How to be wise

Reverse racism

64 posts in this topic

On 19/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, Preety_India said:

Oh boy. 

No comparison to how racism actually feels. 

The whole concept of reverse racism either undermines real racism or just ridicules it. 

Is this comparison supposed to make racists feel better about racism or is it supposed to make victims of racism feel less validated? 

It reminds me of the situation where men talk about male rape and use that as a comparison to rape of women. 

Such videos and whatever they imply are the biggest examples of false equivalency. 

A white dude is not going to feel inferior in an African tribe. End of the story. Because guess what, universal culture has already assumed that he is superior and he is well aware of it. 

An African can feel inferior among a bunch of Trumpists. 

You're comparing apples with oranges here. 

There's not such thing as "universal culture" for isolated african tribes. They are unafected by and ignoring the rest of the world.

Discrimination for not being equal to the integrants of the tribe is racism here and in planet mars. 

How you dare to negate inverse racism while white christians are burned alive in south africa?

2 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

How you dare to negate inverse racism while white christians are burned alive in south africa?

First of all my response was to the content posted that is the video. 

There is no such content that shows white people being burned alive in South Africa. 

Try to argue always in terms of context. The context was not about mistreatment of white in South Africa. 

That kind of reverse racism is understandable and it is racism as well and should be criticised just the way regular or real racism is. 

The video is about a tourist being asked for money. That's not equivalent to the racism that blacks are subjected to. 

I have never said reverse racism doesn't exist. Nor have I said it can't be severe. Of course there must be parts of the world where reverse racism exists in severe forms like the example you mentioned in South Africa. 

My point was that the video posted is in no way logically equivalent to the extent of racism actually directed at black communities. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Rajneeshpuram

18 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

There's not such thing as "universal culture" for isolated african tribes. They are unafected by and ignoring the rest of the world.

Discrimination for not being equal to the integrants of the tribe is racism here and in planet mars. 

It's good that you're attempting to argue more outside the context of the video and less from inside the context. This is one key to being open-minded, yet it's also good to argue using a little bit of inside context as well. Keep giving more examples from outside context, and some from inside context, so that way it's a bit more balanced.

Speaking of South Africa, I came across this documentary recently. I didn't watch it, but it looks interesting.

Edited by Raphael

@Raphael

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

Speaking of South Africa, I came across this documentary recently. I didn't watch it, but it looks interesting.

This is actually a good documentary, discussing racism in a different country other than the USA. Currently watching to see what it's like.

On 23/01/2021 at 4:57 PM, Raphael said:

What's going on there would be the exact same as people still punishing Germans because of the war. Like it's not their fault what Hitler did. The whites & blacks in south Africa need to come together & celebrate equality & harmony,  not revenge, which is ridiculous because these kids weren't involved in the apartheid regime anyway. 

On 1/22/2021 at 0:16 AM, Akira said:

@Preety_IndiaWhy is that degrading? I see absolutely nothing wrong with brown mouths... you made that association not me. I find brown mouths just as beautiful and entitled to expression as all other coloured mouths... I was referring to colour only in relation to how people are treated unequally based upon it (either favourably or unfavourably)...

In this case you have brown privilege to whinge about how hard it is for you whilst I do not have that same privilege (which is only fair because of my privilege)

I think we should treat each other equally as much as possible and as far as is reasonable put race aside

Oh just stop it with your gaslighting of @Preety_India. You know that calling someone "brown mouth" is degrading. It's racist. Period.

Stop antagonizing. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald thank you. A lot of people do this and defend it, it's very hurtful. 

@Arcangelo  but it can be significantly reduced. 

Humans are also enslavers. 

But look how far we have come? 

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Humans are also enslavers. 

I know that very well because I am wage slave.

Orange wage slavery.

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

But look how far we have come? 

Not too far......at all

2 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I know that very well because I am wage slave.

Orange wage slavery.

Not too far......at all

We have ended human slavery. I'm talking about racial slavery. 

At least now if you're a wage slave, anyone can be a slave, irrespective of race at least we got that part sorted out. 

Maybe wage slavery will be sorted out too. 

Edited by Preety_India

18 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Humans are racist. 

Being racist is human nature.

Being racist is what happens when someone projects their own Shadow onto a whole group of people that they consider "other."

It is what happens people are unconscious... they project onto large groups of people as a result of that unconsciousness. 

But it isn't an inherent aspect of human nature. 

So, don't go excusing unconscious behavior because you think it's just the way that human beings are... because you're conveniently leaving out the fact that human beings are capable of being more conscious and forming deep bonds with people of any race or nationality.

Basically, don't excuse your own unconsciousness and pass it off as "nature."

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

21 hours ago, Emerald said:

Oh just stop it with your gaslighting of @Preety_India. You know that calling someone "brown mouth" is degrading. It's racist. Period.

Stop antagonizing. 

He is not antagonizing, he made perfect sense to me... 

Yes! Let's reverse racism! ....that's what you meant, right?

User @Akira has been given warning points for inflammatory quasi-racist comments.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  thank you for the policing. It's most effective when you do it. 

Appreciated a ton.. 

Thanks to @Emerald for supporting. Appreciate a lot. 

Edited by Preety_India

I left this discussion on a good note

Do what you will

All the best everyone

@Akira Sure "brown mouth" was a bit provocative, but the rest of it was not racist, and far more intelligent than the counterpart!