Vlad_

What is the point of life?

41 posts in this topic

Hello my friends! 

Couple days ago I did 5 grams of dried mushrooms. This was approximately my 20th trip on shrooms. I became conscious of that fact that I'm God, we are all one thing, I'm love and etc. This time the realization of meaningless of existence was  very deep and extremely shocking. So the questions is - why should we live if everything has no meaning at all?? I watched Leo's video about the point of life, but at the same time I know that there's no point. 

Hi @Vlad_, your question about the purpose of life is common when people first realize ultimate reality. I hope my answer here helps:

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Vlad_ For life to have a point, it must already be a point. But it isn't.

Life is a process. It's flowing and flowering. You can't capture any single moment of it and savor it, and think that this is it. You can try, but it won't work.

Tl:dr... We keep living until we die, that's the point.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

The point of life is life itself. Theres no way else to put it. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Vlad_ said:

So the questions is - why should we live if everything has no meaning at all??

In spite of that thought.

Live a life worth dying for. 

@Vlad_ "This time the realization of meaningless of existence was  very deep and extremely shocking. So the questions is - why should we live if everything has no meaning at all?? I watched Leo's video about the point of life, but at the same time I know that there's no point.

I get that reality has no inherent meaning or purpose, other than just being itself, though the fact that you're shocked by this is a pointer. Finding your own purpose is akin to finding your passion and fascination with life. You can't think your way out of this one, it's about intuition and getting in touch with yourself, your feelings. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

Hello my friends! 

Couple days ago I did 5 grams of dried mushrooms. This was approximately my 20th trip on shrooms. I became conscious of that fact that I'm God, we are all one thing, I'm love and etc. This time the realization of meaningless of existence was  very deep and extremely shocking. So the questions is - why should we live if everything has no meaning at all?? I watched Leo's video about the point of life, but at the same time I know that there's no point. 

It all does seem quite meaningless. From Aristotle to Einstein and modern day theoretical physicists, who are philosophers as much as scientists, the best minds of the past 3,000 years have tried to answer 'what is the meaning of life' yet still no answer. Inescapable conclusion - there is no answer.

Edited by Jake Johnson

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

The point of life is life itself. Theres no way else to put it. 

Yes.  It is Inifnity.  Any finite reason you give is but an aspect of the whole.    Therefore it has nowhere to go but to BE.  Aka Being.  Being is Love.  But that is total selflessness and total acceptance of everything.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

I watched Leo's video about the point of life, but at the same time I know that there's no point. 

That's what makes it so good... there's no point! You are free to do whatever you want! You can create the life of your dreams!

It's complete freedom! The ego doesn't like freedom, but is the best thing it can happen to "you"... there's no you but you got it, right?

;)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

Hello my friends! 

To realise life is already complete before even having begun it. Not realising this, is the incessant suffering and resistance we so often see in the world.

Akso consider, that such a question can only be answered by the mind since it it is the mind that created it. Any “point” is itself an abstraction, a thought divorced from reality itself. See this, a thought is quite literally not reality.

So peer into reality without the words, without the minds commentary then see if such an idea as ‘a point to life’ exists. You will see this was all along concocted by the ingenuity of human mind.

Edited by Jacobsrw

You don´t get it. That´s actually the GREAT thing about reality.

That is meaningless! Meaning...you can give it ANY meaning! Any you want.

Ultimately the meaning is to spread and share love. But yeah is not like it´s an objective mandatory meaning. It´s more like is the only coherent thing to do anyways

On 1/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, Vlad_ said:

This time the realization of meaningless of existence was  very deep and extremely shocking. So the questions is - why should we live if everything has no meaning at all?? I watched Leo's video about the point of life, but at the same time I know that there's no point. 

Congrats ‘Vlad’! ???

“Meaning of existence...deep...shocking...living”, these are still meaning. The meaning is being derived at light speed, by believing the thoughts, which simply reference X is not all else which is not X, and X magically seems to have meaning.  We also have “meaninglessness of non-existence...shallow...boring...and dead”. Also thoughts. Stop thinking about ‘why’, and see it for yourself in front of you on a dreamboard. Everything you could ever want, from every experience you ever had, will show itself to you. But not in your head, “literally” in front of you, in your dream. 

Simply get back to what you were ‘doing’ in the first place, and create. Beautify this place along the way. Influence it, make it better, you might be back, and you might have forgotten the love you really are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

To be on the path to oneness

To be a part of the search for the miraculous

To be a part of the universal mandala

To experience things

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

It seems the mushroom gods have decided to poke you with the negativity stick :D During previous trips and the experiences of oneness you had, you probably came away feeling very good. But my understanding is that if you use it purely for entertainment you are missing the point. Make sure to take the time to integrate the experience.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Vlad_ There is no point of life. Our finite brains are so used to think that there is a meaning to everything, so our minds always want to find a meaning. But there is none. Life is whatever you fool yourself into thinking it is. Just enjoy this form of consciousness as much as u can homie <3

Edited by Yamak9889

"The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek therefore, not to find out Who You Are, but seek to determine Who You Want to Be."

- Conversations with God

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

You can find one or other, what you really should focus on is to see that whatever place you are coming from is just place, that is no less valid the other,

if you can grasp it, then further questions will be just seeing how powerful and powerless you actually are.