Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vibroverse

Tv shows and movies

13 posts in this topic

Do you have suggestions of tv shows and movies that are, like, related to these subjects?

The Midnight Gospel on Netflix is likely the best actual TV show you’ll find for these topics. There are likely some good movies, but I’m not aware of many other than The Fountain which is loosely related, mostly to impermanence. It’s a good one to watch though for sure. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

55 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The Midnight Gospel on Netflix is likely the best actual TV show you’ll find for these topics. 

why all the hype with this show?

it is just new era rambling combining with cheap animation, 6/10

pd: watch terrence malick, tarkovsky, zulawski, nicholas wind refn, jodorowsky, Lopushansky

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine because nothing else that could be considered even remotely mainstream discusses these topics. Is everything in the show the highest absolute insights possible? No, but it comes quite a far way compared to the rest of pop culture. It’s effective in introducing topics that the average person may never find any other time in their life. Episode three covers topics that could potentially be considered more advanced than practically anything nondual teachers promote by introducing nondual “total” enlightenment as a baby step in a much deeper process of Self Realization/Actualization. Episode five is actually quite good as well. The rest of the episodes are meh. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Honestly I just watch tv for the sake of it. They just inspire me and get me fired up for life. If you're living with people who aren't totally pleasant they are really heaven sent lol. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@RedLine because nothing else that could be considered even remotely mainstream discusses these topics. Is everything in the show the highest absolute insights possible? No, but it comes quite a far way compared to the rest of pop culture. It’s effective in introducing topics that the average person may never find any other time in their life. Episode three covers topics that could potentially be considered more advanced than practically anything nondual teachers promote by introducing nondual “total” enlightenment as a baby step in a much deeper process of Self Realization/Actualization. Episode five is actually quite good as well. The rest of the episodes are meh. 

I agree it is a good tool do divulgate spiritually to normies, but for people who are already into this field.. meh

I like the first episode, but then when you see they repeat the same formula again and again I lost interest.

Edited by RedLine

I liked The Good Place

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

The mainstream movie matrix is a good one. The third installment of the movie has a sung version of these verses from the Hindu Scripture Brihadaranyaka Upanishad in its End Credits:

asato mā sad gamaya
tamaso mā jyotir gamaya
mṛtyor mā amṛtaṁ gamaya

From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

--Brhadaranyaka Upanishad, I.iii.28

Edited by PopoyeSailor