Thought Art

Falun Gong, (Similar To Qigong) anyone practice this?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Self Actualizers.

Hoping your journey is going well, new discoveries are being made and you are one track with find/ actualizing on your life purpose.

I have been practicing Qigong for few months now and I am finding it an incredibly powerful practice. Chi, is a real thing and the practice is shattering my paradigms on energy work and the potential for energy healing. The practice is holistic and practical. I practice under Lee Holden https://www.holdenqigong.com/ I am going to become a licensed teacher in the next year or two. There is so much too it, and so far its been an amazing addition to my yoga practice. 

I recently discovered Falun Gong, which is apparently a branching of Qigong with a moral philosophy. I am wondering if anyone has practiced it and has any story to share. All I know about Falun Gong is that it was created rather recently, part of an evolution of Qigong I believe. 40 years old. I also know that the Chinese government has been harvesting their organs since 1999, and arresting these practitioners and putting them in jails and re-education camps. Supposedly this was outlawed in 2015, but not clear if it is being enforced. 

Here is a book on Falun Gong if you are interested in learning more.

https://www.amazon.ca/Falun-Gong-Li-Hongzhi/dp/1586131001/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=falun+gong&qid=1611008658&sr=8-3

Claims it is a cult. Not convinced will keep researching. I think there are Gems here from this practice. I don't think is guy talking about it is giving it a fair view, he isn't spiritual inclined or developed and has no understanding of the practicality of Chinese medicine. Staying open minded. 

This video sells it really well. Looks a lot like Qigong. 

Video Claims they are alt-right supporters. This could be a cultural disconnect.

I am hoping there is gold here. I am trying to create an integral practice of Qigong, Kriya, Kundalini, Soma and various tantric techniques. Honestly, I think Qigong is really important for enlightenment. Far more than just sitting meditation.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

◭"89"

So, I am still going to study this in more detail. Apparently Qigong is within Falun Dafa, but Falun Dafa has a lot of dogma attached to it. 

◭"89"

Yes I am currently practicing Falun Gong.

I intend to read the two core books of the practice, the pdfs of which are freely available online at www.falundafa.org

The most important book of Falun Gong/Dafa is 'Zhuan Falun'. Secondly to that is 'Falun Gong', which includes instructions on the 5 physical Qigong exercises.

I have only read one chapter so far in one of them which talks about the eye through which we can have multidimensional visions, that it's a kind of rotating flickering screen that if you look through you can see clear pictures/images and access other realms (basically speaking of our third eye).

Very interesting and powerful so far.

In regards to the exercises:

Very powerful.

There are only five sets and each is core to the practice (in terms of physical exercises)

There are none other, no variations, and no grey areas in terms of how they are done (like most exercises really).

I have known of them since 2015 but only started practicing regularly and all of them in the past two weeks since being in quarantine due to testing positive to corona virus.

They really open, centre, strengthen, coordinate and attune your energy system to develop higher capabilities (I hope, feels good so far) and increase your health on a level of energy and posture.

They are very easy to do and learn, without being straining or fatiguing to the body, but rather increase your energy and can be quite relaxing to do, while still requiring some effort and concentration to do properly and enjoy.

They do not take very long to do. About 10 minutes for me 

There is definitely some controversy in the belief system and I will have to delve deeper to develop an opinion in this regard.