Malekakisioannis

Qualia research institute and Leo gura

17 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I ve seen that you came across the qualia research institute material. What's your opinion on their assumptions?They seem to give a very rational context for psychedelic experience interpertation. Especially André emilson (take a look at his channel if haven't already) confronts issues like the experience of god in a very scientific point of view. His last video upload is on creating whole worlds in specific states and the experience of being omnipresent. 

I don't know what their big picture understanding is, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong because such people don't understand what science is.

"A very scientific" POV will always fail.

If someone starts a conversation about reality with the phrase, "I'm going to be very scientific..." you already know they fucked up.

What they're doing is good, but it will be limited. Ultimate reality cannot be understood scientifically.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know what their big picture understanding is, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong because such people don't understand what science is.

"A very scientific" POV will always fail.

If someone starts a conversation about reality with the phrase, "I'm going to be very scientific..." you already know they fucked up.

What they're doing is good, but it will be limited. Ultimate reality cannot be understood scientifically.

Their views match with yours: You are conciousness fundamentally and your individual experience is a ripple of conciousness (god). They approach logic as an aspect of reality, not the ultimate reality. An experience can have infinite mixtures of qualia and logicality can be one of those. Godness is like a specific match of qualia, the most symmetrical and energetic one. I don't exactly understand their model but i try to... They are pretty advanced. Especially Andrés.

Any kind of exploration into the unknown always brings some new results with new benefits. For that reason, even scientifically laced spirituality is also appreciated and welcomed. May be in the future, such research will enable enlightenment en masse. But, the important thing to remember is that No scientist, or Yogi or spiritualist will ever know the entirely of all the different configurations consciousness can take. It will always be exponentially infinite. It is precisely why even the enlightened do not always experience the same kind of experience. 

Its a good thing at least now the scientific community is openly willing to explore consciousness. That's exactly what we need from scientific community. Progress always happens little by little. But, it is appreciated none the less.

46 minutes ago, Malekakisioannis said:

Their views match with yours: You are conciousness fundamentally and your individual experience is a ripple of conciousness (god).

Not good enough

@Leo Gura Sometimes you have to work with what you got. Or do you just want everyone to recognize your work in a 1000 years when everybody has already realized God thanks to the small elephant eating workings of things like the Qualia Research Institute. To realize God shouldn't we first focus on realizing consciousness as fundamental and denouncing materialism dogma?

What is the true focus of your existential teachings, why does it stand apart from other consciousness teachings?

1 hour ago, Malekakisioannis said:

your individual experience

No such thing. Your experience is all of reality. There’s nothing else that exists.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Yeah, but "Your" is not that of the individual. The "individual experience" doesn't exist, in the same way a hydra's heads don't exist, only the hydra. But it still looks and acts like a hydra.

@North Sea I’m disputing his claim that

2 hours ago, Malekakisioannis said:

your individual experience is a ripple of conciousness (god)

It’s not just a ripple. Your experience IS all of consciousness.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise yeah but he means the imaginary small self's "experience", so in that sense "ripple of consciousness" is quite a beautiful poetic description of human life, since it is infinitely limited and small compared to the true vastness of infinity, therefore only a ripple.

I guess it's just the solipsism question again, but in my experience solipsism contradicts itself because it hinges on so many relative assumptions and imaginations.

19 hours ago, North Sea said:

@Leo Gura Sometimes you have to work with what you got. Or do you just want everyone to recognize your work in a 1000 years when everybody has already realized God thanks to the small elephant eating workings of things like the Qualia Research Institute. To realize God shouldn't we first focus on realizing consciousness as fundamental and denouncing materialism dogma?

What is the true focus of your existential teachings, why does it stand apart from other consciousness teachings?

I am the one who suggested their video to you.

9 hours ago, North Sea said:

I guess it's just the solipsism question again, but in my experience solipsism contradicts itself because it hinges on so many relative assumptions and imaginations.

Solipsism is the basics of enlightenment. If you haven’t realised that, you’re still a novice.

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Solipsism is the basics of enlightenment. If you haven’t realised that, you’re still a novice.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wouldn't put it quite like that...

Solipsism is still a very dualistic philosophy. It can sometimes be a good analogy for enlightenment but at the end of the day, solipsism is still just a delusional philosophical school.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

2 hours ago, Adam M said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wouldn't put it quite like that...

Solipsism is still a very dualistic philosophy. It can sometimes be a good analogy for enlightenment but at the end of the day, solipsism is still just a delusional philosophical school.

Guys, when Leo's talking about solipsism he's not referring to a school of thought but literally seeing / feeling real time you creating & being everything. 

Arguing about it is completely irrelevant, all that matters is that you experience it.

I coincidentally found this channel just a few days ago as I was going through my YouTube homepage. It's interesting and inspiring, and it seems to be making these matters more "rigorous", which I'm sure would help make consciousness work more mainstream or acceptable among intellectual circles in some direct or indirect way.

So their contribution is not bad at all

Sure there are some corrections to be made. But the best is the enemy of the good, as long as one remains flexible and open to further corrections