Someone here

What is happiness?

172 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

This question is for both of you @Mu_@Snader :

Wouldn't you actually prefer a pain-free life over even a slightly painful one? I personally would like to be in a constant high state, but that's not realistic. I would never want to experience even 0.000000000000000000000000001% of pain. And I would always want to experience positive states. Is this not what all humans deeply want? Or am I the weird one here?

You are not a weird one, no one here is, we only have different perspectives. As an answer coming from deep down, I say no, I wouldn't choose a constant high state life over a slightly painful one, even though my ego would love it. I know you won't understand that and that's okay. I wouldn't be able to explain it to you. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But that's exactly the level of difference in perspectives we are dealing with here.

Now, @Snader Of course, pain is just a sensation, but it is a painful one, regardless of your thoughts. In certain coma states, the body still reacts to pain stimuli.

If your body reacts to it, does it mean that you react to it?

I once read that Ralston removed some teeth or did some surgery without an anaesthetic. Well, to me, that's extremely stupid given the fact that anaesthesia exists in our modern world. To me, that's like bypassing science because he wanted to show off his spiritual muscles.

Are you serious? Where did you come to the conclusion that he did it to show off? You are clearly being self-biased there. That story is from The Book of Not Knowing and you really think that he talks about a surgical operation he just wanted to grind through in a book titled like that? You think there was nothing deeper to that, something like doing self experimentation on himself? Naah man maybe I'm just a naive hippie thinking so, maybe it was just to show off how bad ass he is. He should've taken anesthesia, what a fool... Maybe the book is just about him telling about his day to day life. Ralston would definitely make a good blogger.

Edited by Snader

15 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Reconcile with peace goodness and love?  That was never my intent to do so, nor is there a need to.  I was merely pointing to new mountaintops and vantage points.

I get you man, I TOTALLY get you.  I spent years in this frustration of trying to reconcile what I heard from teachers about life BEING love and happiness and peace and would get so hateful and angry and frustrated about these exact matters your pointing to.  Who the fuck is this god or life that would do such things, this is NOT a loving god, this is at best a chaotic god, massively imperfect, and far from love by any meaning I then understand.

What helped me was to see leave room for what I didn't understand or see, to not assume what I was seeing and deducing was "objective", not to assume life/god had volition and caused such things with intent, to see the non-objectivity of things, to peer into and see the oneness of suchness without filters or idea's and feel the reality melting love and peace in it all.  Forgive life, forgive god, forgive yourself, this helped to.

If you assume god must of done such matters in the way you see and feel them to be, then you've already jumped many conclusions about life and see this as objectively so, and its result is your hate and frustration of something you believe to be true.  And yes this to is an unavoidable part of existence, with no good, right wrong, awful, a joke, stupid, not loving, not happiness attached to it.

Holding onto the story that life is Love, Happiness and Good, can be just as much a corner stone of belief to get worked up around when its not met to the expectations of such.  This to was a lesson to learn which helped drop more and more suffering.

Thanks for the nice words and advice. You 'sound 'like a nice and sweet person. Although I wanna share something with you now.. I was about to share it about a month ago when I made a thread titled "all of reality explained"..  But thanks to You gave me warning and restriction from posting about two days.. Not too bad but I was really going through A real total awakening at that time. I wasn't just mucking around... I Made before that a thread about infinity.. See all these love platitudes don't mean nothing when you actually grasp what is reality. I had the insight simply by dreaming and noticing that my mind can shape literally anything. Entire worlds from scratch. Down to every atom.  experienced MANY lifetimes. In fact.. I and you since I am you  have experienced ALL possible lifetimes that have existed.. exist now or will exist. 

experienced ALL POSSIBLE LIFETIMES OF ALL POSSIBLE CREATURES . Entire lifetimes... YES! All possible creatures. 5-legged ones or just beings made of energy only.. or creature with not 5 or 6 senses but 300 senses etc... Sounds impossible? Well... If you do HARDCORE contemplation you can experience many hardcore stuff.

And that is compatible with insights of mystics and yogis from all traditions in the world. That's what infinity means. 

This story about Big Bang and Planet Earth IS JUST ONE OF INFINITE MORE STORIES in infinite more dimensions.

I attained THOUSANDS of "spiritual" insights. Most of them are impossible to put into words and sentences.

