Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OBEler

arm pain does not go away for years. Is it mental?

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

my girlfriend plays professional trumpet as a music student. 2 years ago her arm began hurting during holding trumpet. She went to doctors they all say she and her arm are total fine. They could not find anything. She went to physiotherapeuts, masseurs. It did not help. She also cannot use her arms for other things too. Since then she could not resume her study.

she is deeply traumatized from her childhood and is very spiritual. Maybe the body want to tell her to stop playing trumpet? It could be a psychosomatic problem and  meanwhile she thinks also. How to treat such things if it is an energetic/psychosomatic problem with her arms? How can this be healed?

In these 2 years She went to 6 doctors, 4 special masseurs for arm pain, did accupuncture. Had physio therapy. No one found anything. Her body is in perfect health. What else professionals she could go?

I dont think this has something to do with dietary, she has this pain for more than 2 years and she changed her dietary often during this long time

She rest her arm for two years. this cannot be the issue

The time her arm started to hurt was the time where she really questioned if she want to move on with being a professional trumpet player. She also had issues with her study because it triggered her childhood trauma (she was bullied in school). I think that could be a root cause. 

is this really possible that parts of the body hurt because of a psychological blockage? I ask me if it would be psychological, why she cannot lift with her arms other non related things to the trumpet like a heavy box or something.

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler She needs a EMG if she hasn't had one. 

"Electromyography (EMG) measures muscle response or electrical activity in response to a nerve's stimulation of the muscle. The test is used to help detect neuromuscular abnormalities. During the test, one or more small needles (also called electrodes) are inserted through the skin into the muscle."

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@acidgoofy Yes, very open.  She already tried and had positive results. Nevertheless this did not help with her arm

@neutralemptyThanks, she is now 27 years old. arthritis should not be the case on such young people. But this could be a hint. She eats meat. Maybe she really should radically change her diet to plant based and see what happens

@Ananta Thanks for the advice. Hmm why did not the doctor do an EMG already with her

@OBEler

She is traumatized. She is not the one who is traumatized. It does not belong to her. It never did. Therein lies the liberation. The belief well being is found without, rather than the nature of within, can run deep.

An experience of giving our power away, interpreted, a story which is not true, and a feeling misunderstood, which keeps repeating. It doesn’t fit, cause it’s not who she really is. Misunderstanding, misinterpretation, misidentification can be very convincing. Experience can be most confusing, and convincing. 

She could be more realistic in the contemporary sense with the statistical odds. If she is seen by a thousand doctors there is a good chance she will come across one who actually sees her, and that one will know who she is not, and she will begin to liberate in that knowing as well. 

If you happen to share this sentiment with her, be careful not to put too much stock in me either. I’m no doctor. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Ananta Thanks for the advice. Hmm why did not the doctor do an EMG already with her

Most times it's a neurologist that orders this test. Not sure if she saw one, but also as someone said, some doctors are better than others.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?