StateOfMind

What are your insights about Reincarnation?

60 posts in this topic

If you think that there is no you, you have a quite an acid trip. And I'm not talking about "you", the character, I'm talking about everything. Speaking from your direct experience, don't you truly have a sense of "I am"? Not the thought "I am", the sense.

Edited by wesyasz

1 minute ago, wesyasz said:

Speaking from your direct experience, don't you truly have a sense of "I am"?

Of course I have, because it's my ego. But when I broke my ego I realized that there is not "I", it's only an illusion

Yes, I understand what you mean, I also experienced that there is no-one in this body. Yet, I still was, and still am.

24 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

If you think that there is no you, you have a quite an acid trip. And I'm not talking about "you", the character, I'm talking about everything. Speaking from your direct experience, don't you truly have a sense of "I am"? Not the thought "I am", the sense.

The “sense” is a still “thought “. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

9 minutes ago, James123 said:

The “sense” is a still “thought “. 

all of the replies were just thoughts, so all of those people believe they had some experience yet they rely on memory to talk about it, where in fact it's all just thoughts... would you agree?

if the answer is either yes or no

what makes your thoughts true? if it's all thoughts, then no thought is any better or more truthful.

but is there any Truth at all? if Truth is being and not attachment. isn't that just a thought?

my brain hurts :/

4 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

Did you have any insights during an wakening about reincarnation/past lives?

if yes, please do share it with us...

Please don't tell me something you've read or heard, i want raw insights.

Go to this thread, the last few replies I have given apply to your question:

Replace solipsism with reincarnation.

Glory to Israel

What you're looking for is an experiential thing, a vibrational thing, we might say. And until then no words can satisfy you, because every thought comes with its opposite by definition. 

4 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

all of the replies were just thoughts, so all of those people believe they had some experience yet they rely on memory to talk about it, where in fact it's all just thoughts... would you agree?

what makes your thoughts true? if it's all thoughts, then no thought is any better or more truthful.

but is there any Truth at all? if Truth is being and not attachment. isn't that just a thought?

Trying to capturing this with thoughts is like trying to catch water with a net. Or, trying to capture this with thoughts is like trying to draw a 3D object on a 2D paper. You can only ever draw it from one singular vantage point, infact, if you try to draw it from multiple POV it would get all contradictory. For example, you would be drawing the object on top of itself, or you would be drawing multiple versions of the objects. It would never be 3D.

Glory to Israel

14 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

Yes i agree. 
Thoughts are illusion.

You can say no thoughts or no mind. But, not knowing is more profound. 

Not knowing is what “being” is, same as before so called “birth”. When you not know, what is a thought? What is mind? What is attachment, death, or life? Nothingness can not be “experienced” (because “I” and “experiencing “ is still a thought) can just “be” ( being is just being, there is no question nor answer). 

Dear @StateOfMind

Upon awakening I had 3 main insights;  

- I actually know everything I should do & I’ve only been pretending not to know

- Everything is perfect & everything is ❤️

- I am ready to die right now because I’m no longer attached to appearances ?‍♂️ 

Reincarnation didn’t even come up after the 3rd insight, as it really didn’t matter.. I felt just ready to die and bathe in love...  (btw, at the time I didn’t know about Leo or Actualized.org - let alone non duality). 

Now when recontextualizing with what I know after a year and a half of studying, I’d say that when we’re in a state of pure presence, the question won’t even arise. Once awake, you’ll know you were never born, rendering reincarnation obsolete...
Just standing knowingly as awareness❤️

Namaste ?? , any question is welcomed!

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@StateOfMind there ain't no one no where knows anything about anything. 

We're all full of shit. 

Good luck sir. 