"You are God" is just one of INFINITE MORE SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS. I can't describe this statement more.. because of the limit of language.

There is INFINITE deepness. It goes on forever. In all directions and all dimensions. Every fucking detail of every fucking thing in every single fucking place or time or different dimension...... Exists.  Do you fathom this? Ofcourse no. I don't as well. As much. 

Just as a cute example... There are infinite more colors than you can see now in this current dimension.

Be very open-minded reading next lines please..... 

It's not that goodness and love aren't aspects... Sure.. But every aspect has its opposite. Duality. Oneness is not more true than separation. Infinite love is not more true than infinite evil and wickedness beyond anything you can imagine.  I hope I conveyed to you some of my take on these issues from my perspective. I hope also this is not too abstract and philosophical and "unicornical" to you such that you can actually make something of what I said.. That's just my thing. I'm a mental masturbator. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

14 hours ago, xxxx said:

I do not want to beat around the bush, and if I do write this down, it may seem all over the place.

This video will be able to explain it better. Please watch it completely, and then we can discuss this further, in detail --- if you'd like to. 

"existence IS Good"..... Leo is cute and all but that statement is no longer correct as soon as you finish the pronunciation of it.  How about "existence IS bad"? See equally valid.  It's just perspectives. That video lasts one hour 48 minutes.. During that time the arguments of Leo might or might not convince you that all is good.. After the video ends.. All the yuckness of life will and can and is going to haunt you again. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Thanks for the nice words and advice. You 'sound 'like a nice and sweet person. Although I wanna share something with you now.. I was about to share it about a month ago when I made a thread titled "all of reality explained"..  But thanks to You gave me warning and restriction from posting about two days.. Not too bad but I was really going through A real total awakening at that time. I wasn't just mucking around... I Made before that a thread about infinity.. See all these love platitudes don't mean nothing when you actually grasp what is reality. I had the insight simply by dreaming and noticing that my mind can shape literally anything. Entire worlds from scratch. Down to every atom.  experienced MANY lifetimes. In fact.. I and you since I am you  have experienced ALL possible lifetimes that have existed.. exist now or will exist. 

experienced ALL POSSIBLE LIFETIMES OF ALL POSSIBLE CREATURES . Entire lifetimes... YES! All possible creatures. 5-legged ones or just beings made of energy only.. or creature with not 5 or 6 senses but 300 senses etc... Sounds impossible? Well... If you do HARDCORE contemplation you can experience many hardcore stuff.

And that is compatible with insights of mystics and yogis from all traditions in the world. That's what infinity means. 

This story about Big Bang and Planet Earth IS JUST ONE OF INFINITE MORE STORIES in infinite more dimensions.

I attained THOUSANDS of "spiritual" insights. Most of them are impossible to put into words and sentences.

"You are God" is just one of INFINITE MORE SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS. I can't describe this statement more.. because of the limit of language.

There is INFINITE deepness. It goes on forever. In all directions and all dimensions. Every fucking detail of every fucking thing in every single fucking place or time or different dimension...... Exists.  Do you fathom this? Ofcourse no. I don't as well. As much. 

Just as a cute example... There are infinite more colors than you can see now in this current dimension.

Be very open-minded reading next lines please..... 

It's not that goodness and love aren't aspects... Sure.. But every aspect has its opposite. Duality. Oneness is not more true than separation. Infinite love is not more true than infinite evil and wickedness beyond anything you can imagine.  I hope I conveyed to you some of my take on these issues from my perspective. I hope also this is not too abstract and philosophical and "unicornical" to you such that you can actually make something of what I said.. That's just my thing. I'm a mental masturbator. 

Ya I get you.  Keep it up.  Just be careful with ultimate statements.  Why tell XXX negativity will and can haunt you again?  What good or use or truth is this?  You can get a little worked up, perhaps a little cocky, and maybe a little insensitive at times.  Just be mindful.

Also I'm not sure I follow that Oneness can be separate?  What would separate itself from itself?  Only god is between stuff, and as a result its never not God and never separation.

Love is for me an absolute synonym of happiness. 

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

"existence IS Good"..... Leo is cute and all but that statement is no longer correct as soon as you finish the pronunciation of it.  How about "existence IS bad"? See equally valid.  It's just perspectives. That video lasts one hour 48 minutes.. During that time the arguments of Leo might or might not convince you that all is good.. After the video ends.. All the yuckness of life will and can and is going to haunt you again. 

