Godishere

Spirituality, God, transcending anxiety and fear

8 posts in this topic

So, I am obviously on the spiritual path to enlightenment and Truth. I started this path probably like most of you; I wanted to know the Truth and I wanted to transcend suffering. Leo has said in the past, the entire idea of transcending suffering is selfish. Therefore, is this somewhat counterintuitive.. Am I missing something? I want to live a fearless life with no regrets.. but I'm afraid. Logically I know this life/ego will die but I'm so attached. I can recognise that I do things for my survival at a metaphysical level, but I'm still anxious/ fearful alot of the time. I can't seem to transcend this anxiety.

Has anyone overcome this at the root level. And I'm talking, completely awakened and become so conscious that it no longer bothers them?  

Have I not done enough spiritual work?

Am I completely missing the point?

It could be that you are trying to solve the problem on a mental level, through spiritual notions, but like you said you may need to look into the underlying emotional component. I would focus on learning how to tackle this anxiety and any pent up emotions head-on. The rest will likely follow!

Have you ever had an expirence of being happy about being sad? 
You want to get to a point where you let everything be as it is, without judgement, without thinking that "This is something I have to get rid of." Mediation is very useful for this. The desire to get rid of certain emotions is exactly what pepetuates them, love all your emotions, they are the spice of life. They are trying to communicate something to you, what are they saying? Are you listening to them? What images come up? 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

4 hours ago, Godishere said:

Have I not done enough spiritual work?

Am I completely missing the point?

Your awakening is not something that can be forced.

It happens exactly when it's supposed to happen. When you're ready.

Relax, you're doing great.

4 hours ago, Godishere said:

Leo has said in the past, the entire idea of transcending suffering is selfish

It means that if you wanna go more deep, you must replace this motive with the more core and selfless motives like the Truth/Love but it is totally Ok to seek using this motive to transcend suffering. As you go deeper you will let go of this and embrace the more selfless motives, just give it time.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

5 hours ago, Godishere said:

Leo has said in the past, the entire idea of transcending suffering is selfish. 

It can only be selfish if you are depriving something or someone else of something, the term does not apply to mental objects which are solely yours to begin with. The process to get there however can involve some selfish actions.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

We each interpret differently, no one is fundamentally right or wrong, all communication is just perspectives, appearance, appearing & disappearing. All perspectives are indicative of “where we’re at” on the path. Is there compassion, yes, readily abundantly available & feels great too, yes? 

The last thing imo one should do, is ignore and suppress suffering. When you fly on a plane, every time without exception you are told to put your oxygen mask on first and then help your kids. This is because the reaction to help your kids is unconditional love driven. Though, it is not wise in the world. It is not practical. It backfires without exception, and not on the kids, and not on the flight attendant. One’s “backfiring” is one’s business, not anyone else’s. 

Another perspective is that liberation is not selfish, just inevitable, but mistaking thoughts about yourself, to be your actual self, is selfish, as in self-ish thinking, thinking about a self, which there isn’t...the very recognition of which is the very liberation of it. Imagine if you’d been truck-ish thinking as far back as you could remember, and suddenly noticed, you’re not a truck at all. Never were. Not even truckish, now that this is contemplated. 

This self-ish thinking is how you are creating “fear”. Your idea of you is not you, but is made of You, and all your ideas will die. Death is an idea, You can not die. You are the very awareness, aware of, the idea. Ideas of you are exactly as experienced, nothing...appearing & disappearing. 

The self referential “fear” creating thoughts, is the activity of the mind, which is made of Mind, which awareness is appearing as. Think about it, and it remains ever beyond your grasp. Let thoughts about yourself go, those which do not resonate with that which is appearing as them, and you are oriented home, and it is simply a “matter” of “time”...which you inevitably realize, awareness could never be in, as it is appearing as & is already the awareness of the thoughts,....matterand “time”. 

“Logically I know this life/ego will die but I'm so attached.”

Attachment is not to life or ego. It’s to thoughts. 

Thoughts which don’t feel good to you, but it seems you continue to focus on them.

Choose better feeling thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE