How to be wise

Reverse racism

64 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Preety_India Jesus Christ. You’ve gone through a lot.

In the UK, we are extra careful not to offend people of other races. Even a small joke will land us in a world of trouble. I think it’s the same for Canada. Perhaps you should consider moving.

@How to be wise which part of that sounds like "a lot"? Sounds like another case of overblown whinging taken seriously because it came out of a brown mouth

I've had worse than that for being ginger in the UK haha

26 minutes ago, Akira said:

@How to be wise which part of that sounds like "a lot"? Sounds like another case of overblown whinging taken seriously because it came out of a brown mouth

Are we going to have a competition here of who is getting it worse? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

41 minutes ago, Akira said:

Calling me a brown mouth? Look at the degrading way you speak. 

Maybe you get treated that way because you're racist yourself. 

Don't talk to me again if you can't talk respectfully. 

Don't ever quote me or mention me again. 

Edited by Preety_India

I'm done talking about this topic. 

It's attracting racist bashing people from the forum. 

I don't want to be mentioned or quoted on this thread. Thanks. 

@Preety_IndiaWhy is that degrading? I see absolutely nothing wrong with brown mouths... you made that association not me. I find brown mouths just as beautiful and entitled to expression as all other coloured mouths... I was referring to colour only in relation to how people are treated unequally based upon it (either favourably or unfavourably)...

In this case you have brown privilege to whinge about how hard it is for you whilst I do not have that same privilege (which is only fair because of my privilege)

I think we should treat each other equally as much as possible and as far as is reasonable put race aside

@Akira stop degrading me. 

I told you not to mention me. 

You're constantly mentioning  me when I'm not interested in arguing with you. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_IndiaI'm not "degrading" you...

I think the word you are looking for is "disagreeing"

I just think people need to hear things expressed frankly sometimes especially if people tend not to challenge them on a particular issue... but I could be wrong about that

@Akira  the usage of that word is degrading. 

Stop defending degrading language 

I know english enough to know the difference between degrading and disagreeing. 

Stop throwing your racist degrading garbage at me. 

Stop bullying and trolling me. 

Go waste your time elsewhere and stop targeting me. 

@Preety_India You interpret it as degrading not me!

I interpret it in the way I described...

If I said something akin to what you said people's response would unlikely be " Jesus Christ. You’ve gone through a lot." it would be a response more closely resembling indifference, since it isn't such a big deal... But because you aren't white I'm supposed to act as though it is (to show people how good I am)... seems pretty facile to me

@Akira look dude, if you are being disrespectful and if I told you that then just back off. 

I told you a dozen times right now to leave me alone. 

It shows your intent to keep triggering me. 

I never said all white people are racist. I've every right to express my racist experiences and how they impacted me. 

You're trying to downplay the impact of my racist experiences.. 

I don't need your rationalization or justifications for your racist behavior. 

"brown mouth" is a racial slur you called me, I don't care about your interpretations and rationalizations. 

I didn't ask you for an explanation or apology. So why bother giving it. 

That's shows more about you than me. 

I just leave my opinions. I don't go after people if their opinions are different the way you're doing here. 

I'm not replying you anymore because I'm not interested in creating flamewars and dumpster fires. 

Got better things to do than argue with people who are degrading me on the internet. 

Bye 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India Who said you said all white people are racist?

I'm saying you have "brown privilege" to tell me about how hard life is for you whilst downplaying any struggle I might have as a white man based wholly on what racial group each of us belongs to, rather than the substance of our lives. 

This seems to be a toxic trend that is leading to support for demagogues like Trump across the world. Please be aware of that. With all due respect.

ps I didn't call you a brown mouth... I said the words came out of a brown mouth.... with the intentions of highlighting how that effects peoples response to what you said and how that would be different if it had come out of a white mouth... that's all... nothing more, nothing less... I apologise for the curtness of it.

Edited by Akira

Just now, Akira said:

@Preety_India Who said you said all white people are racist?

I'm saying you have "brown privilege" to tell me about how hard life is for you whilst downplaying any struggle I might have as a white man based wholly on what racial group each of us belongs to, rather than the substance of our lives. 

This seems to be a toxic trend that is leading to support for demagogues like Trump across the world. Please be aware of that. With all due respect.

I've no privilege. 

If my life is hard, then it's hard, then why does it have anything to do with you. 

People have the right to express their problems and experiences. Who told you that you shouldn't?

Go ahead and tell yours. I'm not bashing your experiences in any way. 