Just stop fucking around and realize who you are.

No, Love is NOT a perspective.

When you realize that the universe DOES NOT exist and It´s only You, and this is NOTHING, then you will see that Love and Goodness is the only thing that makes sense to Create and Be. To "Proyect" in Absolute Nothing that this is.

Not making myself here a "Leo Quote", but I´ve been in state of consciousness ... where I as God can see that the universe and reality does not exist and I am left with absolutely Nothing. In that state you realize that you are indeed a loving Being, because you decide to create "something" (which yeah, it´s nothing) out of pure Love and Goodness.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Just stop fucking around and realize who you are.

No, Love is NOT a perspective.

When you realize that the universe DOES NOT exist and It´s only You, and this is NOTHING, then you will see that Love and Goodness is the only thing that makes sense to Create and Be. To "Proyect" in Absolute Nothing that this is.

Not making myself here a "Leo Quote", but I´ve been in state of consciousness ... where I as God can see that the universe and reality does not exist and I am left with absolutely Nothing. In that state you realize that you are indeed a loving Being, because you decide to create "something" (which yeah, it´s nothing) out of pure Love and Goodness.

Nice philosophy! Now prove it in practice.

Just for fun, and for the sake of Love and Goodness, try a cup of this:

39-394748_clorox-bleach-png-clorox-germicidal-bleach.png

Recommended by God, the infinite love. Take your time. Try it, and then come here and read what you have written above. It'll probably make even more sense then.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

13 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Nice philosophy! Now prove it in practice.

Just for fun, and for the sake of Love and Goodness, try a cup of this:

39-394748_clorox-bleach-png-clorox-germicidal-bleach.png

Recommended by God, the infinite love. Take your time. Try it, and then come here and read what you have written above. It'll probably make even more sense then.

On 19/1/2021 at 0:13 PM, Breakingthewall said:

That doesn't make any sense

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

That doesn't make any sense

Love does not have to make sense :x

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

On 1/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, Someone here said:

Leo might or might not convince you that all is good.. After the video ends..

You think he’s trying to convince you, I suggest he’s pointing to you finding out beyond a shadow of a doubt for yourself.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, Someone here said:

All the yuckness of life will and can and is going to haunt you again

That kind of doubt, or, shadow. Those are thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 20/01/2021 at 8:16 PM, Someone here said:

@Mu_  @xxxx

Too much points all over the place.. I can't respond to all this... But will touch on depression and the well intentions behind the design of this reality.. 

Let's take one example.. Depression..

A depressed person doesn't know what he wants from this life. He tried everything to battle.  tried every thing hates himself . Never loved himself have defeated in every aspect and every form in this life. Now this stresss he had for years started to take toll over his body physically. Now he suffers every kind of pain..neck pain..body pain..shoulder pain.headache. Days are always in pain. Far worse is being a man. Nobody cares about you. We're doomed to suffer then die. No friends no one says hi no nothing fuck.. He  seriously need to disappear from this world in an instant. It won't change anything. "Yeah" "Sorry" "Try this" "That" "No" "Yes" "You're wrong" "You're right" Makes no fucking sense. Will just Keep his mind busy. And fall into all kinds of addictions and destruction. 

Depression is hell on Earth. It has a zombie-like feature -- not totally alive, not dead either.

The thing is.. no amount of books.. advice.. venting will get you out of this. Sorry. It might kinda help.. but depression will sooner or later creep in once again. Why? Because it's a chronic illness.

See depression as a chronic illness. such as diabetes. It has no cure.. but it is possible to keep it under control.. If a person who has diabetes doesn't take insulin.. things will get really bad for him. And as time goes by.. it'll get worse and worse.

About the goodness of God.. Is God good? Really? Really tho? 

the god that created this universe if it was created by God. is quite clearly a maniac. continues Fry. An utter maniac. totally selfish. 

Bone cancer in children?’ What’s that about? How dare you. How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault. It’s not right. It’s utterly.. utterly evil. Why should I respect a  sick minded,. stupid God who creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain?’.. Prove to me that reality is not just entropy moving towards perfect madness and hilarious evil at the end? You can't. You don't know shit. Just deal with it. And lay aside some.. Not all.. But At least some of the spiritual mumbo jumbo. 

