Vlad_

What is the point of life?

41 posts in this topic

Not two. Since everything is your creation, literally. You don't have a choice but to enjoy yourself. So, relax and enjoy the ride

?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Insight: A "point" is a stage Orange concept of pragmatism.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Life, reality, existence are all meaningless, but it doesn't mean anything! Meaningless is also meaningless.

Meaning is a function of mind and survival, not of Being. Being just is. It is prior to meaning, because meaning is a pure fabrication of the mind, giving service only the purpose of self survival. Meaning has no intrinsic meaning of itself, it is just a field of thought charged with some value imposed on perception data.

If all the "content" in existence was destroyed or vanished in some way, or there was no way of knowing existence or processing what is (via perceptions or mind), than all you are left with is pure isness. Isness is devoid of meaning because it is Nothing. And this also has no meaning, unless realizing this changes the meaning you are assigning to any aspect of experience (life itself, interactions, relationships, hobbies, work, objects etc.).

Language really messes us up. Consider a world without language of any kind. In this world "meaning of life" is a useless mouth noise, or a bunch of irrelevant symbols. The reason you ask is because you don't know. Knowing is when you don't need the question.

To me.. life is pointless to the extent that there's nothing predetermined in your existence. But this means freedom too. When your older.. you can shape your own path.

Do things you enjoy.. maybe make a carrier out of that or just find something new you're passionate about and want to pursue in future. This helps you from getting stuck in a job you despise.as one example of a dead end life. 

Point is.. you shape your own future.. you are the point of your own life.

The best thing to do is surround yourself with others that hold the same views as you and life will become more enjoyable. Don't get depressed over anything. it's not worth it. You just have to realize why things happen the way they do and accept it and you'll have a better sense of what goes on around you than most people.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Nahm ???

Life is like a song: it doesn't matter how you sing it, the main thing is to enjoy it. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, Bodhitree said:

It seems the mushroom gods have decided to poke you with the negativity stick :D During previous trips and the experiences of oneness you had, you probably came away feeling very good. But my understanding is that if you use it purely for entertainment you are missing the point. Make sure to take the time to integrate the experience.

Yes, they do it to me sometimes ^_^ I enjoy "bad trips" even more than "good trips", because I grow faster after them. 

On 1/22/2021 at 11:37 PM, allislove said:

relax and enjoy the ride

These words make me feel so good, and I don't even know why :)

17 hours ago, Someone here said:

The best thing to do is surround yourself with others that hold the same views

Yeah! It's difficult to find people who really understand this. I have a lot of friends, but they are sooo asleep. Once I even tried to explain all this to my mom...and of course she didn't understand me:) Now she and couple friends of mine think that I have lost my mind.  

@Vlad_ sure they must.  99% of people are so underdeveloped and asleep to ever comprehend such subject. Your question is actually incredibly important.. I'm disappointed that it got few replies 

There are two common meanings to "life is pointless," and when someone says it.. he often means a bit of both. One meaning is "There's no goal to life." This could be a rejection of the religious/spiritual idea that we were built for some purpose or a more personal statement meaning something like "I'm bored with everything" or "I feel listless."

Or it's a way of making "mundane" depression seem profound. Sometimes. a guy who is lonely because he doesn't have a girlfriend or unhappy because he's in a dead-end job will say "Life is pointless." The truth is he feels bored.. alone.. and/or scared.. but he's expressing himself in operatic terms.. maybe because he doesn't want to sound ordinary or he's uncomfortable dealing with his problems head-on. Even the phrasing "life seems pointless". 

There are several points of views to this question depending on the type of person you are.. but the real answer is our life.. existence.. is pointless. Some may feel this temporarily due to an unhappy element in there life.. or mental disorder.. but others simply figure out the truth more quickly because they can see through the small.. meaningless distractions and hopes others use as coping mechanisms or a way to simplify their view because they can't handle the reality of the truth. Some my argue Religion.. but religion is not ones point of view of life.. it is a point of view of death, i.e., follow the rules and you will go to heaven (death).. therefore irrelevant in the discussion of life.

Human existence is a bunch of dogs fighting for a piece of meat. That's it. Selfish beings willing to maul each other for fleeting gratification.

Nothing lasts.. therefore nothing is ever truly gained. Anything you may believe that adds meaning beyond that is an illusion brought on by our fragile minds in order to not go insane by the truth. I've had this figured out at 6 years old but chose to live in denial for many years.. because of hope. I was wrong. And life only became incredibly amazing after you realize how incredibly pointless it is. 

-Osho

There is nothing else you can do, you have realized your true nature, so that you will be forever, transforming in all substances but remaining the same essence for a timeless time beyond concept of time. So enjoy the ride, what else are u gonna do? The same as you play a videogame, you understand it's reality; that doesn't change the enjoymend and the fun. So become again a child! A child of God! A child of the Universe! Bring always with you the ecstasy, joy and pure aroma of the Divine!!!

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

chose to live in denial for many years

that's what my friend is doing right now. We had a trip together and he also realized the Truth, but he couldn't handle it. He is enjoying the illusion and doesn't want to deal with the Truth. "Ignorance is bliss". Sometimes I feel Love, but also I feel some kind of depression. My family, friends, people I love all of them trying so hard to live, to struggle, without realizing that all of this is just the illusion. Nothing is matters, only the present moment. 

@Vlad_ @Vlad_ I hear ya.. I'd say nothing matters except for the quality of the present moment. Cuz hey.. That's all there is.  Yo don't let it make you take it seriously. 

It can happen out of nowhere.. for no apparent reason.

All at once.. the familiar can become strange. It’s like waking up in the middle of a bizarre dream.

With no warning.. you can be surrounded by questions: “Why am I doing this?” “Where is this all heading?” “Is this going anywhere?” “What’s the point?” And so on.

This is no abstract philosophical fluff. It can lead to serious problems in your life. Philosophically mined people toy with such concepts but most people don't. Just be amongst the herd. It makes no difference either way. 

Good luck. 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

These words make me feel so good, and I don't even know why :)

?

The better pointers point to Truth, the better you feel yourself. You can always trust your feelings. They show you the way out that is in.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." ― Rumi

why, how, where, how much, when ... are the lines that structure the mind. when you enter the land of no mind, they have no meaning

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

why, how, where, how much, when ... are the lines that structure the mind. when you enter the land of no mind, they have no meaning

Well, it's very easy to say and extremely hard to do. I tried meditation, but it doesn't work on me (because I can't meditate more than 20-30 minutes). Only psychedelics help me to enter that state of no mind.