Muhammad Jawad

Is it safe to do Shamanic Breathing at daily basis?

87 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

How many minutes do you spend on shamanic breathing daily? 

Is it safe to spend 30 min on SB in the morning and 15 mins before sleeping on daily basis? 

I cannot answer that with certainty. Nowadays, my daily sessions before bed usually last for 5 minutes. When I need to reconnect with my purpose, intuition, or simply get back on track, I go for 20-60. I have never noticed any side effects, though, EVER.

Edited by SirVladimir

9 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

I have never noticed any side effects

Maybe the reason you are not facing the side effects because you do not do it for 45 mins Daily? 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Maybe the reason you are not facing the side effects because you do not do it for 45 mins Daily? 

Remember, that's nowadays. I've been doing shamanic breathing for almost 3 years and there have NEVER been any side effects. As I said, ego backlashes are only natural. Even if there are any hidden side effects, the positives have, so far, outweighed them by a multiple of a thousand. If I were you, I'd slowly build up to 45 minutes daily. If you are able to sustain 15 minutes for weeks, consistently, day after day, perhaps crank it up to 30.

19 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Remember, that's nowadays. I've been doing shamanic breathing for almost 3 years and there have NEVER been any side effects. As I said, ego backlashes are only natural. Even if there are any hidden side effects, the positives have, so far, outweighed them by a multiple of a thousand. If I were you, I'd slowly build up to 45 minutes daily. If you are able to sustain 15 minutes for weeks, consistently, day after day, perhaps crank it up to 30.

hmmm. Right. I Understand. Thanks for the help :-)

Hi! @SirVladimir

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry for bothering you again.

I have 2 more questions:

1. Listening to music on LSD High is a really deep, profound & amazing experience. Does SB High also impact listening to music to make the experience more profound & deep as psychedelics do?

2. In your 100 Days SB Thread you have said that sometimes you played music during the breathing sessions and sometimes after the sessions. So How you were able to play the music during or after the sessions because at that stage, hands get tight and numb etc...

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

1. Listening to music on LSD High is a really deep, profound & amazing experience. Does SB High also impact listening to music to make the experience more profound & deep as psychedelics do?

Yes, of course. As I wrote in the thread, I even subjectively experienced an entire lifetime in a matter of seconds.

21 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

2. In your 100 Days SB Thread you have said that sometimes you played music during the breathing sessions and sometimes after the sessions. So How you were able to play the music during or after the sessions because at that stage, hands get tight and numb etc...

Hands getting tight and numb is a sign of hyperventilation, which means that you're doing the breathing properly. Good work. Your hands may curl, which is described as a 'lobster claw'. It's most likely the result of hyperventilation, though plenty of new agers say it has to do with unconscious stuck energy. Personally, I have overcome the cramps by surrendering, by letting go, by enduring them until they relented on their own. But don't push yourself unless you feel like it.

Playing music during or after SB may appear somewhat difficult — and it certainly is ^_^ — for it feels like reaching the microscopic play button on your playlist from beyond Jupiter. Do whatever will ease the task for you. Prepare a playlist, keep your phone unlocked; thus when the time comes, you'll somehow find a way to press that one last button.

Edited by SirVladimir

@Muhammad Jawad I think it's time to start experimenting and do your own 100 day report thread. I'd read it! Just listen to your body and energy levels on how much to do it per day. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

9 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Playing music during or after SB may appear somewhat difficult — and it certainly is ^_^ — for it feels like reaching the microscopic play button on your playlist from beyond Jupiter. Do whatever will ease the task for you. Prepare a playlist, keep your phone unlocked; thus when the time comes, you'll somehow find a way to press that one last button.

I did that last night with the Arthurian music you suggested... I was like 'I'm only hitting one button when the time comes' 

It was a failed session though.  ? But afterwards I  cracked open something for the novel that could exponentially raise the story, so perhaps not failed. 

13 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Yes, of course. As I wrote in the thread, I even subjectively experienced an entire lifetime in a matter of seconds.

Right. I will also try to listen to music after SB.

16 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Right.

I will try and let you know about my experience. 

Thanks a lot for the response.  

10 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I think it's time to start experimenting and do your own 100 day report thread. I'd read it! Just listen to your body and energy levels on how much to do it per day. 