How do you reconcile that with peace..goodness and love? 

(The question is for Mu and xxxx) 

Correct. Suicidally depressed here, the worst part is you have absolutely no control over the constant suffering. And ego is too strong to even let you kill yourself, no matter how badly you want it. So what do you do? You wallow for eternity, hurting and destroying everything and everyone you ever loved, knowing that the only thing that will help is death.

@Someone here

I'm sorry you are suffering. 

Have you heard of  Wu Wei?

A state of alignment with the flow of life. 

Balance =Fullfillment.

Fulfillment = happiness. 

Not minding what happens. Apparently Krishnamurti said this to his followers as a summing up of his knowledge. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Ensho sorry to hear man. I hope that post didn't trigger bad emotions for ya. Stick around and keep fighting for yourself. There is light at the end of the tunnel. 

@Surfingthewave thank you. Well I'm not suffering actually. In that post .. I wasn't expressing my own state .. I was speaking about the state of depressed people. Which I don't need to go through it to be able to relate to their suffering. 

Heard of Wu Wei?  Lol I'm from the Wu Wei culture ;)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Beauty. 

And of course the only way to see the beauty in all things is to transcend the ego.  

Whatever it is, look at it free from egoic biases, and see that it is Beautiful.

In fact, it is Beauty Itself.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@Someone here You seem like you're suffering - lots of sadness /frustration/negativity in your posts? 

Perhaps work on that first and you may get to the root of why you're not experiencing happiness. 

23 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Beauty. 

And of course the only way to see the beauty in all things is to transcend the ego.  

Whatever it is, look at it free from egoic biases, and see that it is Beautiful.

In fact, it is Beauty Itself.

Beautiful. What is beauty is a good question to start. Because it seems like a subjective thing. Not universal. 

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Someone here You seem like you're suffering - lots of sadness /frustration/negativity in your posts? 

Perhaps work on that first and you may get to the root of why you're not experiencing happiness. 

@Surfingthewave no I'm just good at hypnosis.  That post was pretty dark. 

Well the world is a fucked up place and this isn't pessimism from my part. Just stating some fact. When I speak the default state of any living organism is basically tension.  You are naturally dying and decaying. That's the path of least resistance. Inertia. So you have to put on constant effort to go against this decaying process and survive. This expresses itself for example in the constant ever renewable biological needs (water...food... Rest). It kinda when you put it into perspective.. It shows you that life is indeed a worthless piece of shit. But it's not an option to quit the game. To be or to be. Is the choice. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

And just to not beat around the bush.. This utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a myth. 

The reality of the matter is that you are a biological robot.. Play with the levels of Serotonin in your brain and it will become impossible for you to be happy.  And you will need 3 pills of Prozac every day just to feel just fine. 

It's all programed into you from the beginning.. Stuff like a good meal.. Sexual orgasm.. Socializing.. Entertainment.. Etc pull the switch of dopamine in your brain and that basically makes you happy... That's all that there is to it.  There is no such thing as "unconditional happiness". Or happiness via no means whatsoever. Just doesn't make sense. And of course on the other side as I mentioned in OP.. Even chasing those material means will not ever be good enough due to the fact of impermanence and hedonistic adaption and so Forth. So basically there is no such thing as actual happiness. Because it will always be a transitioning and a temporary phase. 

-Osho

@Someone here Yeah it sure seems that way while in this dualistic ego clouded state of consciousness.

But it turns out that Love and Beauty are, contrary to common wisdom, Objective.   Not what I was expecting find, but hey. 

I realize I’m coming across as some enlightened snobby know it all right now, but I’m just honestly trying to share what I’ve found about happiness.   I take this work very seriously(almost to an obnoxious degree for the people around me :P) and I’ve experimented heavily with radically altered states of consciousness which have allowed me to see reality without the constraints of the egoic mind.

But honestly, there’s really no need to argue about it or to speculate. Anyone can discover this for themselves.  Just become free from the shroud of the ego and see what is left.  It just is what it is.

14 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

What is depression?

That the structure formed by that cloud of thoughts called "i" is formed by thoughts of negativity, and this aggressive dynamic decreases the serotonin in your brain (maybe, difficult to say what is before, the egg or the chicken, but I'd say first are the thoughts)