Muhammad Jawad

Is it safe to do Shamanic Breathing at daily basis?

87 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Very resourceful approach to learning a rhythm! In fact, that's what I originally did.

Great. Thanks :-)

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

27 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Trying to match a particular breathing pattern can be good structure in the beginning. Some facilitators give breath samples during a session which can be helpful to mimic and get grounded. Yet breathwork goes waaay beyond that. There is deep mind-body-spirit awareness and intuition available. There are infinite mind-body-spirit breathing patterns. I’ve discovered about 20 so far. Most of them on my own during breath sessions. And within each, there are many nuances. Imagine playing a saxophone. There are many ways to play it. Each breath is a note in the song. 

Also, Leo’s breathing demo is just one aspect of breathwork journeys and one pattern. For example, it doesnt have warmups, cool downs and integration.

Right...

Yes, I think at least the ones who are not able to make any kind of rhythm can follow this technique, and then later on with practice and time, we will start to understand our own intuitional rhythms as well. 

26 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

It's not like I'm living in that god-awareness permanently. When I return to my baseline consciousness, that's where I make my stand, poetically speaking, against the backlashes (and, of course, they cannot be solved at the same level they were created at.) More in the link above.

Great. Thanks

3 hours ago, AcaciaConfusa said:

"Oxygen Advantage" - Guy is just saying that you should stop using your mouth to breathe. Wim Hof does use his techniques on a daily basis and the guy seems to be on fire all the time. 

you got a point

9 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yeah Sure. That will be great. 

Today was my 4th day of Shamanic Breathing. I am doing it for 30 mins daily in the morning.  

?

50 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Forestluv Excited to hear about your practice. How do I get ahold of Angell Deer? I would be down to do a group session to start.

Here is Angell's webpage: https://www.thesanctuaryheal.com/

He offers a shamanic breath ceremony each Saturday at 7-9pm NYC time (GMT -5), which can be found under "events". 

He has a lot of experience with Shamanism in Peru, including plant medicines. He is broader than simply breathing. And he gently pushes people during the sessions to go deeper. 

Here is a recording of one of his sessions: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/play/TzrzetQeKx0TQ-HPtRlBpDAahW7oUPLOKmLhkPmRjXuvvV_mEf6uc0a-QIjOkPhjBMvu5bEhqP0LY2A.9Hli1teYL3qZ3QKW?startTime=1610824891000&_x_zm_rtaid=q8wMfoz4R3mgcfpXWNQYkw.1611069538387.3be37324187bad638fcf7dc6723aabaa&_x_zm_rhtaid=703

Yet keep in mind that a live session via video and with a group can have a different vibe to it. In his live sessions, he gives an intro and there is group integration afterwards. 

8 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yes, I think at least the ones who are not able to make any kind of rhythm can follow this technique, and then later on with practice and time, we will start to understand our own intuitional rhythms as well. 

Yes, that is how it is happening for me. I needed to first get some basic rhythms with the diaphram and my belly.

I've also found a good facilitator that I resonate with can be helpful. Sometimes it can be hard for me to get into a good state of mind on my own. 

@Muhammad Jawad I hold deep respect for your dedication to unveiling the theory and practice. May you discover the most astonishing truths within yourself.

27 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Ya know what is fascinating? This hit so hard that I physically felt a hoarse roar reverberating from beyond the gates of hell. Whips of fire cantered round it like horses. Balrog-Gandalf style.

(to intrusive thoughts) 

Your shit SHALL NOT PASS! 

(CLANG) 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@SirVladimir

I always wanted to experience vivid dreams but I always only experience really blurry and fainted dreams.

What do you think? Will doing shamanic breathing at bed right before sleeping will also impact my dreams?

How many minutes of shamanic breathing is enough right before sleep to convert dreams into total vivid dreams?

Right now I am doing my 30 mins of practice in the morning at 5 am .

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Goddamn. Those forest sanctuaries always look so stunning. Shame that Czechia is a tiny country and it most likely wouldn't be sustainable as a full-time – then again, people came to witness Jesus from miles and miles. Having a forest retreat center was always a dirty little dream of mine; perhaps if I ever switch life purpose routes, I'll invite you all for a tea. xD

12 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Will doing shamanic breathing at bed right before sleeping will also impact my dreams?

