EntheogenTruthSeeker

Is 5MeoRetreat better than New Apartment?

13 posts in this topic

So, I’m 22 male and my life is like a 6.5/10, I have a good job but only $3000 in bank and make $1300 a month living with parents no expenses but food and gas. 

I feel very disappointed with life though. I bust my ass at work with no compensation to live on my own. 40+ hours 12/hr as an assistant teacher. 

I’ve had many life changing and good restarts with psychedelics, I’ve healed my mental health conditions, good diet, comfortable being alone, etc. 

I am extremely ready and open to it. My family life is toxic and my mom is screaming almost every night I get home from work and demonizes me for weed/psychedelic/enlightenment. So, a new apartment is crucial, however I feel like before I really start my life, I am dying everyday, literally, to experience the highest truth. I try so hard with meditation and it gets me fucking nowhere after five years!!!!! Lolll fuck that shit. I contemplate 247 and meditate and really no results. I have poor brain functioning ever since a kid, verryyy slow ADD. 

also microdosing 5meo seems very good for my health and meditation. 

Does anyone know if at Arkana 5meo retreat you can just pay for the bufo 175 and not the entire 3K$ Aya retreat? 

Love & Cheers!

Let all these beings read this be inspired by The Spirit Molecule :x

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

Hmmmm that’s a good one to sit with for a while, going to retreats that expensive can be pretty tricky with only having that much income every week. 

go with what feels like is going to pay YOU back the most. Comsiousness and sovereignty over oneself will do that better than anything else can. New apartment could be essential for establishing a safe space for yourself to grow, and 5 MEO could change your whole perspective on life, and the nature of your self. They each have upsides to them. 

I wouldn't waste 3k on a 5meo retreat, from what I have seen most of the people that go to the bufo events as speakers are stage orange/green.

You would be better off buying 1.5 k worth of 5meo and spending 1.5k talking to a credible teacher in this field like Martin Ball or one of the admins on the forum. 

Edited by Rolo

I would say an apartment is your higher priority. The inner work you could do living alone or with a roommate who's also into this work outweighs a single 5-MeO retreat imo. In the context of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, your immediate environment comes before self transcendence/realization, which is what 5 MeO is all about.

Think about how much work you'd be able to do on a daily basis, for months on end, living alone, creating and environment that's a reflection of your highest ideals and that's conducive towards consciousness work. By the time you do take 5 MeO, your foundation will be that much stronger. If you have the intention to explore this psychedelic, trust that the intention will guide your actions and the external circumstances of your life to facilitate that experience.

Investing in a proper foundation is what I would do, personally. 

You dont need a fucking retreat! Do it by yourself. Its very profound... Only costs about 50 dollars.

I would say doing expensive retreats is unnecessary. I went to an ayahuasca retreat for $375 in Kentucky that is conducted by a quite developed spiritual practitioner. I’d say doing 8 of these ayahuasca retreats for the same cost would affect you more than 1 5meo retreat at the same cost. 

Ultimately though, the only benefit of doing the retreat for me vs. tripping at home alone is that I got a sense of fellowship that I’d never had in my life before that retreat. Doing a powerful spiritual experience with a relatively like-minded group of individuals can be amazing, but you really don’t need to do retreats super often. I’d personally avoid a retreat that expensive while your savings are that low. 

If I were you, I’d take my advice to go to this ayahuasca retreat for $375, buy your own cheap apartment that’s affordable enough to avoid getting a roommate if possible, and then spend a few hundred on obtaining psychs for your own personal use at home. If you want that to be 5meo that’s fine. It’s certainly a good choice, but don’t underestimate the power of other psychedelics like LSD or shrooms at high doses. I haven’t had the opportunity to find 5meo personally, and it’s one of my goals as well, but I think a retreat that expensive just isn’t giving you fair value relative to the high cost. You could go much further doing a series of personal 5meo trips. I don’t think the substance is where you get the value in a retreat though. Using a substance is necessary, but I don’t think the 5meo retreat experience is worth 8x the ayahuasca retreat experience when you can get experience with a psychedelic retreat for $375 and do lots of 5meo on your own. 

You can knock out all your desired birds with this $3,000 stone. Don’t throw it at one target. 

Here’s a link to the retreat I went to. The facilitator Demian will definitely give you some good spiritual info and support. https://www.peacefulmountainway.org/

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

My advice to you is to slow down with the enlightenment process and focus on becoming independent and building a solid financial foundation.

It's great you've experienced with psychedelics and that you are interested in spirituality, but there are also real requirements that need to be met if you want to function in society healthy and free way. Enlightenment doesn't pay your bills. You can -- and you should -- still keep doing your consciousness work, but try to see your life as a project and strategically make your personal development a part of your mundane life. Make it work as a snowball effect while you build your independence capital. I know it's easier said than done but metaviewing your situation I feel that would be a key to your life.

I'm talking from my own perspective. I made my way to a versatile good salary job with creative capital while doing consciousness work, and now I can grow with good balance, without worrying financial stuff. 

Enlightenment and psychedelics are not going anywhere. No need to rush the process.

I'm not sure if 5 meo is necessary. With LSD you peel your layers gradually. Vaped 5 Meo gave me less insights but it was more obvious and undeniable.

Personally I would get an apartment (a place to trip) and a good amount of 5 Meo. I got 3 grams for  about $200. It's relatively inexpensive.

Get a new apartment 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Get apartment, burn stage orange until you get to green. THEN go towards pursuing/embodying truth.

On 22/01/2021 at 6:12 PM, Javfly33 said:

Get apartment, burn stage orange until you get to green. THEN go towards pursuing/embodying truth.

This. I wish I followed this too.

I pick apartment. 

Why? 

Well everything is 5 meo already lol. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I'd get the apartment.

Maybe you could get your own 5 meo, instead of the retreat. If you are patient enough you can always go to the retreat later. That way you have the best of both worlds.

After all if you still haven't sorted your material life out, it should be higher priority.

Basic material stuff -> self-actualization -> serious spirituality

(Doesn't mean you can't do spirituality now, just shouldn't be the highest priority)