Support for Trump is not because of me but because racist people love his dog whistling. 

So be aware of your misinterpretations and blame shifting. 

@Preety_India  I didn't call you a brown mouth... I said the words came out of a brown mouth.... with the intention of highlighting how that effects people's response to what was said and how that response might be different had it have come out of a white mouth... that's all... nothing more nothing less... I apologise for the curtness of it.

you have the privilege I mentioned... Just look at how people respond to black lives matter: people getting down on their bellies without first really understanding the issue...  look at the Jussie Smollett incident etc

You did indicate that white men are basically a joke for highlighting issues relating to them as a group. I'm sorry but here in the UK the vast majority of homeless are white men and because of identity politics imported from the US they are more and more overlooked because of their "privilege"

@Keyhole

Ah well... if there was abuse there I'm sorry for that. That's messed up

I have to admit that there is a trolling element to my venom this morning... that negative confrontational energy packs quite a kick when you are sleep deprived hahaha! It's no good though! haha!

Anyhow your composure has pacified and roused me all at once!

All the best folks! 

30 minutes ago, Akira said:

You did indicate that white men are basically a joke for highlighting issues relating to them as a group.

You twist whatever I say intentionally or unintentionally. 

What I said was this 

So if a white man complains about racism, it's kinda funny and ironic. 

Because he can never relate to the experience of being a non white 

I didn't say a white man's issues 

I specifically said that if a white man complains about racism, it won't be taken seriously because it is nothing in comparison to the racism black people face and on the level they face. 

You twisted my statement and made it sound like I'm downplaying white people's problems. 

I completely acknowledge poor white men's problems as I've been there. 

My ex boyfriend was a homeless white man. I supported him all through the way, also helped him get a job. So I get those things and I know those things 

What I said was in reference to a white man complaining about racist hate directed at him and why it won't be taken seriously in the larger context. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_IndiaNo you're right it was intentional. That's just my devious trickster subpersonality sneaking out for taste! Get back trickster! Get back!

Seriously don't listen to a word I say! I'm full of it! :P

Lets all love each other more and try to adopt each others point of view (if only for a brief moment) rather than use it as a dart board!

In all sincerity all the best! Really

Love from Phil

@Akira

48 minutes ago, Akira said:

love you. 

I didn't watched the video, but I just want to share another controversial dynamic that I witnessed: even in non-white groups, many non-white people think that white people are superior.

I worked in an off-shore company than more than one year. It happened a few times that some employees from Europe would come to do some management. They would come and wear shorts and sandals, but it was prohibited in the company. In my mind I thought "Cool, I can also wear sandals in the company" (I didn't know the rule). One day after they went back to Europe, I also came with sandals in the office, but got criticized. I asked "What's the problem? Other employees were wearing short and sandals recently?", some guys told me "Yeah... but it's different, they are the boss". They weren't the boss, they were just regular employees. Then the director ask me to come to in his office, he told me that there was a dress code in the company and that I was inappropriately dressed and that it wasn't class. When European employees would come, I also noticed that some workers would not be in their normal state. They would be more stressed, anxious, and would want to show themselves more.

My mom told me about a white girl that I know that got a job recently. She told me that she is more paid than other women who are older and who have been working for more years than her. She think that it's because she is white.

Where I live, I saw housing ads reserved for European people only. The local population prefer to work with them because they have more money and are better seen than the locals. But it frustrate other locals who get less opportunities.

Edited by Raphael

@Raphael   it's called slave mentality and self hate. 

I've seen Indians give better treatment to whites than other Indians. For example one day I was sitting in the lobby waiting for a doctor and me and other people had been waiting for hours. A white man enters in. He sits among us. Then the doctors advises the staff to let in the white guy first. He is given priority over others. 

If I'm sitting in an Indian restaurant, the Indian manager of the restaurant will first serve a white couple or family and then serve us. 

I understand that there is a "respect the outsider" culture in India but sometimes it's not just about respect but a certain slave mentality. 

So if the Indian person suffered because of a criminal, no action will be taken but if a white tourist was affected by a crime, the police immediately takes action and gives them VIP treatment. 

It's like an after impact of colonialism. 

It's like our own government will favor the white person over us. 

But it's no big deal since we don't want  any white person to be treated badly anyway or suffer a bad experience so it's not like we complain about it. Most people are glad that the white people who live in the community have a happy experience living among us. 

Yet the bias is kinda openly visible. But like I said we don't mind it.