Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SS10

Trumps Presidential Pardons

5 posts in this topic

Trump recently pardoned Steve Bannon, Kodak Black and lil Wayne amongst others. 

Why is presidential pardoning even a thing?

seems so corrupt to me...

I dont support trump, but he did me a solid for freeing weezy and kodak 

Btw, as crazy as this sounds Michael Cohen now thinks that Trump may have already pardoned himself, his children, and Rudy Guiliani preemptively by doing what's he has called a 'pocket pardon,' whereby he already has prepared pardons in hand in case he, Rudy, and/or any of his children get indicted.

On 21/01/2021 at 0:19 AM, SS10 said:

Why is presidential pardoning even a thing?

seems so corrupt to me...

"On the afternoon of Wednesday, June 18, 1788, George Mason rose from his chair on the floor of the Virginia Ratifying Convention deeply troubled by what he thought of the convention’s failure to understand—the president of the United States might not always be someone of sound character and high intelligence. There would rarely, if ever, he reminded the delegates, be a commander in chief with the courage and rectitude displayed by George Washington during the War of Independence. There might even be a president who would try to change our form of government. The president, argued Mason,

“ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself. It may happen, at some future day, that he will establish a monarchy, and destroy the republic. If he has the power of granting pardons before indictment, or conviction, may he not stop inquiry and prevent detection? The case of treason ought, at least, to be excepted. This is a weighty objection with me.”"

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/07/25/the-pardon-power-and-original-intent/