Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim R

Question: Infinity

13 posts in this topic

Ok. I just watched the video Leo shared in his blog today and my brain started to melt after around 6 minutes.

For those who haven't seen it yet, here you go:

Now here's my question: how on earth could it be possible to become conscious of absolute infinity?! It can't be contained?.. 

At this point I'm not even sure if I want to become conscious of what is meant by the last Omega Ω Infinity. 

Infinity = Zero ?

Because it has no fixed value since it always escapes, right? But is the experience of Infinity actually the experience of Zero? (sorry if this is getting too theoretical)

I don't get it. I don't know whether I want to experience it. It must be the most.... everything. Most everything. 

If it doesn't bring me closer to liberation - then what's the point? 

Do you recognize infinity in your daily life?

26 minutes ago, Tim R said:

But is the experience of Infinity actually the experience of Zero?

The sum total of all experiences is 0.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The sum total of all experiences is 0.

More like 1 ?

I've said it before, but:

Infinity = 0 + 1

Or semantically, Reality underlies and encompasses both the ultimate and relative, and includes all nothings and all everythings.

If you want to get it directly, Consciously read the Bhagavad Gita.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If you realize infinity, that is, what has no limits, you will see that it is all   because there can't be nothing outside of it, but you will see that it is nothing, because any "something", diluted in it, don't turns into something small, if not a zero, nothing.

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Do you recognize infinity in your daily life?

This. Is. It.

Life itself.

Not a number or a value or a symbol.

Absolute Infinity isn't a symbol or a concept. It is YOU! Your body and mind, sitting there reading this sentence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you realize infinity, that is, what has no limits, you will see that it is all   because there can't be nothing outside of it, but you will see that it is nothing, because any "something", diluted in it, don't turns into something small, if not a zero, nothing.

Yes of course I understand that reality is groundless and without limits, but it doesn't make my brain melt. 

Which is why I think I don't see it yet. 

Hm. I guess that's the reason I don't recognize it - I have a limited and distinct notion of Infinity in my head which prevents me from actually seeing it. 

Edited by Tim R

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Which is why I think I don't see it yet. 

I don't see it now either, I've seen it very clearly with psychedelics and I remember it, but my mind is limiting now. infinity is simply no mind, no limits (I think). an infinite hole left when the mind stops

Leo said in an other thread "you can have an infinite number of awakenings"

To me this makes his notion of "awakening" meaningless. Like an infinite amount of dollar bills is also completely worthless. 

53 minutes ago, Tim R said:

To me this makes his notion of "awakening" meaningless.

There cannot be an awakening without an asleepening.

God falls asleep and awakens an infinite number of times.

How many times have you been inside a dream and woken up in your life? Does this make the notion of waking up meaningless? You do it every day.

By your logic jerking off is meaningless if you can do it more than once.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

I see now you posted something about infinity in your blog today and this thread is kinda similar to a thread I made today cause I had a moment where something similar to this just randomly came to my mind.

It often happened to me already that I had a random deep thought or realization about something and then I see a new video from you released about basically that thing or a post on your blog etc.

I also sometimes made threats these times because I thought it would be a waste if I just forget about that so I used this forum as kind of a journal and then I saw that you actually made a piece of content about that thing and I thought: wow now it looks like I stole his insight and I'm trying to look smart by claiming it.

What is the reason for this? Is it random or is there maybe like a connection between human minds or a bigger mind that puts insights etc into human minds at the same time so thats why maybe some people have the same insights at the same time? 

Or is it that after you put something out there and many people become aware of it that it then gets somehow transfered into minds, because you must have these insights a long time before releasing the videos.

Edited by Florian

The thing that gets me is that it starts at 1 to represent you, because there is only 1 you. Then it ends at absolute infinity after exhausting all the other categories of infinities. Then Leo says each one of us is absolute infinity. Does it loop back around? Is that the strange loop?

6 hours ago, Tim R said:

how on earth could it be possible to become conscious of absolute infinity?

Earth is a thought, not perception. Become conscious is a thought, not direct experience. What was it like, when you “became conscious”? ?

Up means not down. Down means not up. Left means not right, right means not left. Me means not you, you means not me. 

Thought won’t do. I would let all thinking in this regard go, and put some experiences on the calendar, intended to reveal the nature of ‘experiences’. 

No thinky, no feary. Schedule experience, experience experience. Thought matters not, only get’s in the way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE