Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

I'm disturbed with how vulnerable humans are

17 posts in this topic

I'm really disturbed about how with one accident, one incorrect turn with my car or one encounter with an animal means I might permanently lose a limb

I don't like how one encounter with an idiot holding a nail gun, or some child with a BB Gun will mean I might go permanently blind for the rest of my life

And what really disturbed me is how one accidental fall into the wrong corner of a swimming pool means I could be paralyzed for the rest of my life.

Note how I keep using the world permanently, my issue is not with death as much as it is with being permanently altered.

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

that's why you should unite with god and not stay in the fragile ego. have some humility to surrender to god. 

Stay cool & dry.

1 minute ago, Shunyata said:

that's why you should unite with god and not stay in the fragile ego. have some humility to surrender to god. 

This is where it's going to sound weird, but what if I get paralyzed from the neck down and can't meditate, and thus can't connect with God?

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

17 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

get

I don’t know if that means you cannot meditate as it means to think deeply about something, or to wordlessly surrender. I am so sorry that you’ve gone through such a traumatic experience, it’s definitely not fair. Traumatic experiences cause permanent life alterations for many (mentally and phsycially). I believe if you make it alive, you can train yourself over time to work with the working limbs that you have. I am sure that will not be an easy process, but if you get through it— think of the positive influences you can make on people who are also experiencing similar trauma. Again, I am so sorry this happened.

Edited by Jasmine Voit

@Husseinisdoingfine you are not here to meditate. you do not exist. you don't need to be in some special lotus position to silence your narcissistic ego mind.

Stay cool & dry.

We tend to attract what we fear. I would not recommend holding any of the thoughts in the OP.

At a deeper level, events happen in line with a higher purpose. Someone becoming blind becomes the reason somebody else can establish a career as a carer, or even finding technological means to restore sight.

That said, being educated about safe practices, advanced driving courses and what not is not a bad thing. Then accept. Vulnerability is the nature of the human condition while we are here - which isn't all that long.

Edited by No Self

What's so disturbing about it?

It's all written by the same hand, so it's meant to make you greater.

And if you die, so what? Just reincrante lmao.

Disturbing relative to what? Quarks, leptons, photons, atoms, insects, animals and dumb humans?

DOn't be scared homie

@Husseinisdoingfine You say it isn't about fear of death, but I don't agree with that. 

If you become paralysed, you say you'll become miserable because you'll be unable to do certain things. Be "unable to live life fully", is the fear. So what's underlying that? 

---

"Comparison is the thief of joy" they say, and it's true. Whatever situation you find yourself in, poor or disabled, false  comparisons and asking "why me?" 's  results in misery. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough

38 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

What's so disturbing about it?

It's all written by the same hand, so it's meant to make you greater.

And if you die, so what? Just reincrante lmao.

Disturbing relative to what? Quarks, leptons, photons, atoms, insects, animals and dumb humans?

DOn't be scared homie

Reincarnating into a lower level. Lower and lower. 

15 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I’m really disturbed about how with one accident, one incorrect turn with my car or one encounter with an animal means I might permanently lose a limb

The thought is disturbing. It is not that you are disturbed. 

I don't like how one encounter with an idiot holding a nail gun, or some child with a BB Gun will mean I might go permanently blind for the rest of my life

Same. 

And what really disturbed me is how one accidental fall into the wrong corner of a swimming pool means I could be paralyzed for the rest of my life.

Same. 

Note how I keep using the world permanently, my issue is not with death as much as it is with being permanently altered.

All which can be said to be experienced is impermanent. That which is aware of this is neither permanent nor impermanent. These are an appearance, aka, “thoughts”. 

This stands to be a recognition of thought attachment regarding ‘who’ you really are. The recognition is the liberation.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Im gonna go contrarian here and say, yes, reality is fucking scary, anything can happen to you at any moment, you just have to learn to enjoy this twisted ride. 

It's just a ride.

@Rilles

But then you ‘die’ and see you were always the source of all of it and how thoughts had a lot (everything) to do with the creating of the reality experienced because it was vibrational (literally of yourSelf) all along. But at that point it’s too late cause the experience is already forgotten / never happened, (because it was - IS RIGHT NOW - a vibration of you) and thus can’t even be said to be too late in infinite blissful ness of Self. You’re that same Self right now is all I’m gettin at. Best of ‘both worlds’. (Nothing personal I trust (hope)...and no ‘beating up’ - that’d be more of the same.) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Rilles

But then you ‘die’ and see you were always the source of all of it and how thoughts had a lot (everything) to do with the creating of the reality experienced because it was vibrational (literally of yourSelf) all along. But at that point it’s too late cause the experience is already forgotten / never happened, (because it was - IS RIGHT NOW - a vibration of you) and thus can’t even be said to be too late in infinite blissful ness of Self. You’re that same Self right now is all I’m gettin at. Best of ‘both worlds’. (Nothing personal I trust (hope)...and no ‘beating up’ - that’d be more of the same.) 

?

It's just a ride.

Going through traumatic experience can help someone rediscover who they are. At that point, life is forcing the person to live at a higher purpose.