Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

Can Infinity Actually Be Experienced?

10 posts in this topic

One of the key aspects of infinity is that it forever continues. Let’s assume someone thinks they have experienced infinity. By definition, wouldn’t they just have perceived an expansion that appears to continue forever? Couldn’t this process of expansion end as soon as the person is no longer perceiving this expansion? It seems that the person is assuming just because they witnessed expansion that seemed to go on forever that it will go on forever. This is the logical/rational assumption to make, but it ultimately is just an assumption that could be entirely wrong. 

It’s similar to a European explorer going out to sea in the Atlantic Ocean in the 1,400s. He goes out extremely far, further than he could’ve imagined is possible, and he returns to Europe to tell everyone the Atlantic Ocean is never ending. Does his assumption align with what he has directly experienced? Yes, it does completely. Knowing what we know now, his assumption was entirely false. Couldn’t this be the same case for the universe as well as God? 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

If every possibility is experienced simultaneously, it ‘cancels’ out to One Nothing/Everything. It’s not like a person experiences the ISness of a pencil, strawberry, cup of coffee, Tom Brady, a marshmallow, the movie Titanic and on and on. . . 

And once it’s contextualized as an “experience”, it’s no longer infinite since it no longer includes “not that experience”

17 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Forestluv How can one reliably know that every possibility was experienced? 

Experiencing all possibilities simultaneously is Nothing / Everything. That can be realized. Yet it’s not like knowing every individual point or fact (from a human perspective. From a transhuman state, You are Every point or fact”

Yet when one contextualizes as an “experience” and asks “was that experience Nothing / Everything?”, then it’s a thing ‘within’ infinity. 

Nothing / Everything can’t be contextualized, since any contextualization is not another contextualization. 

To me it seems like you are referring to a personal experience as an “experience”

@Forestluv what is the difference between a realization and an experience in your eyes then? To realize happens within experience by the definitions I’m using which are the accepted definitions. If you’re using non-standard definitions of these words, please define each. I cannot possibly gain value from or understand what you are tying to say if we are using different definitions which is what seems to be happening. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

42 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Forestluv what is the difference between a realization and an experience in your eyes then? To realize happens within experience by the definitions I’m using which are the accepted definitions. If you’re using non-standard definitions of these words, please define each. I cannot possibly gain value from or understand what you are tying to say if we are using different definitions which is what seems to be happening. 

It cannot be captured by words or images.

Theory is great to explore, yet it cannot be explained since any explanation is not another explanation and doesn’t include the non-explained.

@Forestluv You explained that perfectly.

You've been there before. In that place where all 'explanations' are as redundant as painting a red rose red.

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

One of the key aspects of infinity is that it forever continues.

This forgets and that appears. Eternal forgets and time (forever) appears. Infinite forgets and space appears (to continue in). One forgets and causation appears (continuance), and aspects appear (a perception of a perceiver by a secondary perceiver). Not knowing forgets as meaning such as this appears.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, cetus said:

In that place where all 'explanations' are as redundant as painting a red rose red.

❤️ ? 

@BipolarGrowth you can experience infinitY. However, anything that “you” “experience “ including “infinity “ is a still dream. Not enlightenment.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."