Sure. I am ready to post my SB Journal. I will share the link with you. Thanks a lot :-)

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I did that last night with the Arthurian music you suggested

What kind of music is suggested to listen to after SB?

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

It was a failed session though.

Could not you able to press the play button?

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I'd be interested if SB before kriya helps the kriya practice, or if kriya before SB helps the SB. Just be careful though, go slow

Sure. Thanks

Just now, Muhammad Jawad said:

Anything that speaks to heart. 

1 minute ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Could not you able to press the play button?

Yes, that worked, but I did the session for a minute or two without some THC and just couldn't get into it. That's a personal problem of course, the marijuana raises my interests and motivation. I used to try Ritalin and adderal for this issue, but that was many years ago before I got into consciousness work or discovered marijuana.  So I've definitely built a dependency on sativa to keep me motivated to carry on my practices, and have had mystical experience one after another... but it intensifies SB almost to an unbearable amount within minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

• Anything orchestral, such as Two Steps From Hell
  • Anything instrumental, such as Narnia or Skyrim mixes
  • Especially songs by Loreena McKennitt
    • The Mystic’s Dream
    • Ages Past, Ages Hence
    • Beneath A Phrygian Sky

This one below works wonders too:

Last but not least, one of my long-time favorites... :-)

11 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes, that worked, but I did the session for a minute or two without some THC and just couldn't get into it. That's a personal problem of course, the marijuana raises my interests and motivation. I used to try Ritalin and adderal for this issue, but that was many years ago before I got into consciousness work or discovered marijuana.  So I've definitely built a dependency on sativa to keep me motivated to carry on my practices, and have had mystical experience one after another... but it intensifies SB almost to an unbearable amount within minutes. 

Right. Great.

@SirVladimir Thanks a lot for the Music reccemedation. :-)

@SirVladimir Hi!

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry for bothering you again :-)

Today was my 7th day of SB and For the last 3 days, I am constantly feeling subtle weight, pressure, or pain between my ribs near my stomach. I am not sure If it's from the stomach (Nausea) or this pain is in the Lungs due to intense breathing.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks  

@Muhammad Jawad This troubled me for days after I had done SB for 30 minutes on three consecutive days. I allowed myself for a temporary pause, and, when the pain diminished, I resumed on a less intense schedule. This was before the marathon itself. It is also the reason why 50% of my sessions during the marathon lasted about 5 minutes and about 40% 15.

I suggest you give yourself a pause. No need to rush. Plenty of time to build up your habit by increments. You've already done very well, and excessively hurting yourself isn't necessary. You may also try to pace your breath. For the last week, I've been experimenting with it; still no gap between the ins and outs, but the actual "sinusoid" is two to three times more elongated. It's easier on the body and, as I've found out, works equally as well.

Edited by SirVladimir

15 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

This troubled me for days after I had done SB for 30 minutes on three consecutive days.

Right.

I allowed myself for a temporary pause, and, when the pain diminished, I resumed on a less intense schedule.

OK...

It is also the reason why 50% of my sessions during the marathon lasted about 5 minutes and about 40% 15.

OK... I understand now.

16 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

I suggest you give yourself a pause. No need to rush. Plenty of time to build up your habit by increments.

OK...

17 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

You've already done very well, and excessively hurting yourself isn't necessary.

Right.

17 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

You may also try to pace your breath.

Sorry, What do you mean by that?

18 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

but the actual "sinusoid" is two to three times more elongated.

And What do you mean by that as well?

Thanks for the help :-)

@Muhammad Jawad What I mean is that you don't have to breathe as rapidly. You can prolong the ins and outs. Breeeathe in, Breeeathe out. Remember not to halt in between, the entire cycle must be uninterrupted. Don't pause between the ins and outs, don't hold the breath — simply make the ins and outs longer.  

27 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@Muhammad Jawad What I mean is that you don't have to breathe as rapidly. You can prolong the ins and outs. Breeeathe in, Breeeathe out. Remember not to halt in between, the entire cycle must be uninterrupted. Don't pause between the ins and outs, don't hold the breath — simply make the ins and outs longer.  

Should I not take a pause and swallow the Slavia when my throat is dry or something?