StateOfMind

Can thoughts triger an awakening?

45 posts in this topic

@At awe ?

When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place. In the still mind, in the depths of meditation, the Self reveals itself. Beholding the Self by means of the Self, an aspirant knows the joy and peace of complete fulfillment. Having attained that abiding joy beyond the senses, revealed in the stilled mind, he never swerves from the eternal truth. He desires nothing else, and cannot be shaken by the heaviest burden of sorrow.

- Bhagavad Gita 6:19

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@StateOfMind I try doing this all the time. But I keep getting stuck into weird self-reference loops and glass walls that are hard to articulate. I remember one of the examples Leo mentions somewhere - you're chasing an animal in a maze, but it keeps disappearing around a corner as soon as you begin to get a glimpse of its tail. Whatever 'Truth' is, it keeps remaining just out of grasp. It's like the truth is so close within grasp, yet it's so far out of reach. It should be so obvious, yet, is seemingly so confounding. 

Release me.