Gabith

Your tips/practices to love life

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, what keeps you happy in your everyday life ?
Here's the things that keep me positive:

- listening to music

- taking a walk

- playing with my band

- talking with my friends

- meditation

- taking big breathing by the noose

- cold showers (the feelings after)

- taking drugs once per week

- doing exercises

- less worrying and being more present (thinking less of past or future)

- gratitude

Thank you.

I don't feel like forcing myself to be happy, my habits make me happier and sometimes when I feel anxiety because thinking of the future, I go for meditation or I take deep breath and feel the present moment. Then it goes away because there is no fear, sadness nor anxiety in the present moment.

I think your list is pretty good. I would say do whatever it takes to make you like feel better. And forcing oneself usually backfires in that sense. The more we try to feel good the more we are in a mode of not feeling good since we're pushing and efforting. 

I love life the most when I am present. Simple things, like studying a fallen maple leaf, or drinking a cold class of water, or listening to the rain, invoke  profound joy when I see them Consciously.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

But who am I to say these things like do this, do that, etc. I just know me in that sense hehehe. 

The fact that i can hold a nut and bolt in my i hand and feel sincere joy that they are. 

the fact that somebody broke locks on my car and trashed the inside ... I started laughing because i felt that it happened but not to me. it just happened...

etc

Finding joy in small things and acceptance in short.

Edited by At awe

@Gabith Bask in the profundity of what is and enjoy the reality of it regardless of what that reveals.

Learn to see the bliss in all things. If it rains see the bliss in it. If it’s sunny, see the bliss in it. If there’s pain, see the bliss in it. If there’s comfort, see the bliss in it. If you succeed, see bliss in it, if you “fail”, see bliss in it.

Personally, to be humbly honest I find joy in almost anything. One of them being the infinity of reality. There’s an endless opportunity of things to do in life. I couldn’t even list them all.

you can create

you can observe

you can learn

you can explore 

you can engage physical exercise

you can travel

you reflect

you can read etc.

All of these can be applied to almost any facet of life. The list is literally endless, hence why boredom in my opinion is a complete delusion.

All things are inherently bliss, they both stem from the same source.

You can’t have a positive without a negative the two are interdependent. (Eg. Cold cannot be known having not first experienced warm or vice versa). Realise this and you will not need specific activities from which joy must be derived.

Edited by Jacobsrw

I make creative things xD

Learning is also awesome. Even if the cost is being hurt/hurt FIRST. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

You've got a pretty awesome list, however, learning accepting and handling negative emotions (suffering, impatience, anxiety, etc) effectively go a long way. Essentially, emotional mastery.

18 hours ago, Gabith said:

Hi guys, what keeps you happy in your everyday life ?
Here's the things that keep me positive:

- listening to music

- taking a walk

- playing with my band

- talking with my friends

- meditation

- taking big breathing by the noose

- cold showers (the feelings after)

- taking drugs once per week

- doing exercises

- less worrying and being more present (thinking less of past or future)

- gratitude

Thank you.

Interesting. Thank you for the list.

My recommendation is be happy before the cold shower, during the shower, not just after it. 

Edited by hyruga

18 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Interesting. Thank you for the list.

My recommendation is be happy during the cold shower too, not just after it. 

I'll try that tomorrow thanks !

18 minutes ago, hyruga said: