Vibroverse

Is future in the future?

30 posts in this topic

Or is it in now but we cannot see it yet? Like another spatial coordinate, like another country. It is like in the now but we cannot see it because we are in the country, in that sense, called now, instead of the country called the future. 

Time, including past and future, is only relatively true. Ultimate reality is timeless. Try to comprehend the entanglement of these two realities, and you will fail. It is incomprehensible, and it is Mystery. Instead of conceptualizing it, be it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It's in your imagination

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Try to comprehend the entanglement of these two realities, and you will fail. It is incomprehensible, and it is Mystery. Instead of conceptualizing it, be it.

Conversely, notice how the future is deeply interdependent on the past, and present. That is to say, notice how there is an infinite casual link connecting "the future" to "the past" through a nexus of "now." Now is a direct reflection of the past, and sole creator of future. Want to see into the future? Look at the present. Want to understand your past? Look at the present. The more deeply we can abide in this present, the more this infinite chain of causeless causality reveals itself. We start to see how our actions in the present shape and mold our future; we start to experience how our pasts echo into this present moment. 

The present is in the future and the future is in the present

jk ahah but you get what I mean

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The future doesn't exist. It's just linguistic trickery. All there is, is an ever-changing present moment.

All stories and explanations are false.

Being able to imagine what we call the past and the future is what differentiates us from animals, and that is why we are so crazy, we were expelled from the garden of Eden and we are in the lands of the ego, trying to return to Eden. a strange game

12 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Or is it in now but we cannot see it yet? Like another spatial coordinate, like another country. It is like in the now but we cannot see it because we are in the country, in that sense, called now, instead of the country called the future. 

Its a thought.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It is evident that the past and the future do not exist outside the mind, they are mental projections, but even if they do not have a real existence, they have enormous force. they are what makes the human progress. at the cost of getting lost in madness, yes. but that does not matter to God, he wants to evolve, to be more complex, and God is not lazy, he doesn't mind suffering a billion holocausts. 

Eh.. Too much Buddhist "present moment" parroting here. 

The future exists. Sure. We even have a word for it future. We are even talking about it right now.   And.. Ofc.. The "future is in the future" duh? A=A..

It's just like everything else.. What you think it is.... Isn't actually what it is. 

our naive perception of its flow doesn’t correspond to physical reality. including Isaac Newton’s picture of a universally ticking clock. Even Albert Einstein’s relativistic space-time.. Which is supposed to be an elastic manifold that contorts so that local times differ depending on one’s relative speed or proximity to a mass is just a simplification.  In other words the universe is like a movie.. All past presents and future are contained in the same place (for lack of better words). But that's none of your business as you are completely bought into the linearity of life. 

Better question be what is the future? What is time? And good luck answering. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Too much Buddhist "present moment" parroting here. 

Some are parroting, others talk since inspiration, and others are totally trapped in the mind. The future only exist as a mental projection. So exist , but as a thought. It's obvious. there is an eternal present in motion. When there is movement, or event, the mind adapts and anticipates that event, and creates the time to measure the interval between two different events. This measure becomes a fundamental tool to dominate the environment, pursue the "good" and avoid the "bad". the problem is that the mind ceases to inhabit reality, which is the present, this same moment always, to inhabit temporality, it expands, diffuses and becomes off-center. somehow he goes crazy because he thinks something that is not real is real, like crazy people.

How have you ever directly experienced the future? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

32 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The future only exist as a mental projection. So exist , but as a thought. 

A thought?  Lol dude the future exists as Physical events. The dinner that you going to eat tonight (I assume it's day time now)  is a physical object from the future.  The space between the digits in your clock is to calculate the present as it's constantly dying out. Ultimately the future IS the present. I dig that.. But.. Also.. It is not. 

People like me  who believe in physics know that the distinction between past.. present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.  Notice that.. When a illusion is persistent it becomes reality. The only reason you call your night time dreams illusion is because they don't last... That's what all of reality is.. A persistent illusion.. Future is no exception. 

Why do you use a watch to calculate the illusion? ;)

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

So we can say past, present and future are imagination. And ultimately we are in the now imagining past, present and future. They are all potentially in the now, but different probabilities. 

The "past" and the "future" are both thoughts happening in the present moment.

There's only now.

I'm not friendly.

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The dinner that you going to eat tonight (I assume it's day time now)  is a physical object from the future. 

It is a mental projection, it is probable that tonight I will dine, based on the experience of other nights (past) , just as it is probable that the earth will turn again on itself. it is a thought, that does not mean that it does not exist, but "only" as a thought. It may be that he does not eat, and that the earth disintegrates. the only thing that is real is this precise moment. I use a watch because I have a mind that is constantly calculating probabilities and the watch is a very useful tool for that.

But that is not the question, the question is that we can capture the essence of reality, since we are that essence, but if we lose ourselves in those temporal projections, we stop capturing it, because the essence is right now, in non-thought , and time is a thought

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Lol dude the future exists as Physical events. The dinner that you going to eat tonight (I assume it's day time now)  is a physical object from the future. 

@Someone here No it doesn't and no it isn'txD

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Breakingthewall the falsehood of your truth is the truth of my falsehood. 

I can't say that you are wrong...but my truth is THE truth ??