Dude, I think I even wrote it somewhere in my marathon threads – prepare to get your ass whooped if you do shamanic breathing before bed. xD Hardly ever do I have more vivid dreams than after SB. 10-15 minutes are, in my personal experience, more than enough to notice the effect. Although note that SB ime causes vivid dreams, not lucid ones. You may have the most vivid dreams, where you'll fight beside Gandalf against a rocket-wielding Jesus, but you'll have no idea you're in a dream. 

It's not quantifiable, as it probably differs from person to person. You may not notice any difference at all.

Edited by SirVladimir

@ForestluvPerfect, I will be there on Saturday! Thank you my friend.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

35 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Yes, that is how it is happening for me. I needed to first get some basic rhythms with the diaphram and my belly.

I've also found a good facilitator that I resonate with can be helpful. Sometimes it can be hard for me to get into a good state of mind on my own. 

Great

30 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

I hold deep respect for your dedication to unveiling the theory and practice. May you discover the most astonishing truths within yourself.

Thanks a lot :-)

19 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Dude, I think I even wrote it somewhere in my marathon threads

Yes, I read it in your marathon Report. I just wanted to confirm :-)

20 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

prepare to get your ass whooped if you do shamanic breathing before bed. xD

Wooo

21 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

10-15 minutes are, in my personal experience, more than enough to notice the effect. Although note that SB ime causes vivid dreams, not lucid ones.

Right

You may have the most vivid dreams, where you'll fight beside Gandalf against a rocket-wielding Jesus, but you'll have no idea you're in a dream. 

hmm

It's not quantifiable, as it probably differs from person to person. You may not notice any difference at all.

Ok. Then wish me the best of luck because I am going to try it tonight. :-)

20 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

try it during WBTB ? we'll let you be the Guinea pig

:-D

9 hours ago, Forestluv said:

He offers a shamanic breath ceremony each Saturday at 7-9pm NYC time (GMT -5), which can be found under "events". 

He has a lot of experience with Shamanism in Peru, including plant medicines. He is broader than simply breathing. And he gently pushes people during the sessions to go deeper. 

Here is a recording of one of his sessions: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/play/TzrzetQeKx0TQ-HPtRlBpDAahW7oUPLOKmLhkPmRjXuvvV_mEf6uc0a-QIjOkPhjBMvu5bEhqP0LY2A.9Hli1teYL3qZ3QKW?startTime=1610824891000&_x_zm_rtaid=q8wMfoz4R3mgcfpXWNQYkw.1611069538387.3be37324187bad638fcf7dc6723aabaa&_x_zm_rhtaid=703

Yet keep in mind that a live session via video and with a group can have a different vibe to it. In his live sessions, he gives an intro and there is group integration afterwards. 

thanks for this!

15 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Dude, I think I even wrote it somewhere in my marathon threads – prepare to get your ass whooped if you do shamanic breathing before bed. xD Hardly ever do I have more vivid dreams than after SB. 10-15 minutes are, in my personal experience, more than enough to notice the effect. Although note that SB ime causes vivid dreams, not lucid ones. You may have the most vivid dreams, where you'll fight beside Gandalf against a rocket-wielding Jesus, but you'll have no idea you're in a dream. 

I did 15 mins of Shamanic Breathing before sleeping. It was amazing.

I went into a really deep state of consciousness. I was in a void with no feeling of the body.

My Visualisation and imagination power multiplied by 10. Whatever I was trying to visualize or imagine that was manifesting into that void more clearly than the normal state.

I was receiving a lot of insights.

I was able to experience different states of consciousness.

I was able to remain aware while sleeping into Sleeping states. Hypnagogia was a lot more powerful visually. I enjoyed these experiences in that deep state a lot.

I was hyperactive psychologically as well. My body was able to sleep but I was still aware of everything. Psychologically it was really hard for me to become unconscious and sleep.

After 1 or 2 hours in that state, after all, I slept.

Now I have feelings of very different kinds of sleep I experienced last night. I can't explain it.

And my dreams were also a lot vivid than my normal routine.

Thanks a lot, Brother for the Help, Motivation & Inspiration :-)

@Muhammad Jawad Cool beans! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Keep it up, a lot more stuff to come and explore. 

2 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

@Muhammad Jawad Cool beans! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Keep it up, a lot more stuff to come and explore. 

Sure. Thanks a lot.

21 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Cool beans! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Keep it up, a lot more stuff to come and explore. 

How many minutes do you spend on shamanic breathing daily? 

Is it safe to spend 30 min on SB in the morning and 15 mins before sleeping on daily basis?