soos_mite_ah

Understanding Pick Up

106 posts in this topic

I don't think Roy was having a smug attitude. 

He was simply making a point, his perspective is just as valid. 

Let's not pretend like there are saints and angels everywhere. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Bro that's such an ignorant position. 

Literally 95% of men don't have the social skills & confidence to attract the opposite sex. What the fuck you expect them to do? Just accept the fact they didn't have a privileged upbringing like you surrounded by social opportunities. 

You're so off the cusp @Striving for more, I don't even know where to begin mate, but I'll do my best to address everything you said as I think it's warranted. Maybe it will help some other readers as well.

First of all nobody who was raised with the social conditioning that taught them to have any level of success and experience with the opposite sex feels the need to do pick-up. If you already know how to catch fish, why the hell would you go to fishing school? You wouldn't go.

It's not smug to point out something as simple as that at all. What I said isn't even controversial, how you came to that conclusion is frankly confusing to me, I'm guessing you're just being a bit defensive here.

Also "95%" of men not having the social skills and confidence to attract the opposite sex is not only anecdotally absurd to anybody here reading that statement, if it were even half that number let alone close to it we literally wouldn't even be here having this conversation, because the species wouldn't be able to survive and reproduce LOL. The vast majority of people know how to get in relationships or get sex in some capacity, the lack of social conditioning is mostly a recent phenomena, likely caused by technology being too abundant and popular

Are poor people overcompensating when they learn how to invest money? 

No, but they CAN. You have to realize, whenever anybody lacks something and they try to compensate for it, they might feel it's necessary to go overboard or be reckless/hasty about it because there is social pressure to "catch-up", which was my original point.

If you take a chronically impoverished person and suddenly show them all the potential ways they could make money, they might be tempted to take the easiest, selfish, and most ruthless route they can.

The same goes for someone who has been deprived sex and human connection for whatever reason, whether it was their fault or they were a victim of a shitty environment.

The lesson here is you can never underestimate a desperate person. "Lacking" can push people to improve healthily, but they can also improve unhealthily. Watch out and observe all the ways the mind will justify and rationalize exploiting other people to fill that "lack".

Getting better at talking to girls & learning how to please a woman in bed is a positive thing for both genders. 

When guys are trying to improve themselves they'll get dissuaded by arrogant comments like yours. 

Full disrespect for your smug attitude. 

You're forming an opinion probably based on 1 PUA who's a rapist or misogynist or some shit, when reality most guys are just alone & want to get laid gain confidence. 

& You then simplify at as "that's all it is". Not really, I believe 95% of guys would benefit from pickup, there's nothing to lose from it

Edited 2 hours ago by Striving for more

There is too much in this salad of a rant so I'll just say a few things.

- Be clear about distinguishing pick-up and general self-improvement and not mix them up like they are the same thing. Yes pick-up has a lot of general self-help in it, which is great I hope people do that and it helps them, but don't misconstrue the fact that the heart of "pick-up" is to get better with the opposite gender so you can have relationships/sex.

To challenge YOU specifically, think about the fact calling yourself someone who practices "pick-up" might be apart of your identity. So it's of course in YOUR best interest to defend it and make it appear as noble and great as possible. "Oh yah, pick-up is awesome. It's all about self-improvement. I just want to be the best I can be. I wanted help with women and now I got it and I'm better because of pick-up." Really challenge your own biases.

- Yes maybe it would help a lot of guys to get into pick-up (once again they wouldn't need to do it because well, most guys already know how to get laid. It's actually the exception to struggle on something so basic, unfortunately) but it also has the potential to be abused in toxic, selfish ways. A lot of people are very egoic and aren't responsible, they will abuse the spirit of improvement and the power they might get from it in awful ways.

There is countless evidence of this. This isn't even debatable so I don't need to bring up a semantic list, but just the fact ALONE that some of the biggest most successful pick-up channels that existed on YouTube and the internet have been permanently banned and had countless accusations come to light.

If that doesn't make you immediately laugh, and then question your position a bit, I don't know what will.

hrhrhtewgfegege

What makes women look complicated is that they are infinitely simple as everything else that you cannot believe it, and it makes them look complicated and hard and so on. 

@Roy Apologies about labelling it as smug & attacking you, looking back that was unfair & stupid. Your perspective is as valid as mine. I got too defensive. Clearly I get triggered too easily. 

I do still disagree with you on this stuff though. 

On 28/01/2021 at 4:01 AM, Roy said:

@Striving for more,

The vast majority of people know how to get in relationships or get sex in some capacity, 

The vast majority of people know how to get in shitty mediocre relationships that don't end well. 

The vast majority of men end up settling in relationships with girls they're not that attracted to, neither physically nor emotionally. 

You pointed out that the fact that we exist due to people consistently procreating is somehow evidence that most men have "good social skills" & wouldn't benefit from pickup is invalid. 

Just cos daddy made a sperm & you appeared doesn't mean that he got lots of the women he actually wanted in his life, enjoyed his sexual life as much as he could've, became a confident man &  had a variety of exciting sexual experiences. 

There's no point us discussing back and forth because it seems we'd agree to disagree, i'm to tired to write coherently too lol. 

My main point is there's soo much good coming to me for pick up, for me specifically & millions of others. 

I think labelling pickup as bad is unfair as it really is subjective to the guy applying it. 

Edited by Striving for more

On 28/01/2021 at 4:01 AM, Roy said:

First of all nobody who was raised with the social conditioning that taught them to have any level of success and experience with the opposite sex feels the need to do pick-up. If you already know how to catch fish, why the hell would you go to fishing school? You wouldn't go.

@Roy What if you were taught to catch mercury infested Tuna, in a mediocre way? 

Then the FishMiester offers to teach you salmon reliably, why wouldn't you accept? 

Almost nobody is raised how to pick up girls, that's ridiculous. We're raised with negative programming even. Society is pretty stage blue in that regard. 

Stop using your social privilege as a reason that pickup is not useful for people, when it blatantly is. 

Edited by Striving for more

Anyway I need to get off these unproductive threads & avoid debating people. 

The opposite of my intention for using this forum. 

Time to filter out this shit & just get the results & value juice

This shit is all a distraction guys. My bad.