the hell he wants. It's his forum. The problem with being stupid, is that you don't realise you're stupid. Only someone less stupid than you can point it out.

Whenever people moan about locked threads and banning and so on, the only expression that comes to my mind is: don't bite the hand that feeds you - that's basic stupidity right there.

10 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Whenever people moan about locked threads and banning and so on, the only expression that comes to my mind is: don't bite the hand that feeds you - that's basic stupidity right there.

To be fair, not everyone who disagrees with me is automatically stupid. I can make mistakes too, you know?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ghost "Hell is other people." -- Jean Paul Satre

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To be fair, not everyone who disagrees with me is automatically stupid. I can make mistakes too, you know?

Absolutely, we all make stupid mistakes sometimes and we should be receptive to being challenged - in both directions. But in general shouting from the forum rooftops about the injustice of having a thread locked is fairly... stupid. Any of these responses is less stupid:

1. Forget about it and move on (don't bite the hand that feeds you).

2. Why not PM you or a mod and ask why the thread was locked?

3. Come up with a better topic.

4. Cool off for 24 hours, and think about what to do next.

5. Ask yourself: is it really that important?

Edited by LastThursday