@Someone here I concur. Even direct experience leads to vastly different conclusions among people even if they experience essentially the same phenomenon or event. To be honest, no one on planet Earth ever has experienced the complete disintegration or destruction of the brain and then came back to tell a near death experience other than Jesus (although his brain was not destroyed he allegedly returned in incorporeal form) who existed 2,000 years ago and could be a complete lie. All of us on this forum and all people on the typical nondual spiritual path could be wrong about consciousness being prior to the brain. It’s just a belief that seems plausible and more developed than materialism which makes us all feel a little special inside for thinking we’ve outwitted 99% of the world whether we want to admit to that or not. As soon as the brain is actually destroyed, our consciousness or ability to experience might forever be gone. Consciousness and the brain are a chicken-and-the-egg problem whether spiritual people want to admit it or not. We’ve never been able to verify one separate from the other. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

"If you can transition from wakefulness to sleep consciously, you will also be able to transition from life to death consciously."

- sadhguru

pretty interesting 

@Lyubov says the guy who has never died. Even all these people claiming to “have experienced physical death” on psychedelics or through meditation never actually had their physical body die 100%. Near death experiences do not count either because in every case the individual’s brain was able to return to at least enough functioning to articulate their experience. That is not complete physical death. When Sadhguru’s body decays into a pulp and he returns, I’ll take him seriously as a solid source of information on death. Until then, he’s speculating. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

Dolores Canon

Has anyone read one of her books: Between Death and Life?

Edited by Arcangelo

3 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Lyubov says the guy who has never died. Even all these people claiming to “have experienced physical death” never actually had their physical body die 100%. When Sadhguru’s body decays into a pulp and he returns, I’ll take him seriously as a solid source of information on death. Until then, he’s speculating. 

keep an open mind when labeling information on that which you yourself have admitted isn't your roadhouse 

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov I’ve experienced the complete dissolution of anything that could be considered human, Earthly, or the ego. I entered a seemingly timeless state where nothing existed other than practically blank consciousness. I’m not an initiate in this. Unless your human nervous system was evaporated at ground zero when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima or were subjected to a similarly destructive event, you have not been through complete, total physical death and have no reliable credentials to claim knowledge on such a thing. One’s speculation that consciousness can’t die or transcends complete, total physical death could be 100% correct, but until that has been directly experienced, it cannot be reliably verified. Speculation is fine as long as you don’t conflate it with Absolute Truth or unquestionable insight. 

33 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Lyubov says the guy who has never died. Even all these people claiming to “have experienced physical death” on psychedelics or through meditation never actually had their physical body die 100%. Near death experiences do not count either because in every case the individual’s brain was able to return to at least enough functioning to articulate their experience. That is not complete physical death. When Sadhguru’s body decays into a pulp and he returns, I’ll take him seriously as a solid source of information on death. Until then, he’s All ur talk about psychedelics and you still dont know shit. 

Lol all ur talk about psychedelics and you still talk about physical body and brain, it is IMAGINATION!!

Everything is imagination,  your entire life and earth.

You are nothing which imagines stuff.

There are plenty of NDE's, like eben alexander a brain surgeon,  his brain was not functioning but he had thr most insane experience ever.

Hallucination? Yeah but thats what ur life is to.

Nothing can't die, sure ego and personality goes.

People have been dead and came back, does it matter if they where dead for 2 months or 15 min? Time is relative.

How did you end up here?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@James123 Is "other peple" just a thought?

Yes brother. Nobody is here. 

14 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Lyubov I’ve experienced the complete dissolution of anything that could be considered human, Earthly, or the ego. I entered a seemingly timeless state where nothing existed other than practically blank consciousness. I’m not an initiate in this. Unless your human nervous system was evaporated at ground zero when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima or were subjected to a similarly destructive event, you have not been through complete, total physical death and have no reliable credentials to claim knowledge on such a thing. One’s speculation that consciousness can’t die or transcends complete, total physical death could be 100% correct, but until that has been directly experienced, it cannot be reliably verified. Speculation is fine as long as you don’t conflate it with Absolute Truth or unquestionable insight. 

people make similar claims you're making now but about not being able to experience spiritual awakening and find out what is "true." xD