Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuckerwphotography

Green Meme: All perspectives are equally valid?

36 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The reality is that extremely few people understand post-modernism.

Most Green are not fully post-modern because that's a very academic stance.

Isn't it also true that most people in general aren't going ro relate in a deep way to the epistemological and ontological core of thier Cultural Code?

Just like how most people at SD-Orange have only a vague idea of what Modernism is, how the Scientific method works, and what The Enlightenment was all about. And how SD-Blue people will often be ignorant about basic foundational aspects of the culture they esteem so much.

As cultural codes become more and more complex, the only way these ideas can become widespread is if they are flattened and simplified in a way so that ordinary people can relate to them. This seems like an ironclad practical necessity for ideas to propagate throughout society, and for new paradigms to take hold.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura

I feel like most people are Green in name only.

@Yali These types of comments are unproductive unless you provide more context and explanation. For example, what would distinguish someone from true Green to in-name-only, from your perspective?

@tuckerwphotography

It's possible to self-identify as an SJW and still carry latent, racist tendencies. Racism is mostly unconscious.

How do you know you're not racist? You don't.

Edited by Yali

6 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Isn't it also true that most people in general aren't going ro relate in a deep way to the epistemological and ontological core of thier Cultural Code?

Most of this stuff is implicit and subtle, which is why it's difficult to work with. The majority of anyone's understanding of anything is implicit, not explicit.

In practice people navigate life through holistic gut instincts and vague intuitions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most of this stuff is implicit and subtle, which is why it's difficult to work with. The majority of anyone's understanding of anything is implicit, not explicit.

In practice people navigate life through holistic gut instincts and vague intuitions.

That makes alot of sense. In addition to this, it does seem like there's also an explicit process where complex ideas get flattened and simplified enough to become paradigmatic. In our day these are the public intellectuals (take your pick), and in ages past these would have probably been priests, shamans, etc. I suppose creative types would also fill this role as well.

14 hours ago, Yali said:

@tuckerwphotography

It's possible to self-identify as an SJW and still carry latent, racist tendencies. Racism is mostly unconscious.

How do you know you're not racist? You don't.

@Yali Are you suggesting that to be “true” Green one must never have any racist thoughts? If so, that feels like an arbitrary and unrealistic bar. I have all kinds of crazy thoughts float through my consciousness...it doesn’t mean that I act on them nor identify with them. I’m not sure what your point has to do with SD. 

3 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Yali that feels like an arbitrary and unrealistic bar

@tuckerwphotography

how?

Green isn't supposed to be racist.

Edited by Yali

@Yali

@tuckerwphotography

Pretty sure Jordan Peele already made a movie about just this subject. It would be silly to assume that racism doesn't exist at all in Green, the forms it takes will just be more subtle and implicit (rather than explicit) as one goes from Blue to Orange to Green, often attributable to ignorance or misunderstanding rather than malice. It will also become less and less prevalent (though not necessarily gone entirely) as one ascends up the Spiral.

While Green will tend to not be explicitly racist, it can still be condescending in ways that can be considered racist (ie assuming you know someone's social or political beliefs because they belong to a certain group).

Get_Out_poster.png

Edited by DocWatts

21 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Yali Ok so I guess everybody is racist by that definition.

@tuckerwphotography

wait what?

Edited by Yali

@Yali Everybody has racist thoughts occasionally. I have all sorts of thoughts about all sorts of things, but I don't attach my identity to those thoughts. If I have thoughts about killing someone, does that make me a violent person? If I have thoughts about having sex with a stranger I pass by on the street, does that make me a sexual predator? 

29 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Yali I have all sorts of thoughts about all sorts of things, but I don't attach my identity to those thoughts.

@tuckerwphotography

what's the difference?

Edited by Yali

@Yali I recommend sitting down in silence for 60 minutes and witnessing your thoughts. Where do they come from? Do you control them? Do you create them? Are "you" your thoughts? If you have a thought, does that make you the thought? Are they a part of you, separate from you, or both? 

In the meantime, IMO, one can be centered in stage Green (or any stage, for that matter) and still have racist thoughts. I think this conversation has been beaten to a pulp - let's move on!