Berk

Sages' Sport Routines

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a guy who has decided to become a sage. So my problem is this: I've been walking and jogging for about two years and my intuition is telling me like "Sages don't do these kinds of things. They must be doing something different. But what do they do?" So I'm in the dark on this topic.

And my second question is: How much time should I spent on doing sport? I really need an answer for this question too.

Any answer or source can help. Thank you for your attention.

15 minutes ago, Berk said:

I'm a guy who has decided to become a sage.

Said no sage ever. 

Just keep going with your spiritual practices and contemplate what it even means to be a sage.

Why would a sage care about stopping sports? That's completely irrelevant.

If you enjoy a sport, engage in it as much as if you never thought about becoming a sage.

Sages that don't do "these kind of things" don't do them usually because of culture or age.

Lmao, sorry but this is Spiritual Ego at its finest. 

'I've decided to be a sage, so now I must pose to the world as a perfect sage.' 

why not be yourself, instead of trying to be a 'sage.' 

Therefore, your natural presence & natural expression of Sagehood will shine through, including you playing sports and doing whatever else you enjoy, instead of trying to be a Spiritual poser. 

I don't mean to be harsh but it's one of the funniest things you see in Non-Duality, people get into this work then feel they have to pose as 'Spiritual' and can't do X, Y & Z. 

Now, I'm not saying don't do the practices, work, or engage in whatever 'spiritual activities' you enjoy such as say Tarot cards or Crystal healing etc, I'm just saying don't force your personality because you're now a 'Sage.' 

True sages never declared themselves Sages, lmao. 

Oh and 'Sages' activities and habits vary greatly! 

Sadhguru plays Golf, Francis Lucille plays Tennis, Eckhart Tolle drinks red wine, Adyashanti cycles & lifts weights (or did in his younger years) etc etc 

There's no 'list of activities a sage can do.' 

Although, I'd say there's one quote which sums it up pretty well from a famous mystic, I forgot his name- 

Love, and do whatever you want 

Simple as that. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

https://www.holdenqigong.com/ Qigong. Its a complete deal, you meditate, exercise, work your energy, connect to source, stretch etc

And you can develop healing hands which is very sage ^_^

Keep following your intuition. Expand your possibilities.

I understand what some of the others are saying but, it is paradoxical. You won't become a sage by not doing sage like things. You will not become wise without setting a clear intention to be wise, to awaken etc.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'm a sage too. 

But I exercise a bit here and there. 

A little walking and jogging. It's much less now because I was banned from walking or running around my house because I broke Covid lockdown rules. 

But as soon as they lift the ban, I will start walking and exercising again 

A sage needs it more than anything. 

So glad I'm seeing at least one person call himself a sage like in 3 years being on this forum. I was sick of the stage Orange Mentality.

Finally found someone who calls themselves a sage. What a pleasure. 

Happy Saging. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.