Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

The Implications of Solipsism Being False

12 posts in this topic

If solipsism isn’t the case for consciousness, then we certainly live in universes of consciousness all on our own. Each conscious entity does not exist in one universe, but instead every conscious entity is its own universe of experience entirely. The consciousness of an individual bull frog is the complete sovereign god of its own conscious field, and anything or anyone who enters that field is merely a guest whether they be Jehovah, Krishna, Jesus Christ, the Buddha, or the ants it will be eating for its next meal. All of these beings are essentially on the same level in the domain of this bull frog’s conscious field. They are all merely servants to his overarching and infinitely potent presence. Consequently, you are also the god of your own conscious field. It matters not the degree of perceived power or elegance of another being which enters that field; your consciousness is always the king of that domain. This will forever be the case.

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth In your last post about solipsism I posted a video of Rupert Spira speaking about oneness. I still think this could help you greatly. There are no individual entities that "have" consciousness. There is only consciousness. I think this is where you're getting stuck. ?

Edited by Jonty

I wish it would be like that. But unfortunately God is only One.

But then again , does it matter the difference?

Think about, it's all because of the ego feeling alone. There's nothing wrong with God being One.

Think that you don't give a crap if objects have their own bubbles / POV of consciousness, but you care so much about other people having them.

It's a bias. There's nothing wrong with the fact that you are One and you are imagining everyone else's bubbles. There's only one bubble.

You guys ruin the inquiry the moment you start referring to consciousness as the human consciousness. This term "consciousness" is extremely problematic. Just throw it out of the window.

Due to that epistemic mistake, what you're suggesting here is not very far from solipsism. It's just a polymer of solipsistic individuals, without a shared objective reality to ground all of their POVs, which leaves some very important questions unanswered, such as: How is existence possible? How is otherness possible? And what happens when one of the POVs dies or gets dissected?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

your consciousness is always the king of that domain

There is no you in your consciousness

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 hours ago, Jonty said:

@BipolarGrowth In your last post about solipsism I posted a video of Rupert Spira speaking about oneness. I still think this could help you greatly. There are no individual entities that "have" consciousness. There is only consciousness. I think this is where you're getting stuck. ?

I think I could benefit from watching that. Any chance you could post the link again?

@Jonty I watched all the videos posted by people in that thread about Rupert Spira. I didn’t find any them helpful as I’m well-versed in the nondual perspective and have had quite a few of these type experiences before. Ultimately he said nothing I wasn’t already aware of. 

The reality is that as long as there is any separateness perceived in consciousness it is real in its effect. Just because one can have direct experience of oneness does not somehow make the direct experience of limited and individual consciousness no longer existent. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

15 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

then we certainly live in universes of consciousness all on our own.

This is solipsism in a nutshell. Which is it: is it just me or is it we? Can it really be both at the same time?

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday What that sentence is saying is that if the other beings we see experience consciousness as well, they do so in their own individual universes of consciousness (otherwise referred to as perceptual bubbles more often here). I haven’t heard even a single person ever claim that they occupied another being’s perceptual bubble. 

@BipolarGrowth exactly. If nobody (including you) has ever occupied another perceptual bubble, then how do you know they exist?

All stories and explanations are false.