Vision

How do I get over solipsism?

42 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm the only person in this dream. Everything and everyone I'm interacting with is just my imagination. This makes me feel depressed.

I used to measure my success and fulfilment relative to other people. Seeing others in a less fortunate position than me made me grateful for where I am. But if it's just my imagination, I'm just comparing myself to a fiction. 

I have an idea of what non-duality is, I know that solipsism is just a belief and that there's no such thing as a person, or me. I still can't stop thinking this way and it's driving me crazy. 

7 minutes ago, Vision said:

I feel like I'm the only person in this dream. Everything and everyone I'm interacting with is just my imagination. This makes me feel depressed.

I used to measure my success and fulfilment relative to other people. Seeing others in a less fortunate position than me made me grateful for where I am. But if it's just my imagination, I'm just comparing myself to a fiction. 

I have an idea of what non-duality is, I know that solipsism is just a belief and that there's no such thing as a person, or me. I still can't stop thinking this way and it's driving me crazy. 

Why get over it? Truth is what is. Is what is and always has been scary and depressing? Why? 

When you say "Help me get over" Its like youre saying "I dont want this to be true, help me fall back asleep"

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Vision How to get over it? Hmm... let's see...

How about you get in touch with the fact that you don't know and ask a question on the forum?

Who are you asking this question, hmm? How is it possible that I'm a figment of your imagination, and know something you don't?

Solipsism understood correctly does not create feelings of nihilism, or being trapped.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Why get over it? Truth is what is. Is what is and always has been scary and depressing? Why? 

@Leo Gura himself said that solipsism isn't true? That it's not the same as non-duality? 

11 minutes ago, Rilles said:

When you say "Help me get over" Its like youre saying "I dont want this to be true, help me fall back asleep"

If it really is true then yes, help me fall back asleep. I can't stomach this loneliness, at least for now. I'm not ready yet.

This is the 999nth of solipsism lately. You guys need to actually start doing the practices and directly awakening and less trying to understand it with the mind and the ego.

You should have ditched the mind long time ago.

@Vision That's because you care. You pay attention to it. Get busy, do something. The reason why solipsism drives you bananas is because you focus on it, that's it. It really is that simple. 

It's exactly the same like with paying attention to your blinking. Once you care about your blinking, you are hung up on it and you can't not see it anymore. Just don't care about it, get busy and you're mind will take care of it automatically. 

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

How is it possible that I'm a figment of your imagination, and know something you don't?

Infinite intelligence? God? The Universe? You and I don't exist right? We're the same? 

@Javfly33 I'm not ready for awakening. I still have basic survival needs and desires to take care of.

9 minutes ago, Vision said:

himself said that solipsism isn't true? That it's not the same as non-duality? 

Why does it matter what Leo says? Will it change your direct experience if he says that reality is a monkey playing a trumpet? What is true for you? 

9 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Leo Gura himself said that solipsism isn't true? That it's not the same as non-duality? 

If it really is true then yes, help me fall back asleep. I can't stomach this loneliness, at least for now. I'm not ready yet.

Then forget about it, like someone said, get busy. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Vision said:

I still have basic survival needs and desires to take care of.

Go do that. Drop everything that doesn't serve you and move on.

Remember, you can come back whenever you want. There's no hurry in this work, it won't run awayxD

Life goes on regardless of whether you worry about the metaphysics of it or not. 

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

@Vision That's because you care. You pay attention to it. Get busy, do something. The reason why solipsism drives you bananas is because you focus on it, that's it. It really is that simple. 

It's exactly the same like with paying attention to your blinking. Once you care about your blinking, you are hung up on it and you can't not see it anymore. Just don't care about it, get busy and you're mind will take care of it automatically. 

I CAN'T HELP BUT DOUBT IF ANYONE I INTERACT WITH ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS IS EVEN REAL. 

So I'm God, experiencing itself. Is everyone else also God, experiencing itself? Therefore everyone I interact with is real? 

Go take care of survival needs simultaneously. Most people have no foundation here and then use spirituality to bypass taking care of those needs, that's the biggest dangers of getting involved with Non-Duality at such a young age. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Why does it matter what Leo says? Will it change your direct experience if he says that reality is a monkey playing a trumpet? What is true for you? 

But the idea that I'm talking to "other people" is also a belief, right? How can I know if that is true? 

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Go do that. Drop everything that doesn't serve you and move on.

Remember, you can come back whenever you want. There's no hurry in this work, it won't run awayxD

Life goes on regardless of whether you worry about the metaphysics of it or not. 

How do I simply drop it? 

Just now, Vision said:

I CAN'T HELP BUT DOUBT IF ANYONE I INTERACT WITH ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS IS EVEN REAL. 

WHO CARES?! Screw it, what difference does it make??

You're like somebody who worries about the clouds being white, who gives a s*it?

2 minutes ago, Vision said:

Is everyone else also God, experiencing itself? Therefore everyone I interact with is real? 

Yes, I am real. I'm sitting here at my desk in Germany and I'm trying to calm you down ffs, now if you would please get on with life and drop this whole thing? 

Of course from my perspective everyone is like in a dream, but why on earth would I care about it? 

It doesn't make the slightest difference, jesus

3 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Go take care of survival needs simultaneously. Most people have no foundation here and then use spirituality to bypass taking care of those needs, that's the biggest dangers of getting involved with Non-Duality at such a young age. 

Sorry can't unquote 

10 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Javfly33 I'm not ready for awakening. I still have basic survival needs and desires to take care of.

Then why you are asking anything? Do you expect to take what we say to you here as a belief?

If Truth could be "understood" by words then practices wouldn't have any point.

The whole thing about this stuff is that you trascend the mind. It can't be grasped with language and mind because that's the whole thing is preventing you to get it.

10 minutes ago, Vision said:

Infinite intelligence? God? The Universe? You and I don't exist right? We're the same? 

What is the difference between "the same" and "different"? Why do you think that these two categories form a duality?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Vision said:

How do I simply drop it? 

By realizing that it doesn't serve you, at all. And furthermore, it makes no difference.

Why would you hold on to something that isn't of any interest to you? Like the clouds being white; so what?

Things are the way they are, why would anybody care about that?

You're simply overthinking sh*t pal, there's really nothing to worry about, I promisexD

You don't see me running around all worked up about that, I just don't care about it. And neither should you. 

5 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Go take care of survival needs simultaneously.

I struggle to focus on anything with these thoughts stuck in my head. 

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

WHO CARES?! Screw it, what difference does it make??

6 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Of course from my perspective everyone is like in a dream, but why on earth would I care about it? 

It doesn't make the slightest difference, jesus

How does it not make a difference? Why help improve humanity if humanity is just a fiction? 

@Vision You're the one who raises the problem. There's no problem at all. Everything is the way it is, and it doesn't matter what you think about it. The clouds stay white and grey, the birds will keep chirping, trees keep growing, people will come and go and everything simply is. 

Everything is the way it always was, whether you "understand" or not. And there's no problem at all. So don't worry, it's alright. 

If you get busy, I promise that you'll simply forget about solipsism without even trying to do so.

And one day you'll say yourself "hm... there was no problem after all I guess." And you'll chuckle and keep doing whatever you were doing, just like the birds.

You don't know whether solipsism is true or not. So just stop thinking that it is true.

5 minutes ago, Vision said:

Why help improve humanity if humanity is just a fiction? 

Here's your problem. You expect that realizing the truth will make a difference.
Truth is already true, you realizing it will not change anything.
You will probably do less stupid shit ignorantly, but you will still live in accordance with it.