Shunyata

Serious Shadow work

36 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@peanutspathtotruth just wanted to say that obviously slaying demons is nothing but a metaphor LOL, for remaining fiercely as pure awareness and not identifying with I-thoughts with a gravitational pull to bring you back to your egoic sanskaras.

I would caution against fiercely defending against I-thoughts or egoic sanskaras. If you have something to defend against, it's like you're implying that something in God's plan is less than perfection. It could be seen as a very masculine, controlling or 'pushing away' approach. The universe will give you more to fight against as it thinks that's what you want.  I believe in a new paradigm of spiritual evolution which incorporates the feminine more, hence it's about not fighting and offering love for whatever arises, including your desire to fight of course. This battle only exists to show you what hasn't been embraced yet as divine. What power could a concept such as ego sanskaras have over God, which is pure love. Sometimes God loves to fight something fiercely. That's a also a beautiful thing to behold. I love how devoted you are to this practice of self growth. Your language really signifies that. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

13 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@peanutspathtotruth just wanted to say that obviously slaying demons is nothing but a metaphor LOL, for remaining fiercely as pure awareness and not identifying with I-thoughts with a gravitational pull to bring you back to your egoic sanskaras.

Of course, and it can be a helpful one for sure! It can become an obstacle though when it sprouts thoughts like you used in your first post:

"shadow elimination

"getting out of a state"

"reaching adulthood" 

That's what I was pointing at, the thought of trying to to get rid of something and reaching some new state. It's really good that you want to work on yourself, that is the fuel. Now maybe your strategy needs work. 

Let me give you an example: I had energetic knots in my head for a long time, kind of felt like a headache. Most of the times I wasn't sure which of these two things it really was, but it was painful. I always subconsciously wanted it to go away, and after years I found out that that is why it never went away and came back stronger. In a book I read recently, the author says to visualize knots in your body as flowers to blossom, to open up like a clenched fist. This is transformation. This is love. The other way would be rejection which is lack of love. Maybe you see what I mean. It sounds like a word game, but it is not. For me, it changed everything. You're on the right path, don't worry ??

3 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@peanutspathtotruth wow. can you please say the name of the book?

Higher Consciousness Healing. It was recommended by someone here in the forum. It's a very simple exercise but it's one of the most powerful I've done regarding shadow work. (She recommends 4 minutes a day, I did about an hour a day, so maybe that's why it's been so powerful)

@Shunyata I think the greatest danger with shadow work is splitting yourself up into good and bad parts, things to be nurtured and eliminated. There are things that need correction and transformation for sure, but that needs to be done in a loving way. It is almost always possible to rehabilitate things that are unhealthy or have started generating bad impulses in yourself, transformation is a better way than trying to eliminate things.

But you will want to stay alert with how your inner self is presenting things to you. Not everybody’s inner models will work in the same way as others.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

15 hours ago, Shunyata said:

Hi. I'm looking for recomendations about serious shadow elimination, slaying the demons to get out of the fragile ego state in order to reach psychological adulthood. i'm going on this journey because I'm motivated by fear of death. It's not something like 'I want to find my bliss'.

My question is, is it all about staying and refusing to identify with an I-thought only?? To be fiercely united with the infinite mind, as shadowy fantasies pass by?

https://integrallife.com/integrating-shadow/

This may be a good first time at broadening your understanding and perhaps working towards shadow integration.

Hi. I'm looking for recomendations about serious shadow elimination, slaying the demons to get out of the fragile ego state in order to reach psychological adulthood. i'm going on this journey because I'm motivated by fear of death. It's not something like 'I want to find my bliss'.

My question is, is it all about staying and refusing to identify with an I-thought only?? To be fiercely united with the infinite mind, as shadowy fantasies pass by?

Well, this may sound controversial, however the completion process or nirbaya dhyaan by nithyananda is by far the best shadow work related technique I have found. It is based on working with your manipuraka and swadishtana chakra by reliving unpleasant experiences emotionally to relieve yourself and pour deeper and deeper into your incompletions.

This is also called as samskara dahana kriya. You can just google and see how 2 do.

Edited by Applegarden

Can you hold space for the shadow despite of the uncomfort you feel? Despite your desire to eliminate it? 

That's what the shadow demands of you. To see it as pure divine perfection. To let it be just as it is. Without judging it, blaming it, demonizing it, trying to slay it etc.

It's not as simple as just trying to avoid some thoughts - no matter how often that idea is being sold on this journey. You cannot ignore the shadow. Cannot compete with it, either. You will always loose. It is God itself - dressed up as the Devil. It's incredibly clever.

What works for me is; I let it take over. I embody it - in that sense. I make an agreement with it. The only rule is; do not harm others. Other than that; be as dark as you wish. Stay as long as you want. And if that's coming from an honest place; the shadow will not stay that long at all. It will slowly dissolve into the light of my presence.

Curse, hate, fantasize, plot, hit stuff, yell, scream... Do whatever it takes. Let it all out.  Just do it on your own, by yourself. Others have nothing to do with this.

If you can express that dark energy through some sort of an art form - that's a big plus.

My two cents.

45 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

What works for me is; I let it take over. I embody it - in that sense. I make an agreement with it. The only rule is; do not harm others. Other than that; be as dark as you wish. Stay as long as you want. And if that's coming from an honest place; the shadow will not stay that long at all. It will slowly dissolve into the light of my presence.

If you can express that dark energy through some sort of an art form - that's a big plus.

Really good advice!! 

20 hours ago, Shunyata said:

Maybe death isint that bad. I mean it's not exactly like your going to be suffering when your dead, you might as well go out in style (lol) so your different to the last 100 billion people who've already went through it. It's probably not that bad. What I've realised is, if I can stay focused on the fact that everyone is on the same boat as me and ultimately, I will die...might as well have the balls to look it in its eye and face it like a mature person.

21 hours ago, Shunyata said:

i'm going on this journey because I'm motivated by fear

This is like going on a trip and telling the ego to take the wheel. Every thought, perspective, and interpretation that doesn’t feel good, doesn’t align with your true nature, which is your compass, must be let go. Not gripped tightly in the name of the quest.  Motivation by fear is the literal focus on fear. This is like seeking self understanding by only looking in misunderstanding. Focused on fear you can not see any truth. Focused on joy, love, understanding, letting go of what does not serve you or resonate, relaxation of the mind...the true nature is already present in you and with you in your endeavor to know it more deeply. 

“What you seek is seeking you”.  - Rumi

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE